View Poll Results: Do you support challenging solo-content?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: I believe it should be developed, permanent content.

118 54.38%
  • Yes: However, bits and pieces here and there are fine.

79 36.41%
  • No: Sorry, it's just not something we should do at all.

20 9.22%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

I would say yes but in moderation... Mage tower is kind of the biggest concentrated effort I would want to see for it.

Yes! Definitely! It shouldn't be the main point of the game, but its a nice addition. I really, REALLY liked that solo run with Nightfallen every week - was one of my favorite activities. I'm really sad Blizz didn't add that another difficult high level zone like Suramar in BfA and that awesome faction like Nightfallen with its quests and that dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Here is my opinion, for what it is worth.

I would love to see more solo content, absolutely. However, for me, the most successful and enjoyable solo content has cosmetic rewards. Ill try to explain why. If this solo content rewarded gear, it would quickly become a serious progression path. I do NOT want players bypassing group content to obtain gear through solo play. I DO want players to be rewarded for their efforts, solo or otherwise. .
    Indeed! that's why I mentioned Nightfallen but not Brawlers Guild or Mage Tower. Nightfallen dungeon gave you some sort of progression and nice rep rewards.

Sure, why not!

I'd also like more interesting stuff for smaller groups. Better 5-man content that just isn't Mythic+, and let normal raids scale down to 8 players. Better 3 man content, too, while we're at it. Also making questing more fun and engaging would be good too. More stuff that's fun and engaging with groups while questing would go a long way that isn't just stupid "REQUIRES A GROUP" quests or stupid ol' world bosses. (Personally, I think a game that wants to encourage community, if it indeed does, which I think it doesn't, shouldn't punish you for questing in a group -- it should reward you for doing so. That's why WoW has so many problems with community, IMHO, at it's core, it discourages at many levels from playing the main bulk of that content with people, and it breeds a level of selfishness, and Blizzard's only answer for why they do this is they don't want to make people "feel like they have to do it that way". They really need to abandon that attitude. You can reward people for things like that while also not making it oppressively bad for people who don't. They're just not willing to try.)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2019-04-27 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arinnaya View Post
    I thought the Suramar questline was absolutely excellent and a real enjoyment to play through. I'm disappointed that they didn't have phased vs non-phased versions to allow someone to go through the initial quests without having Tyrande/Liadrin etc there so you could replay it. Questing in Suramar city was fraught when there was no flying and you had to be careful not to lose your disguise and the story was a really good one.
    Honestly, once I thought that Legion would be the last addon to WoW. Just think - Legion defeat, Illidan, demon hunters, ability to weild Doomhammer\Ashbringes - all people dreamed about since 2007. Then such awesome additions like Suramar and Mage Tower.
    Last edited by ssviolett; 2019-04-29 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Mage Towers were great. That is all I’m going to say on this topic
    This a lot.

Hell yeah. I loved the brawlers' guild when it first came out in MoP and was difficult, my Warlock was my main at the time so the green fire questline was also really enjoyable and Mage Towers and the likes are tons of fun.

I'd love more of that, maybe even in the same vein as that MoP arena you could do in Bronze, Silver, Gold and Infinite difficulties. Just...Less boring and with more enemy types, or maybe even only Boss-based like the Mage Tower.

These things are great solo activities. Don't detract from developement of group content like Raids, M+, Arenas and RBGs but do give us more solo stuff to do. It's almost always fun to me atleast, and most people seemed to enjoy atleast the Brawlers' guild, the Warlock quest and the Mage Tower.

Well, I'd do it with bits here and there but I don't like achievement system, most of the time I want to do something there is some utterly boring barrier that I have to overcome in order to even have attempts on my achievement.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

The game has a good amount of solo stuff as is, I'm happy with it.

I am certainly not opposed to more solo content in general whether challenging or not, as I mostly play solo anyway, but these things tend to highlight class imbalances. Even something as simple as the proving grounds was far easier for some specs than others, nevermind something like the mage tower challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Ofc you are doing 100K dps, so you can kill stuff in 10 sec..

Also, a boss like Ahoo'ru was first a rank 7 boss, then move to special rank (i.e. AFTER rank 7), but is now Rank 3 or 4.. It's is still every bit as difficult as it always was, but come much much earlier this season..

STOP TROLLING...
    I dont deal 100k dps. I had around 390 ilvl in my dps spec and most bosses just fell over. There is no trolling to be seen here. Im just saying how I experienced brawlers guild this expansion.

Of course, things like Mage Tower were great. Didn't matter if everyone and their mother was able to beat the bosses by the end of the expansion, being able to get it early and having people message you for tips was a good feeling. They said they would like to bring it back, but only if it made sense, which seems like a bit of an excuse not to do it much considering you can just make up some noname bosses and create a short story about it.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I dont deal 100k dps. I had around 390 ilvl in my dps spec and most bosses just fell over. There is no trolling to be seen here. Im just saying how I experienced brawlers guild this expansion.
    If you dont do 100k, then you cannot kill 1M+ bosses in 10 sec.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Yeah sure. Why not?

Optional and more challenging content like mage towers would be welcome in my book. I feel there should always be an outlet to let players push themselves.

It's good to see that the vote to get more personal content is still utterly dominating, and it's interesting that a majority wants to see it developed as a proper content delivery.

Of course. The whole, "No solo content" mentality hurts the game more than anything else.

We already have a plethora of group content, so some challenging solo content could be nice for when I want to just kick back and and do something on my own time. Reward-wise, though, I'd say cosmetic only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Of course. The whole, "No solo content" mentality hurts the game more than anything else.

We already have a plethora of group content, so some challenging solo content could be nice for when I want to just kick back and and do something on my own time. Reward-wise, though, I'd say cosmetic only.
    I don't think anyone is "no solo content", I think they're more just "there's already enough" as far as they're concerned.

Which, while I disagree, I get; it's a fair enough stance given that solo content already exists, it's just very simple and guaranteed to see success within. My other comment about solo participation in group content is another aspect that people are generally cool with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    I don't think anyone is "no solo content"
    Plenty of people are. The rationale is "it's an MMO, you should always be playing with other people".

Plenty of people are. The rationale is "it's an MMO, you should always be playing with other people".
    Yeah, that's fair enough, but I've never seen a single argument that it should be applied to basic questing or levelling.

Even the one you provide is something I barely recall seeing, though I've no doubt it's been said.

Smile

Well, discussion here is clearly not about “balancing” this content (I mean, that it's not about that game design should “revolve” around this process), just about its availability. But! how it will turn out from initial MMORPG requirements' point of view (since it have explicit exclusive priority), absolutely shouldn't worry neither devs, nor "beggars in need".

Anyway, this is how I see the whole topic.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-29 at 08:15 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__