Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They lied about more sets with more effort

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

But yeah I agree. Majority of those sets are a goddamn joke and look like levelling pieces or dungeon sets. Not raid ones. Absolute lazy and shameful design.

I mean it's just a long list of them being misleading this expansion and it's not helping their cause at all at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope you guys like fins.

Man, i really miss Challenge mode Tmogs set, Those were real good uniques. Look like blizzard redye and reskin and remodel tmog beyond laziness LEVEL.

Yikes. They all take the exact same literal fish reference. We get it. It's underwater. Fish live underwater. Who wants to look like a giant fish? Creativity is 0/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol omg these sets are disgusting, maybe i'd take the mythic cloth set but thats even pushing it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    Yikes. They all take the exact same literal fish reference. We get it. It's underwater. Fish live underwater. Who wants to look like a giant fish? Creativity is 0/10.
    do u like fishsticks?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is your god-like art team now? Lmao.

When did they promise "more sets"? I remember them saying that because they are raid specific instead of class they would have greater detail, but I never remember them saying more where coming.

They always have to make the normal/hc versions look like shit so the mythic versions can shine in all its glory.

But now even the mythic versions look like crap except the leather one.

The Hunter Antorus set is way more appropriate for this content.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    that was before they got azerite crap feedback , i guess they spent most of their time trying to come up with a substitution for it

Mythic plate is kinda cool as always and I like the mail one it just seems more appropriate to be a cloth set
    Last edited by valax; 2019-04-21 at 01:24 AM.

My thoughts are that the OP is 100.0000% correct.

Don't you guys have snorkels?

Whenever you hear a company driven by investor profit tell you "you will get more" or "it will get better" or even when they are bold enough to say both realize quickly that it means "we will be spending less, investors will get more, it will be better for them". Just get used to it. I encourage you to watch BlizzCon this year and whenever they tell you "how good it is going to be" just tack on it "for the investor" and you will know what is actually going on.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord those are generic.

maybe too much effort spent on the heritage sets? Those looked slightly memorable.

BfA sets are hit and miss for me.

Uldir - Most are crap.
    PvP S1 / Warfront - Mail / Plate are good (at least Horde).

BoD - Plate / Leather look cool.
    PvP S2 / Warfront - If you're into skulls and shit, you probably love the Horde Transmog ones, also pretty detailed.

Azshara - Just crap, Mythic cloth looks fine however

I can't deny that some sets really are detailed, some BoD and PvP really have skins that we haven't seen before (Like that mail "kilt" for Mail Pants on the Horde S2 one).
    But on the other hand, Blizzard throws random crap like the Uldir and these ones at us.
    PvP also seems to just get reskinned PvE sets, which is a serious downgrade from unique sets like in BfA S1 / S2.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as it pains me to be seen agreeing with the naysayers around here.. these sets are pretty damn uninspired. Bah!

Still, atleast they're pretty consistent in making every mail set extra atrocious so thats something
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But yeah I agree. Majority of those sets are a goddamn joke and look like levelling pieces or dungeon sets. Not raid ones. Absolute lazy and shameful design.

I mean it's just a long list of them being misleading this expansion and it's not helping their cause at all at Blizzard.
    LOL WHAT? They're not amazing looking, but none of them look like leveling or dungeon gear, not even the lfr set. Name one leveling set as detailed as any of these sets, you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

2 heritage sets? nah, They look just as generic. BFA ****ing sucks when it comes to transmog. The only good thing to come from this is that I don't have to farm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    was gonna say something but this pretty much sums it up,naive also comes to mind regarding the wow devs.

IMHO, they're putting too much effort on the Mythic sets, which I just don't get. They acknowledge most players will never even enter a Mythic raid let along clear it... that's why we have multiple difficulties. Everyone can enjoy the raid, while keeping a challenge for the top 5% or so.

Yet all the sets for the past several Tiers have been pretty average except for the Mythic ones. I get it, Mythic needs some prestige, but lets not ignore the content most players are actually playing.