Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.2 PTR - Gnome Heritage Armor Quest Chain

Patch 8.2 PTR - Gnome Heritage Armor Quest Chain
    The Gnome Heritage Armor quest chain is now available for testing on the PTR. It requires you to have a level 120 gnome that is exalted with Gnomeregan to start the chain.

• The quest "Shifting Gears" can be picked up from Ace Pilot Stormcog by the Stormwind Embassy. He says that the Alliance has made a new request for Gnomeregan's might in the war and asks you to meet Captain Sparknozzle in New Tinkertown, the starting area for the gnomes.
    • There you find out that the Alliance is willing to fund a new aerial task force, the Gnomish Elite Aerial Rangers (G.E.A.R), and you are to be the lead of the test team. You then introduce yourself to your team, Fizzie Tinkerbow, Cog Captain Winklespring, and Emaedi Autoblast.
    • You are then tasked with retrieving the Prototype Arcane Engine within Gnomeregan's Engineering Labs. What follows is a trek through the halls of Gnomeregan, avoiding broken robot explosions and faulty gas pipes. You also are attacked by giant spiders and leper rats along the way.
    • When you make it to the prototype engine, you find that it is being guarded by a mechanical dog named Lass-E x12. After destroying the dog and claiming the engine, a security alarm goes off and you escape back outside via a teleporter nearby.
    • When you give the engine to Captain Sparknozzle, he states that he sent the team to investigate a distress call from Fizzlecrank Airstrip in Borean Tundra. There you find out that troggs have attacked and must take care of them with a prototype bomber gun attached to your back. The gun will either fire a missile or an exploding mechanical chicken when you use the extra action button.
    • After killing 10 troggs, you find out that an intelligent trogg named Krugg the Smart stole a Defendo-bot and you are tasked with using the bomber gun on him as well, finding a broken communication device on his corpse.
    • You present the device to Fizzi and help her get her machine working by flicking a lever. The device shows a hologram of Telzo Sparkspanner, an assistant to the deceased Thermaplugg. He is behind the trogg attacks! The signal is coming from Storm Peaks, so you and your team take to the skies in your airships to track him down, finding out that Telzo wants revenge on all followers of Mekkatorque for the events of Gnomeregan.
    • When you arrive at the Storm Peaks, the tracker goes haywire and you are forced to land, using a cloaking device to stay hidden from the Ironbound troggs that are invading the area. You then take control of a spider tank with a rail gun and flamethrower to dispatch some troggs while the tracker is fixed. You eject from the tank and use a helicopter jet pack to reach your airships, and find out that Telzo is inside the Halls of Stone. You then command an airship to shoot the armies of troggs below before being struck and sent crash landing into the Halls of Stone.
    • Your crew and you then take on Telzo, who is inside his mech the Smasher x900, which launches electric goop at you, send balls of electricity flying in your direction, and puts up a shield that blocks all frontal attacks. When it is defeated, Telzo ejects saying that the titan defenses are under his control, but he is killed during his speech.
    • You then return to New Tinkertown and receive the Heritage of Gnomeregan along with the G.E.A.R. Tracking Beacon, which functions the same as the Flight Master's Whistle but summons your G.E.A.R airship instead.

Last edited by Stoy; 2019-04-25 at 02:03 AM.

Give me a tinker class and I'll make a Gnome!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is this by far the weakest looking of all the heritage sets so far? I would expected something much more innovative and amazing looking for the gnomes and all the tech they have and instead it just looks like highly generic gnome guard armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda disappointed it has nothing to do with Mekkatorque.

Compared to the heritage armor preview banner, the goggles look a little odd. They're kind of awkwardly placed on the gnome's head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mog is okay. The real reward is the upgraded whistle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wished for it to be something connected to reclaiming Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Compared to the heritage armor preview banner, the goggles look a little odd. They're kind of awkwardly placed on the gnome's head.
    Yes, they actually are on top of your eyes, making you look sad by default. I was hoping this was an issue with the model viewer online, but no.. it definitely looks terrible. The entire armor color palette is terrible too.

Welp, guess I have to make a gnome now

Looks pretty decent honestly. not ehmehgerd amazing, but not awful like the 8.2 azerite armor. Very fitting for a gnome. I'd give an 8/10 for the armor, with maybe the biggest improvement locations being helmet options instead of goggles and some more engineerish looking shoulders.

can't they upgrade the current flight whistle to work the same in gnomeregan? all i see is an extra bagslot taken, just like i have 3 hearthstones ill have 2 flightwhistles now

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Is it just me or is this by far the weakest looking of all the heritage sets so far? I would expected something much more innovative and amazing looking for the gnomes and all the tech they have and instead it just looks like highly generic gnome guard armor.
    It's mega weak. Which is too bad, it could have been amazing...edit: Gnomeregan tabard really adds to the look, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the armor but currently I don't have a Gnome....but if they ever make Tinker a class I'd definitely roll one and wear this armor.

they realised nobody bothers with taurens heritage so they added 2nd whistle to gnomes to ensure people do it

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    The entire armor color palette is terrible too.
    I can't explain why, but I also have this general feeling, although I can understand that purple has for some time been official color of “Gnomeregan Elite” (what, suddenly, strangely makes them related to Forsaken). On the other hand, I still consider it as lost opportunity to combine a protective face scarf/bandana together with these glasses (since in resulting version, it happened just something like useless, visual, not even lowered down, very ordinary accessory, what is there looks too expressionless; which also will give another opportunity to hide "difference" in geometry and idiotic facial animations of new models *wicked laugh*), especially considering that this style for WoW mostly speaks less about “mechanic” experience, but about “driving” abilities/nature gift. As for armor itself, it's also very unoriginal and very similar to mail/plate elements of PvP/PvE sets from previous expansions (I could even find which of them specifically, but I think this is unnecessary, since you see it yourself) ...but maybe they decided to save more ornate concepts for something "to come"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I disagree. Legion was about classes
    Where did you get that? I believe you were looking for word "specs" with supplementing it by word "pruning", then everything will come to sense
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-25 at 07:49 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda01 View Post
    can't they upgrade the current flight whistle to work the same in gnomeregan? all i see is an extra bagslot taken, just like i have 3 hearthstones ill have 2 flightwhistles now
    1. Garrison hs 2. Dalaran hs and what else? you can use any toy instead of regular hearthstone, set inn as your hs, throw away conjured item, use a toy (innkeeper daughter, diablo portal, winterveil gift, ethereal portal, etc - just type hearthstone in toy pane) + you can throw away regular flightwhistle when gnomeregan one is acquired, if you like nearest flight master mount appearance you can always ask in dalaran for another flightwhistle

I don't really get it. Why heritage armor even exists? The whole point of transmog is to make yourself look unique, not like all the other <your_race_here>s. It's another bit of non-content like Allied Races. It's not bad, if it's a very minor thing added in a huge content patch, but WoW has many core problems now and I can imagine it's discouraging seeing that the manpower/worhours are being spent on... this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I don't really get it. Why heritage armor even exists? The whole point of transmog is to make yourself look unique, not like all the other <your_race_here>s. It's another bit of non-content like Allied Races. It's not bad, if it's a very minor thing added in a huge content patch, but WoW has many core problems now and I can imagine it's discouraging seeing that the manpower/worhours are being spent on... this.
    I disagree. Legion was about classes, this expansion is about races.
    Also I freaking love to make a theme for the race I play. I had carneval enough when playing classic (did you ever dress up in green, ugly leather for princess huhuran? If not you have no idea xD)
    Other than that: no one is taking away being dressed as some unique hero.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I disagree. Legion was about classes, this expansion is about races.
    The problem is when classes are meaningful and important, but races are pretty much cosmetic (if you disregard the minor effects racial abilities give).
    Oh and BTW remove racials. The "race fantasy" bullshit lost any meaning when you introduced gnome hunters and nelfs mages. You're shooting yourself in the foot, when you're making content for a race people can't switch to, because their retarded racial gives them 1% more dps and they're in a endgame raiding guild.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2019-04-25 at 07:42 AM.