Thread: Recount killed?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Recount killed?

Why am I seeing these threads pop up of people saying recount no longer matters or it's not accurate.. is this trolling or did blizz change things (I haven't played in months)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sumbum View Post
    Why am I seeing these threads pop up of people saying recount no longer matters or it's not accurate.. is this trolling or did blizz change things (I haven't played in months)
    Everyone's using details damage meter. Recount, Scada and Details use different algorithms to compute DPS. I don't really know which ones, honestly, but AFAIK Details numbers are almost the same as in warcraftlogs, so people naturally prefer Details. Also I think that details is less resource-intensive, but that's just my thoughts.

Other than that, recount should work just like it worked for years. If you prefer it, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Everyone's using details damage meter. Recount, Scada and Details use different algorithms to compute DPS. I don't really know which ones, honestly, but AFAIK Details numbers are almost the same as in warcraftlogs, so people naturally prefer Details. Also I think that details is less resource-intensive, but that's just my thoughts.

Other than that, recount should work just like it worked for years. If you prefer it, don't bother.

Gotcha. It just made it sound like the meters in general didn't show accurate information anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Recount? 2010 called and want their dmg meter back
    Why does it really matter if its dead or not, Details is what ppl use these days.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Details is more accurate and has more features. Overall damage meters are not as important as logs, because logs discount padding. For example, on G'Huun people like to pad the meters by attacking him when he's still in the wall during the first transition. This looks good on the meters but the damage is meaningless so it isn't counted on WarCraft Logs. DPS meters are pretty much only useful for having a quick in-game reference for your performance.

Skada or Details are much better than recount in terms of not freezing your computer.

I have no idea if Recount evolved since 2012, but having a healing and dps meter was needed so I left it behind and never regret it.

7+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO damage meters. If you aren't a hardcore player that treats this game like a job then don't worry about it.

So you don't use damage meters and raider.io? You must be really good at this game.

I'm starting to suspect you also have the stock UI and don't use DBM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So you don't use damage meters and raider.io? You must be really good at this game.

I'm starting to suspect you also have the stock UI and don't use DBM?
    The stock UI isn't even bad anymore, plenty of Mythic raiders use it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

recount and skada were basically just coasting along, never really adding features or improving much. i'm honestly somewhat surprised it took so long for someone to be fed up with them and say "i can do it better".

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    LMFAO damage meters. If you aren't a hardcore player that treats this game like a job then don't worry about it.
    Theres that LFR mentality hard at work.

Dont worry if youre getting better or not, dont worry if your damage is where it should be for your gear, just keep sucking and then wonder why you cant get invited to groups or kicked after the first pull

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Recount? 2010 called and want their dmg meter back
    Why does it really matter if its dead or not, Details is what ppl use these days.
    I'd argue recount was still heavily in use up until 2013/2014. Then Skada was popular for a time I guess. But yea, in the last 2 years Details took over pretty much from personal experience.

Not that it matters in any way. Anything remotely relevant is also logged completely by the raid logging tools anyway, for years now even live as well, If someone has neither installed it wouldn't be a surprise either these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sumbum View Post
    Recount died long ago. Details is the better option now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    recount and skada were basically just coasting along, never really adding features or improving much. i'm honestly somewhat surprised it took so long for someone to be fed up with them and say "i can do it better".
    Doing that takes effort and knowledge, so it's not quite that surprising. Not everybody actually can say that and mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Theres that LFR mentality hard at work.

Dont worry if youre getting better or not, dont worry if your damage is where it should be for your gear, just keep sucking and then wonder why you cant get invited to groups or kicked after the first pull
    There's better tools for that than DPS meters. Those are primarily used by the tools that think DPS is the only thing that matters.

My advice, try details and you'll see just how much better it is.

Ah recount.... the lagmonster of 25 man SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Skada or Details are much better than recount in terms of not freezing your computer.

I have no idea if Recount evolved since 2012, but having a healing and dps meter was needed so I left it behind and never regret it.
    If only Details or Skada had the same simple interface as recount....

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah recount.... the lagmonster of 25 man SoO.
    What was the command again? /recount pause?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What was the command again? /recount pause?
    Idk, I just uninstalled recount and installed skada and never had an issue again lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recount solved the freezing issue a long, long time ago, but as many people have mentioned, Details is the better addon nowadays.

I've not noticed a significant difference in the numbers my raidmates report from their skadas and recounts, what I see on Details, and what shows in the log so I'm not sure the accuracy difference is enough to matter, but Details is definitely way more robust as an addon and is regularly updated and tweaked. I've used DamageMeter, Recount, Skada, and Details over the years and the latter is definitely the most comprehensive, which is useful to me as a raid leader who might need to look at certain things during raid before the parse is uploaded. That said, the breadth of it means that navigating the addon can be a little daunting and it's not as intuitive to get around as Recount.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |