Harbinger's Inscrutable Will

Is there any way to still use this trinket and reliably not be silenced??? Between this and sliver they are making trinkets suck this xpac....

Shimmer is the best way to ensure you're not silenced. Other casters unfortunately do not have this awesome tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    Shimmer is the best way to ensure you're not silenced. Other casters unfortunately do not have this awesome tool.
    Granted I play a lock in this case, but I don't find just sidestepping the spears that bad, although sometimes their hitbox is a bit wonky. I've also found sometimes you just outrange them, or if you're on a higher level they'll either clip through the ground or fizzle out leaving you safe. I'll have to test that more in m+ dungeons though to be sure it's not just random dumb luck.

Could just use any form of teleport if it's really a problem.

This trinket is way overhyped.

The change to make it always fire a spear at you makes it pretty garbage. You lose a lot of dps moving.

Shimmer isn't an option often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    sometimes their hitbox is a bit wonky
    You spelled "their hitbox are a complete mess" wrong.
    Sometimes I'm far from the orb and still get silenced, sometimes I eat it and nothing happens.

The trinket is unusable at close range, and is basically designed to hamper you, something no other Uu'nat trinket has.

Roll call :

Tank trinket : leech life from enemies around you. No drawback
    Heal trinket : create a shield. No drawback
    Melee DPS trinket : Increase mastery. Drawback : inflicts some damage
    Caster DPS trinket : Launch a missile that draws damage. Drawback : launches back 3 heat-seeking missiles at you, that travel at Mach 2 and silence you for 1.5 second if you get hit.

Am I high or is there just a teeny tiny bit of injustice here ? If at least the missile did splash damage it could be OK, but no it's single target.

So I agree :

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    This trinket is way overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    You spelled "their hitbox are a complete mess" wrong.
    Sometimes I'm far from the orb and still get silenced, sometimes I eat it and nothing happens.

The trinket is unusable at close range, and is basically designed to hamper you, something no other Uu'nat trinket has.

Roll call :

Tank trinket : leech life from enemies around you. No drawback
    Heal trinket : create a shield. No drawback
    Melee DPS trinket : Increase mastery. Drawback : inflicts some damage
    Caster DPS trinket : Launch a missile that draws damage. Drawback : launches back 3 heat-seeking missiles at you, that travel at Mach 2 and silence you for 1.5 second if you get hit.

Am I high or is there just a teeny tiny bit of injustice here ? If at least the missile did splash damage it could be OK, but no it's single target.

So I agree :
    Er what.

They all have drawbacks.

The tank trinket (which is also on the DPS loot table btw), can harm your allies rather than enemies.
    The healing trinket creates a shield that absorbs damage AND HEALING. Imagine throwing it on a tank in a panic as someone pops revival or tranq, you just caused that to be negated.
    The melee trinket as you pointed out hurts you the longer you use it.

The caster one actually hits hard enough though, I've seen it crit even for 55k. And in all fairness, being silenced for 1.5 seconds isn't nearly as bad as possibly negating a life saving heal on a tank or having to hurt yourself and strain healers to use your trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Er what.

They all have drawbacks.

The tank trinket (which is also on the DPS loot table btw), can harm your allies rather than enemies.
    The healing trinket creates a shield that absorbs damage AND HEALING. Imagine throwing it on a tank in a panic as someone pops revival or tranq, you just caused that to be negated.
    The melee trinket as you pointed out hurts you the longer you use it.

The caster one actually hits hard enough though, I've seen it crit even for 55k. And in all fairness, being silenced for 1.5 seconds isn't nearly as bad as possibly negating a life saving heal on a tank or having to hurt yourself and strain healers to use your trinket.
    Indeed, thank you for correcting me, didn't notice this.

Still, all the other trinkets are just "be careful when you use it". It's not a "fire and forget" like a regular trinket but still, only minimal preparation & some attention required.

Our trinket on the other hand, requires you to be constantly on the lookout for the proc on top of whatever is happening.
    And while the consequences for the raid of you being silenced for 1.5s are not serious, your DPS loss however is. Having to interrupt a Glacial Spike cast 3 times to dodge missiles is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Indeed, thank you for correcting me, didn't notice this.

Still, all the other trinkets are just "be careful when you use it". It's not a "fire and forget" like a regular trinket but still, only minimal preparation & some attention required.

Our trinket on the other hand, requires you to be constantly on the lookout for the proc on top of whatever is happening.
    And while the consequences for the raid of you being silenced for 1.5s are not serious, your DPS loss however is. Having to interrupt a Glacial Spike cast 3 times to dodge missiles is not fun.
    That is fair enough, and I would say a major issue is how wonky it is.

Sometimes there's 3 missiles, sometimes there's 4.
    Sometimes one will hit you dead on and nothing will happen, other times as you said, the hitbox is just off completely.

Granted, this is the part where like I said at the start I'm using it on a lock so my dots are already rolling anyway and it's not the end of the world that I got silenced.

But it should be more predictable to dodge

I play lock and got 425 HIW. The damage from it looks pretty high but sometimes its just immposible for me to avoid silence. If Im far away its ok because have WA to warn me when it procced but when you have to stack for some mechanics you just eat it up.
    Also if theres few procs at once from adds you can also forget about dodging.

So I have mixed feelings, it has alot of int, high damage proc but Im not sure if those silence moments are worth it. Have to test it more. My alternative is ilvl 400 Incadescent Silver but Im not a fun of this trink also (there always is someone who wanna mess your stacks and on some fights like opulecne or blockade we have to stack alot).

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I play lock and got 425 HIW. The damage from it looks pretty high but sometimes its just immposible for me to avoid silence. If Im far away its ok because have WA to warn me when it procced but when you have to stack for some mechanics you just eat it up.
    Also if theres few procs at once from adds you can also forget about dodging.

So I have mixed feelings, it has alot of int, high damage proc but Im not sure if those silence moments are worth it. Have to test it more. My alternative is ilvl 400 Incadescent Silver but Im not a fun of this trink also (there always is someone who wanna mess your stacks and on some fights like opulecne or blockade we have to stack alot).
    My view is I'd far rather be punished from my own screw ups even if the trinket can be a bit overkill than deal with another moth hunter deciding "oooo glowy feet are pretty"

Fun trinket for arcane when aoeing :P

Been trying to used to this trinket for a while but am about ready to give up on. Even on target dummy, it can really mess up your rotation if it procs in quick succession, but the biggest annoyance can be its timing.

Moving is one thing, but having to cancel a cast such as Glacial Spike is extremely frustrating, especially on encounters which already require a fair amount of movement.

To echo what Araitik said above, I’ve had some really bad streaks where between the encounter and the spear I just can’t get a non instant cast off.

Won’t shard it just yet, but It’s going in the bag for now.

dumb trinket design, whoever green lighted this at Blizz is an idiot

Or just doesnt like ranged casters...