Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Theory: Are Top 10 Guilds just Beta Testers for blizzard and Ion the bench mark?

    It’s a great plan to push content faster.


    Beta Phase 1: PTR - testing Mechanics
    Testing Phase 2: Live - Testing Damage and transitions
    Pre-Launch Phase 3: Live - Nerf slightly for Top 10 Guilds to not assume “mathematically impossible “
    Final Phase 4: Live - Nerf to Ion level to establishment benchmarks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    It’s a great plan to push content faster.


    Beta Phase 1: PTR - testing Mechanics
    Testing Phase 2: Live - Testing Damage and transitions
    Pre-Launch Phase 3: Live - Nerf slightly for Top 10 Guilds to not assume “mathematically impossible “
    Final Phase 4: Live - Nerf to Ion level to establishment benchmarks.
    Theory: people who even consider this is real are idiots

  3. #3
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    18,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    It’s a great plan to push content faster.


    Beta Phase 1: PTR - testing Mechanics
    Testing Phase 2: Live - Testing Damage and transitions
    Pre-Launch Phase 3: Live - Nerf slightly for Top 10 Guilds to not assume “mathematically impossible “
    Final Phase 4: Live - Nerf to Ion level to establishment benchmarks.
    No, no they are not, blizzard tests fights all the time in their own team, but issue is they will never be as good as world first guilds, so they need to "guess" with damage numbers, and some bugs will get through, cause blizz cant spend the time or money to have a 20 man mythic world first level team do a fight 500 times.

    for example the only bug i saw on uunat was ONE TIME a lazer did not show itself, it was invisible.
    people then said "wtf blizz why does that happen why is it not fixed"

    OUT OF HUNDREDS OF PULLS IT HAPPENED ONCE.
    blizzard could have pulled the boss thousands of times and possibly never seen it, these things happen.


    also you say this, and pretend "its a great plan to push content faster" so your saying they have done this since vanilla?
    cause vanilla and TBC were FAMOUS for bosses that were literally impossible until they got nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  4. #4
    The guilds just literally use and treat PTR as a free demo and barely report feedback mate. It's been that way for years because ActiBlizz for some reason think Beta testing and test servers are for PR stuff rather than actually testing and gathering feedback.

    Case in point. BFA Beta and them mass deleting feedback because they knew they'd messed up and people weren't happy with set systems.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-12 at 04:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The guilds just literally use and treat PTR as a free demo and barely report feedback mate. It's been that way for years because ActiBlizz for some reason think Beta testing and test servers are for PR stuff rather than actually testing and gathering feedback.

    Case in point. BFA Beta and them mass deleting feedback because they knew they'd messed up and people weren't happy with set systems.
    Why are you calling it ActiBlizz? Blizzard is the only one making wow?

  6. #6
    I think it's a good thing that Ion actually raids the content that is put out. Although the timing on specific nerfs with the timing in which his guild progressing is highly questionable.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Why are you calling it ActiBlizz? Blizzard is the only one making wow?
    Because its been very evident that Activision is calling the shots at Blizzard now, and Activision is making design choices. Blizzard exists in name only now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    It’s a great plan to push content faster.


    Beta Phase 1: PTR - testing Mechanics
    Testing Phase 2: Live - Testing Damage and transitions
    Pre-Launch Phase 3: Live - Nerf slightly for Top 10 Guilds to not assume “mathematically impossible “
    Final Phase 4: Live - Nerf to Ion level to establishment benchmarks.
    You are assuming Blizzard does any real Beta testing or Alpha any more. BFA is proof they dont
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You are assuming Blizzard does any real Beta testing or Alpha any more. BFA is proof they dont
    Do you think?

    How many quests are there in BfA? How many interactions mid quests? How many items? How many teleportations? How many NPC's? Spells?
    This game is fucking huge.

    And you think its possible creating this huge worlds without any bugs?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Do you think?

    How many quests are there in BfA? How many interactions mid quests? How many items? How many teleportations? How many NPC's? Spells?
    This game is fucking huge.

    And you think its possible creating this huge worlds without any bugs?
    LMAO There are bugs in the game that are several Expansions old .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Do you think?

    How many quests are there in BfA? How many interactions mid quests? How many items? How many teleportations? How many NPC's? Spells?
    This game is fucking huge.

    And you think its possible creating this huge worlds without any bugs?
    People often confuse what PTR and Beta are about. They are for catching bugs and make all things stable. When PTR/Alpha is up, there is already too late to scratch all and come up with completely new ideas (especially if you promised "no content drought" this time). Feedback about game systems is considered and implemented (or not) in next patch, or even in next expansion if it's big one. They haven't deleted all Legendaries during Legion, Garrison in WoD, dailies in MoP, etc.

    But BfA Beta had also two major issues:

    - too short and for no reason, before date reveal everyone expected mid September launch; with another month of testing we could avoid shit ton of bugs during Uldir/s1 launch, which also likely caused 8.1 delay
    - too few class changes, situation was so bad they HAD to come up with new ideas during Beta, we had complete reworks during last 1-2 months and sadly specs that were not revamped are stuck with current design until 9.0

  11. #11
    So then I’m correct?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    So then I’m correct?
    Most likely, no.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,990
    Top 10 guilds, you mean the highly catered to think tanks? They're probably Blizzard shareholders LOL. They have so much influence on the game and are catered to so hard it's not even funny, they're beyond beta testers at this point.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,601
    Nice tin foil hat theory mate, the only thing that lacked was some faction bias theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  15. #15
    Nah they just tune the raids hard intentionally at the start to give the world first chasers a bigger challenge. After the race is over, they then nerf the bosses for the general masses. People in my guild call it Hall of Fame difficulty.

  16. #16
    As a beta tester I can confirm this is not true.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  17. #17
    Back in Vanilla / BC / Wrath there was a bug where if you looted a corpse, you were stuck in a kneeling position until you relogged. Never fixed it for years. In vanilla, all boss fights were bugged because the boss could only hold a small number of debuffs and they never bothered to fix that. In BC they doubled the total number of debuffs allowed I think. Wasn't fixed until Wrath maybe. Point is, you could look at a lot of other things to deduce they aren't putting in an effort to fix bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  18. #18
    Does any AAA company really beta test any more? Sure doesnt seem like it , Anthem, Fall out 76 etc. Live is the new Beta test .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The guilds just literally use and treat PTR as a free demo and barely report feedback mate. It's been that way for years because ActiBlizz for some reason think Beta testing and test servers are for PR stuff rather than actually testing and gathering feedback.

    Case in point. BFA Beta and them mass deleting feedback because they knew they'd messed up and people weren't happy with set systems.
    They don't really need to report any feedback. Blizzard logs and can watch what they did. Sure it would be more efficient if they reported exploitable bugs, instead of keeping mum until live after they get a world first using it. But Blizzard sees and logs all that is done on Beta and PTR.

  20. #20
    Exactly! Live is the new Beta



    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Does any AAA company really beta test any more? Sure doesnt seem like it , Anthem, Fall out 76 etc. Live is the new Beta test .
    - - - Updated - - -

    That’s just numbers, not visual bugs or mechanics

    Invisible beams
    Targeting healers instead of just ranged non healers

    Etc


    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They don't really need to report any feedback. Blizzard logs and can watch what they did. Sure it would be more efficient if they reported exploitable bugs, instead of keeping mum until live after they get a world first using it. But Blizzard sees and logs all that is done on Beta and PTR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •