Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Xal'atath, the final boss of BFA.

We already hear her whispers.

She already tricked you.

N'Zoth had a (unknown) deal with her.

The blade itself has played a bigger role in lore than N'Zoth has.

She feeds on death and souls....like a certain Loa.

We already freed her.

Let's debate!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, they'd ruin an arch too soon if she were to be taken down this expansion especially if we are to get a full-on Void expansion. I'd much rather have expansions which weave in to each other than feel segmented too since it gives time to actually create a character worth fighting against rather than feel like a monster mash of forgettable villains.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Twice in this expansion already we have had a last boss still be "alive", Gorak Tul and Jaina. It is possible that she dies in the mortal body she is in now but comes back.

7+ Year Old Account
    If we are to fight Xal'athath, then she is more than likely a 2nd to last boss in a raid or something like that. She does not really have the final boss presence as N'zoth have xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

N'Zoth is a big deal though. We didn't fight Sargeras for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If we are to fight Xal'athath, then she is more than likely a 2nd to last boss in a raid or something like that. She does not really have the final boss presence as N'zoth have xD
    Doesn’t have it YET. They could easily build her up as a recurring antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    N'Zoth is a big deal though. We didn't fight Sargeras for a reason.
    Because Sargeras is a planet sized dude that we literally cannot fight. N'zoth is just an Old God and we've killed three of them, he's nothing too special.

Nah, Xal will be going through the cosmos to appear in K'aresh or wherever we go next. N'zoth is the final boss.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given some of the stuff mentioned in Azshara's encounter's Dungeon Journal entry:

Namely, the fact that we're fighting her next to the titan control console that's keeping N'zoth imprisoned, which appears to overload in the last phase of the fight...

I think it's safe to assume that there's at least a 90-95% chance of N'zoth being the last boss.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Doesn’t have it YET. They could easily build her up as a recurring antagonist.
    You could say that about pretty much anybody. With enough time and energy, Gamon could be turned into a recurring antagonist xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You could say that about pretty much anybody. With enough time and energy, Gamon could be turned into a recurring antagonist xD
    I’m down with that though. ������ I just mean we helped free her and the way she kinda just peaced makes me feel like she’ll turn around and bite us. Well, that or, go with the whole idea that not all everything is black and white that they seem to be edging towards after the naruu trying to control illidan and the au draenor lightbound and she ends up an ally with a future class attached

Xal'atath isn't the final boss this expansion, unless they're ready to ruin a decent setup for the future.

Most likely, she's going to go out in space and do her own schemes or something. She's most likely going to be the harbinger of the Void while N'zoth is just going to distract us. The Void Lords need someone who has a name, an identity, a personality and a relationship to us. That's why Gul'dan who is possibly weaker than many of the demons we fought, was the front guy because he fit those criteria's, more than Tichondrius or any other high ranked demon.

Fighting an expansion of all new enemies and ones that are just a bunch of cryptic speeches, made of flesh and tentacles, wouldn't really be fun. I'm hoping they do a lot with her, have her constantly try to lure people to the Void and possibly give us some more of these choices options the Horde is getting(but actually make them real choices, not fake ones we're getting now).

Or maybe(just thought of this) we've got to eventually see Elune right? Elune is probably going to play a role in the future void expansion and maybe they'll be rivals, one for the Light and one for the Void.

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't have her come back yet and rather them build her power up and develop her more into a character we're acquainted with for a while before they turn her into a loot pinata.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2019-04-25 at 10:00 PM.

Well i hope N'zoth is not the last boss this expansion, with everything pointing next expansion will be olds god themed, Would be pretty boring with one old god dead already.

Lets say Xal'atath is the last boss, we kill her, and with some plot N'zoth resurrects all the old gods. Well maybe resurrect is the wrong word with the old gods not being really dead, only defeated. But he brings them back and viola the next expansion is set.

Atleast i would like it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think she'll be the second to last boss in the N'zoth raid.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    We already hear her whispers.

She already tricked you.

N'Zoth had a (unknown) deal with her.

The blade itself has played a bigger role in lore than N'Zoth has.

She feeds on death and souls....like a certain Loa.

We already freed her.

Let's debate!
    1. We aren't her enemy (although we don't know what she's up to)
    2. The lore heavily implies that we're not gonna see her for a long time. She's off to another world.
    3. She doesn't seem to care much about Azeroth.

I bet N'Zoth is going to be the endboss. All the latest 8.2 info is definitely pointing towards that and it was always kinda clear since release that he's gonna be the endboss. Blizzard has never been very secretive either about this, like when was an endboss of an expansion totally unexpected? Never.

Also the sunken ruins of the Black Empire simply aren't expansion-material. This is gonna be a big zone at best.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-25 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Because Sargeras is a planet sized dude that we literally cannot fight. N'zoth is just an Old God and we've killed three of them, he's nothing too special.
    Old Gods are almost the size on continents, Yogg is said to be almost the size of Northrend. What we fought were mere physical manifestations of them, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    Old Gods are almost the size on continents, Yogg is said to be almost the size of Northrend. What we fought were mere physical manifestations of them, nothing more.
    What we see in game is not to scale.

I highly doubt the town of Goldshire is only an inn and a blacksmith in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    What we see in game is not to scale.

I highly doubt the town of Goldshire is only an inn and a blacksmith in lore.
    That doesn't mean we fought them at their true size at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Xal'atath isn't the final boss this expansion, unless they're ready to ruin a decent setup for the future.Most likely, she's going to go out in space and do her own schemes or something. She's most likely going to be the harbinger of the Void while N'zoth is just going to distract us. The Void Lords need someone who has a name, an identity, a personality and a relationship to us.
    It would be interesting if Blizzard actually created a plot where Xal'atath uses her relationship with PC to get them to switch sides, join the Void.
    It is similar to what Y'Shaarj whispers to PC;
    All that you have accomplished, all that you have won, yet still you lick the boots of kings.
    and if you think about it, the player characters are probably the greatest butchers Azeroth has ever seen, killing countless for some loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    It would be interesting if Blizzard actually created a plot where Xal'atath uses her relationship with PC to get them to switch sides, join the Void.
    It is similar to what Y'Shaarj whispers to PC;
    I'd like it, it would be cool if instead of Horde vs Alliance, we became Void vs Light. They'd have to do more to the light to make it not so perfect, like they've been doing with X'era and the radical Draenei in AU. they'd probably also have to wait until the final expansion to do this, or else it would be weird to go back to the factions like nothing happened in the next expansion.

The MMO format has a lot of limitations sadly, but I think they could still pull it off by showing her succeeding in luring other characters to the void, like Nat Pagle the Void Fisher!

and if you think about it, the player characters are probably the greatest butchers Azeroth has ever seen, killing countless for some loot.
    Yeah... at some point I kinda just defend my characters actions as I've killed 1000's, if not more and my morality no longer exists. Get quest, I no longer read description, kill whatever is red even if it's cubs or children, collect reward. I'd imagine some of the adventurers don't care anymore about good or bad, light or void.

Xal'atath just needs to realize how quests work and she'd easily get half the players to accept no matter what xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    This has been a misconception on these forums for a long time. There's nothing in canon saying that they are the size of continents, if they were, they'd be on top of each other. From official art, they're size of a mountain and their tentacles extend far and deep. Y'shaarj was the largest of them and the whole created formed the massive lake that became the Well of Eternity...

What we fought of them, were very much scaled down(they're easily 4-5 times bigger in official art, if not more) and even then is probably the tip of the iceberg(like literally 9% of them) but no way are they the size of a continent.