Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been through a lot of different loot systems over the years of managing guilds.

One of the biggest problems I always found with predetermined, transparent council systems is that they only work if you have a whole guild dedicated to raiding and progress for the fun of raiding/winning. It's great for competitive guilds full of competitive people... but as soon as you try to implement such a system in a less competitive environment, you start to run into people a lot more motivated by loot and rewards.

The system starts to have problems at this point. For example, you get people simply not turning up for raids ("My sister's dog's uncle needs me to babysit his guinea pigs and I have an exam tomorrow so I need to also study all night") or being "late" when they know they won't be getting anything that week.

For such guilds, having some element of randomness (via rolling/bidding) or attendance reward (via DKP/EP/other points) to encourage joining each raid helps a lot.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And that's why blizzard removed it. Because mythic raiders never abused it and there were never problems with distribution. Oh wait. There were massive problems. There was a minority that had tantrums when personal loot was finally forced on mythic raiders but there were more that applauded the move.

Loot council invites corruption by its very nature. The level you raid does not determine the level of corruption.

I will be (if I even bother) will just go with rolls.
    Ive yet to see actual proof of these "massive problems", if you or anyone else could link me with threads or videos about it that would be nice.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

My favorite system is the regular DKP system. Points for attendance per boss, consumables that are needed farmed, ect. Thing is I was a Druid so this system really works great for any class that raids don't bring very many of. Most of the time I was competeing against 1 or 2 other people. Sometimes it was just me lol. So really I knew I wasn't competing against anyone for gear so I wouldn't roll on it to keep my DKP and let it go to free roll. Then just get it by default cause no one else wanted it lol. Then I used my DKP to gear up my offspec BOOMKIN for BG's. Sometimes it pays to be a class that no one plays. Just gotta be good enough for them to bring you past BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    loot council is best for server first guilds, some form of dkp/epgp is best for regular guilds

the problem is when bad guilds think they're good enough to succeed with loot council
    You don't have to be "server first" to care about progression and improvement of your raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    U get these shitty loot council when u do loot council in a normal/hc "raiding" guild

Actual mythic guilds got proper lootcouncil, but im guessing u have zero experience with that
    Even in mythic guilds it happened more than enough.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Even in mythic guilds it happened more than enough.
    Ive still not seen a single shred of proof, forum posts, images of whispers or closed of forums with this.

Until we see it, ill assume its just going on in cesspool guilds and not proper mythic guilds, and a guild that killed 1-2 Mythic bosses in a raid then the next tier is out is NOT a proper mythic guild.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by noragrets View Post
    I'd appreciate your guys' opinions on the matter of what you think would be the most fitting loot distribution rule set (DKP, Loot Council, EPGP, Suicide Kings, ...) for your raid guild situation come the release of Blizzards Classic servers.

How will you distribute loot (in the case of a leadership position) or would you like to see loot being distributed (in the case of a raid member) amongst you and your fellow raid members?
    Note that i personally havent given much of a damn about gear ever. Loot is cool and all but it's not what im after in raids. If Loot was all i were playing for i'd play dungeon crawlers or some degenerate lootbox game.

So if i were a leader position. Normal Group Loot and just kick out anyone that is an arsehole and keep all other decent people.
    If i were a member i'd still prefer normal Group Loot, because i dont have to do anything other than to know what i should get and what not to get.

I guess it's not the loot systems fault but the thing i dislike the most about when loot is handles slow. Is when half your raid stands over the corpse and drools of the loot.
    Why are you standing over the boss when you have no say in who gets it? Get your fat ass moving, let's kill some Fucking bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    For most guilds DKP system where highest dkp holder wins item at fixed cost is best.
    DKP is the most double edged sword of them all. It only works when ALL your members have the same mindset of loot. If even one out of your 45-ish player roster intentionally tries to fuck someone else over, it falls apart instantly. The DKP system for each member is to easy to abuse it regurally just turns into most players having this mindset of "i know X guy wants it and he shares the same loot i want so ill make him spend alot of his points so i get more loot"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And that's why blizzard removed it. Because mythic raiders never abused it and there were never problems with distribution. Oh wait. There were massive problems. There was a minority that had tantrums when personal loot was finally forced on mythic raiders but there were more that applauded the move.

Loot council invites corruption by its very nature. The level you raid does not determine the level of corruption.
    All loot systems invites corruption if the players wants it to be corrupted. Loot council is a empty canvas and the council is who determens if the system is used bad or used well. The same is true for most other Loot Systems aswell.

The fault isn't in the system, the fault is on the user.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noragrets View Post
    Appreciate your input, haven't thought about being transparent that deeply. Your system makes sense, since loot drama could be kept outside of actual raiding hours, and I like the level of transparency.

On the downside, it sounds like a lot of work (if you have to incorporate 40+ people) and makes me wonder, if people stop showing up to certain raids, because they're not #1 on the list for their most beloved item (similar to what's being said about the Suicide Kings system).

Did you use a system like this already? What's your practical experience in that regard
    Been part of a guild on a Pserver used this method and it worked wonders, we recived little to no drama. How you'd set this up is simply. You tell your role officers to set up the loot for their role. So one of your officers who manages the Melee loot. Another officer manages the Tank loot, and so on.

I am good with continuing the true vanilla loot distribution system where every piece of loot is hunter loot . After I pick the items I like , I’ll pass the unwanted scraps on to the support classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    I am good with continuing the true vanilla loot distribution system where every piece of loot is hunter loot . After I pick the items I like , I’ll pass the unwanted scraps on to the support classes.
    I look forward to this so much.

all those poor naive people who belive that guilds will use any other system but loot councils to gear up officers first

you are in for a huuuuge dissapointment

Loot in Vanilla was everything. Even more than today.

We used DKP all the time and it worked fairly well. Not perfect of course but we were “friends” enough to set up loots per classes before runs so that we hadn’t to spend tons of points to outbid each others.

Don’t believe that much about loot council for “standard” guilds, could lead to drama quite fast. Also (again speaking about standard guilds) assigning loot basing on performance only is quite unfair imho: either I’m out of the raid or if I’m in and the boss goes down is also thanks to me, regardless my performance, so I don’t think it’s fair to exclude me by default from looting.

I mean for nostalgia would be cool to see DKP systems again just because it would be.. but it won't be.. almost everyone will do LC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You don't have to be "server first" to care about progression and improvement of your raid group.
    point is if you're not a guild that can actually clear content without the gear (week 1&2), chances are you're not good enough to loot council properly

Dedicated raid team of 45-55 people.

People understand we are here to have fun, but the guild does need certain folks geared out by aq.

That said, dkp or loot council is best. Most loot councils in established guilds are pretty much quick checks to make sure its an actual upgrade or that one person doesn’t REALLY need the upgrade, then those eligible just roll off, and at least in my experience often people just look at the gear of those they’re to roll against and just default the item to them as the head see it as bigger advantage for the other guy. But that sort of loot council attitude requires that people are “over” playing for purps and are there for guildies and just enjoying the process/content.

I prefer a dkp system. With bid single blind bid pricing, collusion allowed, and per tier resets.

With my progression oriented 55 man roster, we are lean and mean, if you horde dkp to get the first ashkandi and your dps blows since you skipped out on all other bwl upgrades, I’ll probably bench you for the warrior chomping at the bit to not be sitting outside the instance. I’m a fan of letting people have agency over their loot, comparing dkp, what he has you have, talking to them working out an agreement considering okay “well I know i wont get nef wep first, so why save for the bid war? I’ll just go hard on Drake Talon Cleaver, the Chromagus boots and drake talon paulsrons. I’ll grab the 3rd-4th ashkandi for 1/3rd the price.

Or my priest who desperately wanted t2 3 piece, a piece drops and it’s someone else’s 8/8. They’d want it, I want it, wed bid out against eachother but we worked it out and I was able to snag a different piece of loot his dkp would have let him get before me later on.

Ideally loot council but im skeptical of how effective it will be during the entry period with MC.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Vanilla Naxx would like to speak with you.

And those raids? Didn't have a built in Raid Journal telling you EVERYTHING that was going to happen and how your class should deal with it.
    In Vanilla there was much preparation involved before you could even attempt to enter the raid.. from gearing by farming dungeons and other raids, to attunements, to gathering a plethora of raid consumables including weapon stones/oils...

Now you can just go spam the world quests and world bosses, maybe run through an easier version of the raid to pick up some easy items, then just walk right into Mythic. You have what... a couple pots and a flask you need? LOL

Vanilla required investment to raid... current WoW? Any dolt can go raiding, follow a "manual" on what to do and when, and kill bosses.
    Vanilla also had videos of other guilds clearing the raids and explaining how they work, it just wasn't in-game. Also, prepared Mythic raiders will have potions, flasks, feasts, their most optimal enchants and gems, as well as any other temporary buff items they need. It's not as easy as you make it sound, and that's not including keeping track of all the different mechanics and things on the screen going on at once.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Vanilla also had videos of other guilds clearing the raids and explaining how they work, it just wasn't in-game. Also, prepared Mythic raiders will have potions, flasks, feasts, their most optimal enchants and gems, as well as any other temporary buff items they need. It's not as easy as you make it sound, and that's not including keeping track of all the different mechanics and things on the screen going on at once.
    Vanilla naxx will still be rather challenging even in comparison to current day mythic raiding. A good portion of mechanics from the raid got removed in its wrath release and what remained was heavily nerfed. I imagine it will have a few guilds that stump it quickly but to the average player it will be extremely difficult even with full buffs/flasks.

Loot council

OPT in DKP, if you want you put your DKP against others wanting it and the biggest DKP wins it at a preset-per-item cost.
    trusting people isn't in my nature anymore.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Vanilla naxx will still be rather challenging even in comparison to current day mythic raiding. A good portion of mechanics from the raid got removed in its wrath release and what remained was heavily nerfed. I imagine it will have a few guilds that stump it quickly but to the average player it will be extremely difficult even with full buffs/flasks.
    Some buffs apparently didn't get used often in Vanilla, I think they were called Global Buffs? Private servers often make good use of them, and itemization is better understood these days. You can get true BiS before going into Naxx to make things much easier, but it'll definitely be difficult regardless.