Thread: Recount killed?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Recount? 2010 called and want their dmg meter back
    Why does it really matter if its dead or not, Details is what ppl use these days.
    ^^This right here^^

I did not even know recount was still around until my son said something about it the other day.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still a very popular addon according to Twitch. Though tbh I've used Details for years and so has every Mythic raider that I've known in that time.

Recount is the 9th most popular AddOn on Curse. So it's still used.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So you don't use damage meters and raider.io? You must be really good at this game.

I'm starting to suspect you also have the stock UI and don't use DBM?
    Well to be fair the stock UI is pretty good.

I've been using the Stock UI for quite some time now (with WA2 ofc, which you'd use with any custom UI anyways) and I don't see in what way it's bad (or why I should use ElvUI instead). I do however move the player/target/focus frame to the lower center and I also move the raid frames closer to the center.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

I've been using the Stock UI for quite some time now (with WA2 ofc, which you'd use with any custom UI anyways) and I don't see in what way it's bad (or why I should use ElvUI instead). I do however move the player/target/focus frame to the lower center and I also move the raid frames closer to the center.
    It's not bad, I just find it ugly as hell.

Details, if not better, is at least more fun. Because of the way you can customize your name in it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh most UI set ups are more distracting to me and are either too clustered or too sparse. Even bag addons that merge all the spaces stress me out. I hate seeing a giant grid box in the middle of my screen. Takes me out of the game
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

People are just trolling others
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who still uses Recount, it does what I need it to do (track my personal progress) just fine.

I don't need it for anything else.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I use Recount but after reading this thread I tried Details. Too complex, can't even close the window. Uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Recount? 2010 called and want their dmg meter back
    Why does it really matter if its dead or not, Details is what ppl use these days.
    2007 called, they want their joke back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    LMFAO damage meters. If you aren't a hardcore player that treats this game like a job then don't worry about it.
    That's really dumb. I like using meters so I can try different things and see what works and what doesn't. If I didn't care enough to do that I don't see how the game would be worth playing. But oh yeah, that's so hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

The stock UI is ok if you move things around, which then isn't technically stock but whatever. All the same I don't know why you would want the extra clutter of the graphics that have nothing to do with gameplay. And most specs benefit from weakauras and other tools to keep track of cooldowns and timers. I'm not sure what the advantage of the default UI would be other than saving a few minutes for setup, but it's nice people have a choice and they can do whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual damage numbers is like one of the last things I use damage meters for. Interrupts, damage on adds, dispels, death logs, etc, is all stuff I look at way more frequently. I am a very, very long way away from hardcore.

Although I do look at HPS on my healer, mostly so I can cry when the tank outheals me in m+.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I use Recount but after reading this thread I tried Details. Too complex, can't even close the window. Uninstall.
    Recount is rather resource heavy like Details, although I find the latter superior. If you want to try something lighter but still highly functional without the complexity of Details you might give Skada a try.

Details is awesome, better than all of those and you have many options, even to refresh in 0.5 seconds or when you want to, really.

It's the best, detailed, as it says and gives you information that no other does, such as who prepotted before the pull. Lets you warn who died and what ability killed them.
    Let's you warn when you interrupt stuff. Overall, details is the best addon

Who cares. I always am #1 in my skada or recount stats.

Personally i think, only skada and details are the best to use, recount has huge problems, i remember even in some friend's computers, used to give them alot of problems and a lot of ram usage for no reason and i don't know why i never felt recount was totally accurate on numbers either

So you don't use damage meters and raider.io? You must be really good at this game.

I'm a mythic raider, despise raider.io, don't use dbm and use the stock UI. Amibadbro?

fuck off with cancer.io

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The stock UI isn't even bad anymore, plenty of Mythic raiders use it.
    The one guy in my mythic guild who uses a stock UI catches so much shit for it. It's honestly terrible.

Wasted space on details and borders everywhere.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm a mythic raider, despise raider.io, don't use dbm and use the stock UI. Amibadbro?
    Sorry about my ignorance, but is stock UI the same as saying "default UI"? I really don't recognize some meanings.
    I use default UI cause my laptop is really bad for Elvui and such and i don't like separated addons, i use some tho, as a raider i need to use WeakAuras and such. I use Raider.io only and only because i like to see what people accomplished and i despise it aswell, i call it an addon for the elitism lol
    Ilvl is something that still doesn't convince me. But regardless, i like still the default ui and many aspects of elvui and such don't appeal me but there's a lot of good things on elvui too.

Being a mythic raider without the most information possible on stuff that you and people are doing and without DBM is a huge mistake. Even on Mekkatorque if you don't have DBM it won't put those symbols above their heads when they are inside the robots. Stuff like that, DBM tells you every single thing. Maybe you're joking but that's actually serious lol
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-26 at 08:54 PM.