Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sylvanas' endgame (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas
    Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.

Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
    Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.

The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.

We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.
    So... what exactly is Sylvanas' plan? Ruining the Horde and making everyone hate her?

shes gonna betray the horde and use it as a stepping stone to become an evil god

its literally the only way to reconcile the sylvanas loyalist path with the saurfang path. shes gonna betray the player at the end and become a god and you will be forced to side with saurfang and thrall who take you in because sylvanas betrayed you and you definitely want revenge they're pretty sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    So... what exactly is Sylvanas' plan? Ruining the Horde and making everyone hate her?
    Clearly not because even in ''A Good War'', she knew that the Horde wouldn't trust her to lead a war on ''thier terms'' hence employing Saurfang. In the same novel she hinted at expecting other entities to turn against her at some point. And how would we know?

Blizzard isn't bothering to explain it at all, all it does show is that she isn't really losing, she's basically buying time to enact whatever it is, she already knows that half the Horde is against her, how much do you want to bet that when they move to Org to unseat her, she won't be there in the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    shes gonna betray the horde and use it as a stepping stone to become an evil god

its literally the only way to reconcile the sylvanas loyalist path with the saurfang path. shes gonna betray the player at the end and become a god and you will be forced to side with saurfang and thrall who take you in because sylvanas betrayed you and you definitely want revenge they're pretty sure
    That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-04-24 at 03:21 AM.

Griffith did nothing wrong I mean Sylvanas

I like the coincidence of the title. =P Makes me think her end*wink*game is to collect magical doohickeys to snap her fingers and wipe out half of the living beings in the Warcraft universe.

For real, I don't know. Maybe she's a puppet of N'zoth? Maybe she's actually playing N'zoth, because if you read the spoilers to how the Azshara raid ends, Azshara ain't playing N'zoth, so maybe Sylvanas is? Maybe it has nothing to do with N'zoth and Sylvanas is using or being used by a higher force that wants N'zoth out of the way, Death itself. Could be tied to Azeroth herself. It could be any of those things but anything less would be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Clearly not because even in ''A Good War'', she knew that the Horde wouldn't trust her to lead a war on ''thier terms'' hence employing Saurfang. In the same novel she hinted at expecting other entities to turn against her at some point. And how would we know?

Blizzard isn't bothering to explain it at all, all it does show is that she isn't really losing, she's basically buying time to enact whatever it is, she already knows that half the Horde is against her, how much do you want to bet that when they move to Org to unseat her, she won't be there in the following patch?

That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    if ur expecting blizzard to be clever or the choice to have any meaning besides an alternate toy i have some rly bad news for u about bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    She wants to kill traitors, which is appropriate even under Thrall's rule, so I'm not too sure what people are whining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Lmao. They really are going the route of her being this master manipulator that did all these things to save the world. I was hoping they wouldn't go this route with it, but it's pretty obvious now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Lmao. They really are going the route of her being this master manipulator that did all these things to save the world. I was hoping they wouldn't go this route with it, but it's pretty obvious now.
    Still better than literally Siege 2.0.

My bet is that N'zoth is going in that Dagger, and he THINKS she's being played. Now that we know that Azshara was definitely on N'zoth's side and wasn't working against him, It's pretty likely that they'll give that plot to Sylvanas, going back to The Three Sisters comic, Sylv herself felt reviled by what Alleria had done to herself willing.

However, it won't come from a place of altruism or ''goodness' she's going to use him against her enemies.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-04-24 at 03:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ShE iS dOiNg FoR tHe HoRdE gOoD

wE mUsT tRuSt HeR

Sylvanas has allied with Xal'atath and N'zoth. She will become part of the Black Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Sylvanas has allied with Xal'atath and N'zoth. She will become part of the Black Empire.
    There's more evidence/example against that than for it. Her having the blade isn't enough. If anything, she's allied with some entity of Death, she's literally enacting the will of Death since Three sisters.

People keep forgetting about the fact that Bwonsamdi has a ''Death Boss'' and that a ''Shadowy entity'' puppeted Vol'jin.

It's interesting how this dialogue suggests Nathanos too knows what the end game is and apparently is okay with whatever it is. Not sure if that's good or bad considering Calia's peeping around the corner.

Another thing, the lack of word "champion" makes it seem like she's addressing Nathanos privately in this one. If that's true, I'm wondering how we'll learn about this conversation.

What is to come is the Horde rebellion. The Endgame is what the Knife told her
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Failure, just like her other plans. That's what we call character consistency, children.

In all seriousness, while this is entirely unsurprising, it is accomplished by the cheapest form of writing, even from lime to line. Both A Good War and BTS have Sylvanas in her internal monologue noting the Horde will be something that exists post-war and will be given things and the closest it comes to a secret goal is wrecking Stormwind. If the character is aware of something but is obfuscating it even from herself to trick the audience it's just Bad Writing 101.

@Dagoth Ur

The only promising thing is that she has to reassure Nathanos at all. We are barreling towards Calia at extremely high speeds, but I'll take any glimmer of hope they give me.

If I indulge for a bit, I do think that it's precisely the role of the Horde that she may be playing him on and this'll be where he jumps off. In this fanciful scenario, Nathanos talking about doing things for the Horde, his earlier comments to that effect and Sylvanas talking about weeding out the disloyal, which is suggestive of a part of the Horde being worth preserving all tie into a point where she reveals that isn't teh case at all and will actualy be killing everyone. So that's when Nathanos jumps off. It's the only variant I can see.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-04-24 at 07:55 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

She wants to use the blade to weaken N'Zoth into a killable state. She's just terrible at saying what she wants to do, which would justify some of her actions and maybe make the process easier on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The only promising thing is that she has to reassure Nathanos at all. We are barreling towards Calia at extremely high speeds, but I'll take any glimmer of hope they give me.
    Yeah, that means everything's not going how Nathanos thought it would or she didn't tell him everything from the start. I guess that's still a tiny spark of hope to hook onto before we accept the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Yeah, that means everything's not going how Nathanos thought it would or she didn't tell him everything from the start. I guess that's still a tiny spark of hope to hook onto before we accept the worst.
    I do think it's interesting that Nathanos is given something extra to presumably hand over to Azshara. We know Sylvanas is glad the PC survived becaused it'll let him give the HoA to Azshara unintentionally.

If anything has any hope gets Nathanos off this ride and the Forsaken out from being completely massacred as a race any further than they already are, it's things like his comments about the Horde and him noting that the Alliance fleet got wrecked and the holy status quo was restored.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Her end game is proof that the player didn't corrupt her with the knife... I can't believe there were even players who wanted to deny her evil so much... "Oh we corrupted her with the knife..."

No, the knife was meant to go to her because she serves N'zoth... She's leads both the horde and the alliance to the place where Nazjatar opens up after all.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    She wants to kill all life and raise everyone to become undead to fight the void.