Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    All raidiing in modern WoW... including Mythic, is a joke. But hey... if it somehow makes you feel good to sound "leet" in an absolutely snorefest game... you do you!
    You sound like someone who has never set foot in a mythic raid. Maybe you've seen a few minutes of a Method stream and it looks easy when other people are doing it. You could dedicate your life to mythic raiding and never come close to cracking a top 500 roster. I know that because I have seen your propensity to say stupid things, which is a clear indication of your inability to think critically enough to ever be any kind of decent raider. But yeah, it's easy, total joke. Professional sports are a joke too. I could do any of those things, just don't feel like it.

Have a nice day.

I loved DKP made me feel like i was getting something even when I wasn't getting loot. Never had drama with it. I don't even understand how you could have drama with DKP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    point is if you're not a guild that can actually clear content without the gear (week 1&2), chances are you're not good enough to loot council properly
    I fail to see how clear speed relates to being able to distribute loot through a council, but okay, keep deluding yourself into using awful loot systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaraKaos View Post
    I don't even understand how you could have drama with DKP lol.
    It's super easy to abuse DKP systems, like bidding on something you don't really want just to force someone else to pay more DKP for it, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You sound like someone who has never set foot in a mythic raid. Maybe you've seen a few minutes of a Method stream and it looks easy when other people are doing it. You could dedicate your life to mythic raiding and never come close to cracking a top 500 roster. I know that because I have seen your propensity to say stupid things, which is a clear indication of your inability to think critically enough to ever be any kind of decent raider. But yeah, it's easy, total joke. Professional sports are a joke too. I could do any of those things, just don't feel like it.

Have a nice day.
    "never come close to cracking a top 500 roster." Bwahaha... who the hell cares about being top 500 of anything? I'm paying (was) to play an MMORPG. For me I preferred raiding back when you had to attune, had to farm resist gear, gear up, etc.

I preferred raids that almost forced you to farm the first couple bosses to be geared enough to even attempt the next couple bosses.

I preferred it when you guys went in mostly blind... and looked at the debuffs to see what they were and what they did. When you trid to make your raid fit the encounter... rather than following a guide that listed hoe many of each class you HAD to bring.

You can have Mythic raiding... it's garbage when you can hit level cap, gear up in a few hours playtime, and walk into a Mythic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Vanilla also had videos of other guilds clearing the raids and explaining how they work, it just wasn't in-game. Also, prepared Mythic raiders will have potions, flasks, feasts, their most optimal enchants and gems, as well as any other temporary buff items they need. It's not as easy as you make it sound, and that's not including keeping track of all the different mechanics and things on the screen going on at once.
    Youtube wasn't even founded until 2005. While there was some info out there... most people didn't know or care how to find it. We used Thotbot which was very bare in info compared to WoWhead today.

Different mechanics? You mean the ones with giant arrows pointing the area they will soon be attacking? Heck I thought "Run away little girl!" was game breaking.

Info on raids today? What a joke:

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell, I am not going back to raid lead. I've had a lifetime quota of herding ferrets met and then some. But, as a thought experiment, if I were to do so, I'd probably run DKP with an emphasis on attendance, attitude, and perseverance. Foster good behavior and positivity in the raid group rather than everyone get salty over another Geddon wipe or Dude X getting the ring instead of Dude Y. Not the most efficient system, sure, but one that would make raid leading not give me an ulcer, I think.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I fail to see how clear speed relates to being able to distribute loot through a council, but okay, keep deluding yourself into using awful loot systems.

- - - Updated - - -

It's super easy to abuse DKP systems, like bidding on something you don't really want just to force someone else to pay more DKP for it, among other things.
    WOW that's hella dickish... Glad i've never been in a raid that toxic...

Quote Originally Posted by TaraKaos View Post
    WOW that's hella dickish... Glad i've never been in a raid that toxic...
    "wahh TOXIC TOXIC"

Your opinion has been noted.

loot council with ran by adults is best for most guilds, obviously there will be preferential treatment which i think there should be, if you've proven that you're solid and won't be swapping guilds or quitting then you should get most of your gear before the new guy who memes a lot.

classic drops very small amounts of gear, it's important to make sure the pieces that drop stay with your guild. also, from a guild strength PoV it is very beneficial to poach well geared raiders from other guilds because you essentially let some other guild farm a raid for you a few times. can't wait for some drama this summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal loot.

Failing that, Need Before Greed with enforced spec and armor rules.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a long time since I was in a guild that had a loot distribution system as I've generally been in casual guilds since WotLK. The last system I remember we had dkp but each class group decided the loot order so you still have to compete against other classes but kept things pretty civil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Until you bid higher and no one bites and you either lose DKP or your raid slot because your guild now knows you're a cockbag.

My guild used silent bid DKP, you get one bid that you whispered to the leader and that's it, pretty hard to abuse that system. It was pretty easy to keep track of who had what and who had how much DKP as well so you knew how much to bid without wasting points.