Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Really dude? You're defending and rationalizating these practices? You can't be serious.
    When the practices you spout are plain wrong, as also pointed out by someone after me in a response to your exact same post, then yes.
    I even agreed that Blizzcon last year was handled poorly with the mobile announcement, but still added that after the rage has died down most people in forums you read from even stated they wouldn’t have cared at all about a mobile game announcement if it had been tied in with a D4 announcement.
    So yes, I will defend a company whose games I still enjoy from people who spout off wrong information as if it is fact. If you bring up something worth merit I would probably agree with you; however, your point of tax evasion is false. Your issue with the layoffs, while it sucks people lose their jobs, is a fact of life for any major company that starts embracing the future of autonomous systems, as even demonstrated by companies like Walmart and even smaller grocery/department stores that use self checkouts, as well as many customer service phone services. Maybe come back with genuine information that has facts behind it and you will have a genuine complaint.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Really dude? You're defending and rationalizating these practices? You can't be serious.
    You're surprised people are?

    It's actually disgusting they have the gall to do this after Blizzcon 2018. Not only upping the price but charging for a 3rd ticket that barely offers anything.

    But of course despite the fact they "do this for the fans at a loss" gotta rake in that money after a record year and firing employees amirite?

    Honestly dude it's just Activision sticking their nose in and telling them to make more profit across the board at the cost of quality and reputation.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    When the practices you spout are plain wrong
    Yes, they are wrong. Legal loophole or not, the practice of a multi-million dollar corporation paying zero tax...paying less tax than a minimum wage worker in america...is WRONG.

    The practice of laying off the experienced, higher-paid employees that helped make you that record profit, then re-posting their same positions to hire in entry-level employees to do the same job for less money is WRONG. Don't believe me? Why don't you actually look into what they're doing instead of making up strawman reasons for the layoffs. Go check Bellular's video starting at 9:33.

    Acti-blizz has shown that they don't care about their customers' wants or desires beyond how to manipulate the most money out of them, and they've shown that they don't care about even their own employees. These are not the actions of a company that should be supported, and if you want to perform mental gymnastics to avoid having to face that because you "enjoy their games", then at least own that bullshit.

    Look, I get it. Im asking a lot here. Im asking you to consider the idea that a game you really enjoy supports a company that you've probably trusted for over a decade. I'm asking the near-impossible: To change your opinion.

    You can come up with all kinds of rationalizations and hand-waving to ignore how Blizzard is behaving. You can dodge damning reports of their shitty behavior like Neo on a cocktail of Ritalin and Jolt Cola. You can think of me as some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist spouting nonsense. I can't stop you. But at some point that bird is going to come home to roost and you're going to get burned. At some point the shit will pile up to where not even you can't ignore it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You're surprised people are?
    I'm always going to be surprised by this because I always assume people have enough sense and common decency to recognize when a corporation is taking a giant shit on them and trying to sell it as the next wonderful thing. And people wonder why I'm salty when I find out they don't have sense and they aren't decent.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-26 at 05:12 PM.
    Happiness is peace in motion.

  4. #204
    possible reasons for ticket price increas: new ticket sales vendor, more space at the con (registration is now off site so hall E can be used for the con) thus they have to rent a registration space, more security costs than last year? to try and decrease losses / make profit

    possible reasons for a 500 VIP ticket: letting those that have that level of disposable income do so to try keep GA as low as possible, just rip more money from fans with more money.

    i can't say all the reasons but it doesn't HAVE to be evil or malicious intent..... I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 500 dollar ticket is to help offset the GA ones though. As well as AXS charging more than unvierse (i'm going off the thought these ticketing services charge to be used)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Exactly my point. That's why i asked @SinR
    O.o its the least cast dump heavy game i've played... i've spent maybe 100 to 150 in 3 years? and stay top 100 and do fine. and that's with out researching mods and best farming strategies /shrug guess it depends on definition of competitive.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  5. #205
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,781
    Just think how many mobile game announcements you could be physically there for...
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  6. #206
    Bloodsail Admiral clinophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Köln
    Posts
    1,017
    I would rather pay 120 Euro for a great 4 day festival and see awesome bands than this... Their pricing is crazy for this kind of a convention. Does the Blizzcon do stuff like the Comic Con where you can buy just a 1 day pass?

  7. #207
    Whenever I think of Blizzard anymore all I can think is "Give us more money and shut up. We don't care what you think. We just want your money."

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, they are wrong. Legal loophole or not, the practice of a multi-million dollar corporation paying zero tax...paying less tax than a minimum wage worker in america...is WRONG.

    The practice of laying off the experienced, higher-paid employees that helped make you that record profit, then re-posting their same positions to hire in entry-level employees to do the same job for less money is WRONG. Don't believe me? Why don't you actually look into what they're doing instead of making up strawman reasons for the layoffs. Go check Bellular's video starting at 9:33.

    Acti-blizz has shown that they don't care about their customers' wants or desires beyond how to manipulate the most money out of them, and they've shown that they don't care about even their own employees. These are not the actions of a company that should be supported, and if you want to perform mental gymnastics to avoid having to face that because you "enjoy their games", then at least own that bullshit.

    Look, I get it. Im asking a lot here. Im asking you to consider the idea that a game you really enjoy supports a company that you've probably trusted for over a decade. I'm asking the near-impossible: To change your opinion.

    You can come up with all kinds of rationalizations and hand-waving to ignore how Blizzard is behaving. You can dodge damning reports of their shitty behavior like Neo on a cocktail of Ritalin and Jolt Cola. You can think of me as some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist spouting nonsense. I can't stop you. But at some point that bird is going to come home to roost and you're going to get burned. At some point the shit will pile up to where not even you can't ignore it.






    I'm always going to be surprised by this because I always assume people have enough sense and common decency to recognize when a corporation is taking a giant shit on them and trying to sell it as the next wonderful thing. And people wonder why I'm salty when I find out they don't have sense and they aren't decent.
    As I replied to you earlier. It's unfair for you to single out ActiBlizz for the tax loophole while ignoring all the other companies that do it. It's a systemic problem that requires a systemic solution. ActiBlizz is hardly alone to blame in using it.

    The practice of laying off the experienced, higher-paid employees that helped make you that record profit, then re-posting their same positions to hire in entry-level employees to do the same job for less money is WRONG. Don't believe me? Why don't you actually look into what they're doing instead of making up strawman reasons for the layoffs.
    Again, this isn't wrong either. There's no union for game development so they didn't do anything illegal. This actually does require the workers banding together to disallow this practice.

    My point is you can't just blame one company for bad behavior when the bad behavior persists across the entire sector.

  9. #209
    Herald of the Titans Molis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You're surprised people are?

    It's actually disgusting they have the gall to do this after Blizzcon 2018. Not only upping the price but charging for a 3rd ticket that barely offers anything.

    But of course despite the fact they "do this for the fans at a loss" gotta rake in that money after a record year and firing employees amirite?

    Honestly dude it's just Activision sticking their nose in and telling them to make more profit across the board at the cost of quality and reputation.

    Do you ever get tired of the inner struggle you have against being a champion of hate against Blizzard?

  10. #210
    The Patient Awelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern hemisphere
    Posts
    217
    Wow. I actually kinda thought they wouldn't have a BlizzCon this year after the fiasco which happened in 2019. But then again, it is a 25th year of Warcraft so why not, perhaps we'll gonna see a hint or two about a new expansion? Or perhaps they will announce something totally new, like StarCraft: Ghostque 3rd person action shooter in StarCraft.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    900 people on the poll has been to blizzcon MULTIPLE times? weird...
    How come? I live in Europe and attended since 2010. It's not like it's expensive if you have an education and a job. Plus the BlizzCon is always a bonus on your California vacation. Most people spend easily 200 bucks on an alchohol in one month.

  11. #211
    Why should i, as a PC gamer, buy a ticket to a convention held by a Company where all their (or most) devs play mobile games instead of PC games? If i wanted to visit a mobile game convetion i woul dgo to E3 or something like that.

    After last year... would be surprised if it got sold out that fast. I would LOVE to see them not selling even 50% of the tickets... maybe THEN they realize who their real fans are and main audience is. And thanks to BFA im no longer playing ANY Blizzard game at the moment... i dont know if its a matter to be happy or cry about. Oh and they have nothing to announce... maybe Patch 8.4/5 for WoW or even play their fake D4 trailer to make people excited and then in 2020 announcing it beeing cancled while at the same time it wasnt even in development.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    As I replied to you earlier. It's unfair for you to single out ActiBlizz for the tax loophole while ignoring all the other companies that do it. It's a systemic problem that requires a systemic solution. ActiBlizz is hardly alone to blame in using it.


    Is it a problem across the AAA space? Absolutely. Bit the actions of companies like EA or Epic aren't going to help you.


    Again, this isn't wrong either. There's no union for game development so they didn't do anything illegal. This actually does require the workers banding together to disallow this practice.

    My point is you can't just blame one company for bad behavior when the bad behavior persists across the entire sector.
    Mental gymnastics and attempts to redirect. I single out ActiBlizz because that's the scope of the discussion. Do you really want to expamd this to all the wrongdoings of the world? The mods would shut it down faster than EA with a title that "didn't meet sales expectations".
    Happiness is peace in motion.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Mental gymnastics and attempts to redirect. I single out ActiBlizz because that's the scope of the discussion. Do you really want to expamd this to all the wrongdoings of the world? The mods would shut it down faster than EA with a title that "didn't meet sales expectations".
    You’re the one leaping thru mental gymnastics to try and get people to drop the arguement. As stated, your posts are flat wrong and false and show you either (A) have no idea how companies work in the world, or (B) you do know but would rather focus everything at ActiBlizz while giving everyone else a free pass.
    No body has brought up those other companies other than to give you examples and proof that your fighting a losing stand.
    Oh, and yes, a company does rehire for the same position. It’s actually not uncommon for one team to finish a project to be let go and then have other designers and code writers come in for less pay on the follow up project, keeping only the leads around. Also, that video said “some of the positions,” meaning not every position is being rehired like you’re trying to insinuate.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-04-26 at 11:25 PM.

  14. #214

  15. #215
    I would pay 1k for a ticket easy blizzcon ftw!

  16. #216
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Those mini statues look extremely anime-ish. Like in-your-face reminder you are 40-years old virgin soy-boy still playing decade + old video game
    Whoa this sounds oddly very specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Y (A) have no idea how companies work in the world, or (B) you do know but would rather focus everything at ActiBlizz while giving everyone else a free pass..
    Oh FFS....

    The situation is bad across the entire AAA industry. Does the fact that Epic makes its employees work 100 hour weeks justify the tax evasion of Blizzard? Does the fact that EA underfunds and withholds resources to projects like Anthem, only to break up their sudio and lay off its employees when it doesn't perform to the unrealistic expectations?

    You keep trying to bring in the wrongdoings of other companies as though that's somehow going to justify what Blizzard is doing "because that's just how things are", or t "that's just how the industry is" as though that somehow makes it right. Not only is it a bad argument, but is an intellectually dishonest one.

    I'm not giving other companies a pass, I'm staying focused on the topic so as not to get the discussion derailed in EXACTLY the way you're attempting! If you want to start different threads about other companies, by all means get to it. I'll challenge you there. But THIS discussion is about Activision-Blizzard and how their convention doesn't deserve attendance because of their actions.

    Stay on topic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    As I replied to you earlier. It's unfair for you to single out ActiBlizz for the tax loophole while ignoring all the other companies that do it. It's a systemic problem that requires a systemic solution. ActiBlizz is hardly alone to blame in using it.



    Again, this isn't wrong either. There's no union for game development so they didn't do anything illegal. This actually does require the workers banding together to disallow this practice.

    My point is you can't just blame one company for bad behavior when the bad behavior persists across the entire sector.
    As I said to Eapoe, yes you absolutely can hold individual companies responsible. The fact that other companies are performing the same reprehensible actions doesn't magically absolve Blizzard of wrongdoing.

    Likewise, the fact that Blizzard technically not braking any laws doesn't mean it's a practice we want to support by giving Blizzard more money.
    Happiness is peace in motion.

  18. #218
    Bloodsail Admiral Risale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ziost
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I used one of my 10 vacation days and soent 200 dollars on a ticket for them to announce a shitty reskin mobile game made by a Chinese company.
    I never ever understood why folks in the US put up with 10 days of vacation, bloody hell that is borderline indentured servitude.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

  19. #219
    The Patient Awelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern hemisphere
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    I never ever understood why folks in the US put up with 10 days of vacation, bloody hell that is borderline indentured servitude.
    Amen Brother(?). Luckily I've 34 days of paid vacation here in the modern western country and don't have to put with the shit US is doing. 10 days per years is like a bitchslap on face of an employee.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Mental gymnastics and attempts to redirect. I single out ActiBlizz because that's the scope of the discussion. Do you really want to expamd this to all the wrongdoings of the world? The mods would shut it down faster than EA with a title that "didn't meet sales expectations".
    No, it isn't mental gymnastics. Companies operate within the law and that's what matters.

    If a company pays 0 tax because it isn't obligated to pay any tax? That's legal. You can complain that that's wrong all you want, but singling out any individual company isn't fair because it's a systemic issue that needs to be addressed.

    And honestly? If they did ax a lot of their good talent? That's up to them. Skilled individuals will always find a place to work at.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •