Dual Druid levelling

Hi, I'm planning to play classic with my wife, the goal is to slowly reach 60 at our own pace while enjoing the game. No endgame plans, probably no dungeons (tight schedules, can only play 1h per day max).

We both love druids so we are going for a double druid team.

With that in mind, what is viable ?

-Double feral ? Seems like the first choice
    - 1 Feral 1 Balance ? Seems intersting since the feral can deal with the melee and the balance can heal, root and cast damaging spells without being hit.

I'd love to hear some advice on this.

Feral and balance should work fine, like you said, feral can take the hits and balance can keep you up and dish out some dmg while doing so.

As long as you don't overdo it on the pulls it should work wonders.

I think it will be an Okay set-up , dont think its the best thou as if somehow you decide to play end game at the end it wont be easy as 2 druids .
    Only reason i am saying it is because i see that you do want to play and wish you had more time to play , if you'll get the time you'll struggle.

There are a lot of Duo Combos that will be so much better.

If you decide to go for 2 druids id start with one feral and one that goes a bit into resto to get the swarm, improved buff and a bit more stuff that will be useful later on and then start adding points into balance.

***Balance druid has alot and i mean ALOT of downtime they are really not efficient on their mana.

Double feral should be the most effective. There will be little to no downtime after level 22 ish (when you lern shred).
    Since you can both heal and in most cases only one of you will take damage the mana regen during catform damage should be more then enough for the one of you to top you both up and doing this back and forth should keep one of you at almost full mana all the time.
    Bonus is the alligned movement speed and one of you will always be able to use Shred (backstab). In some cases aggro will bounce back and forth between Shreds.
    Group quests with bearform and shred + offheal should be smooth aswell.
    Downside with balance is mana issues and no increased movementspeed untill level 30. Solo feral has close to no downtime after level 30-40 ish and the cleave is bad so no reason to pull multiple mobs making the healing from a balance druid not much of an improvment. So you'd need the extra damage to be effective but having the to wait for mana drinks while the feral speeds of with the increased movement speed would in my opinion feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Obz View Post
    Double feral should be the most effective. There will be little to no downtime after level 22 ish (when you lern shred).
    Since you can both heal and in most cases only one of you will take damage the mana regen during catform damage should be more then enough for the one of you to top you both up and doing this back and forth should keep one of you at almost full mana all the time.
    Bonus is the alligned movement speed and one of you will always be able to use Shred (backstab). In some cases aggro will bounce back and forth between Shreds.
    Group quests with bearform and shred + offheal should be smooth aswell.
    Downside with balance is mana issues and no increased movementspeed untill level 30. Solo feral has close to no downtime after level 30-40 ish and the cleave is bad so no reason to pull multiple mobs making the healing from a balance druid not much of an improvment. So you'd need the extra damage to be effective but having the to wait for mana drinks while the feral speeds of with the increased movement speed would in my opinion feel bad.
    Yeah it should be the most effective indeed. However our goal is not to be THAT effective, and I wonder if we will benefit more of extra survavibility with feral+balance (With improved heals and roots) at the cost of a bit of effectivity.

It would be the first time play for my wife so I expect a lot of bad pulls and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    Yeah it should be the most effective indeed. However our goal is not to be THAT effective, and I wonder if we will benefit more of extra survavibility with feral+balance (With improved heals and roots) at the cost of a bit of effectivity.

It would be the first time play for my wife so I expect a lot of bad pulls and stuff.
    Haha first time and its Vanila hmmmm not a melee that's for sure keep her on a range.
    Jokes aside double feral overlap buffs and debuffs.
    another big + in feral and balance/resto is the ease to run a dungeon and its the fun part of the leveling at least for me to go get all those quests and dive into a nice dungeon.

Ofcourse you are free to do whatever you want with the game, but in my opinion if you want extra survivability you can both go balance tree up to 5/5 natural weapons and 1/1 omen of clarity and then go feral. You will lose imp cat form and 30% move speed early on but you get travel form anyway at lvl 30 so its not that big of a deal if you are not speedleveling and you will get 100% oh shit button in form of natures grasp though, and early feral talents basically wont impact your gameplay at early levels, whereas natural weapons will increase your damage across the board.
    Last edited by clavius; 2019-04-25 at 10:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I'm planning to play classic with my wife, the goal is to slowly reach 60 at our own pace while enjoing the game. No endgame plans, probably no dungeons (tight schedules, can only play 1h per day max).

- 1 Feral 1 Balance ? Seems intersting since the feral can deal with the melee and the balance can heal, root and cast damaging spells without being hit.

Both will work, but I would take the Feral + Balance approach for some variety. As you've already wrote it gives you more utility, especially in PvP if you guys are playing on a PvP server.

That sounds pretty fun. One advantage of going melee/caster is that you would compete less with each other for gear. I have to imagine, though, that double feral would be fastest, and a cool leveling experience. Overall, I'd say embrace the versatility that having twin shapeshifters offers while leveling, and then go from there. That sounds like a great setup for exploring what the class can do.

Well since you're gonna have pritty limited play time I'd still concider double feral. As balance you're gonna spend ALOT of time drinking.

During early levels the talents will not be that beneficial for survivability.

As it's your wifes first time playing I'd say go double feral untill level 40, then she could go balance (both of you will now have innervate to lessen downtime). This way she will also get to try playing as melee and caster. Might be a good way for her to figure out what's more fun.

I played double feral with my wife and it was really fun. The beauty of Classic is that you can always be specced feral, but throw on some healing gear when you'd like to run a dungeon or something. You'll be plenty good to go.

Running around as two cats is super fun. Two paws up.

Balance is just awful while leveling. You have to sit and drink all the time. Much better to just go feral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double feral would be better. One could heal up both too while in feral. Balance and feral would be good to because of loot split for different builds :P But balance need mana drink so that could just slow your progres. Myabe not so often when dps i doubled by two persons.

Feral / balance if you are taking it slowly (1 hour per day as you mentioned)
    Feral / feral if you are pushing speed lvling

Double feral should be pretty gross as you can almost entirely avoid any unwanted WPvP if you keep your wits about you, and even if engaged you're well set up to stand your ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

depending on how dungeons are tuned, a 2-druid group might be able to actually clear parts of dungeons when only a couple of levels above mob level. I realize time is a constraint too, but some bosses might be attainable in an hour (thinking specifically of cobrahn in wc, leather pants). The interesting part of the 2-druid setup is you can both shift roles and forms on the fly.

if I were doing this I would look over actual loot tables when they are definitively known and see what might be doable with short time-spans.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-04-28 at 12:18 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Should be good. Dont worry about any specs, just go feral. You can respec if you decide to go dungeons/raid after.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B