Thread: Recount killed?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post

Being a mythic raider without the most information possible on stuff that you and people are doing and without DBM is a huge mistake. Even on Mekkatorque if you don't have DBM it won't put those symbols above their heads when they are inside the robots. Stuff like that, DBM tells you every single thing. Maybe you're joking but that's actually serious lol
    Why does it have to be dbm when I prefer bigwigs? And yeah stock is basically the same as default, you're using the wow raid frames and action bars basically. Ever since wow introduced raid frames customization in their default UI I've been using them. I can't stand people logging in and crying they can't play, promote guildies, trade etc. because elvui or some other random ui overhaul add-on is glitching out for them. It's not to say I don't like a pretty UI if it's customized well but not at the cost of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The one guy in my mythic guild who uses a stock UI catches so much shit for it. It's honestly terrible.

Wasted space on details and borders everywhere.
    And yet if you don't play on a tiny monitor it really doesn't matter whatsoever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Why does it have to be dbm when I prefer bigwigs? And yeah stock is basically the same as default, you're using the wow raid frames and action bars basically. Ever since wow introduced raid frames customization in their default UI I've been using them. I can't stand people logging in and crying they can't play, promote guildies, trade etc. because elvui or some other random ui overhaul add-on is glitching out for them. It's not to say I don't like a pretty UI if it's customized well but not at the cost of gameplay.
    Thank you.

I use addons that give me information such as dbm, meters and weak auras and all but don't mess with my FPS much. So, therefore i actually use my UI as default.

I use:
    - Details
    - DBM
    - Dispeller
    - flyPlateBuffs
    - MikScrollingBattleText
    - Weak Auras
    - Dominos
    - Pawn
    - Quartz

And others that are more personal taste than anything and doesn't impact on my gameplay at all. Like auction house stuff.

About bigWigs, i never tried, to be fair. If it works for you that's good.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-26 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    And yet if you don't play on a tiny monitor it really doesn't matter whatsoever.
    Fair enough, I think most people just prefer a clean look to the wow stock ui.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    fuck off with cancer.io
    I take it you do not get into mythic+ groups. raider.io is necessary because the game gives out free gear too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I take it you do not get into mythic+ groups. raider.io is necessary because the game gives out free gear too easily.
    I don't do M+ in pugs, but Raider.io is an inherently flawed way to score people. It bases things far more on quantity then it should, and less on the specific dungeon.

In all honesty, each dungeon should have a score, not an overall score, and then you look at the score for the dungeon you plan on doing.

yeah i just do my 15+ without randoms i dont need cancer io

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    yeah i just do my 15+ without randoms i dont need cancer io
    You dont use it yet calling it cancer. tbh you are not qualified to comment on it based off the knowledge you have given me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    My advice, try details and you'll see just how much better it is.
    Tried it: i rather have no damage meter at all. Details have a lot of details; but you need to configure everything to make it work instead of working after installation like every other one.
    And less system ressources... not really; for me it was even worse.

No thanks, never again this sort of crapware.

But yes; details/raider.io is the new flavor of the month; every hipster needs it!

God I got a few replies while I was replying to one person in particular who posted in multiple threads and laughing at addons. (Hence the raider.io context), was just saying that without a damage meter and using this, he must be really great at knowing if he's doing it right.

I know the stock UI is not bad, I mostly meant without addons, call it bad translation. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm so used to grid as a healer and can't easily customize the raid frames of the stock ui to show the debuffs I want, I would probably use it.

But I did use it on beta when addons were disabled and it's fine.

Well I'm sure a lot of people still use recount, but it is lacking in some features that details and even skada both have. I personally still prefer to use skada as details just has too much stuff that I don't care about but I do wish that skada was updated more. But I'm pretty bare-bones when it comes to addons to begin with. I only use DBM, skada, EXRT, and coordinates. I've played long enough that I know where every button is without looking at it, and I'm aware enough that I don't need a weak aura with my cds on the center of my screen.

I sort of play wow like how a guitarist would play a single pickup electric guitar. Basic with hardly any customization, but still gets the job done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sumbum View Post
    Gotcha. It just made it sound like the meters in general didn't show accurate information anymore
    Recount only records the time you are dpsing so if you have intermissions or times you aren't dpsing it doesn't count it against you. Most people don't like that. It's also a cpu hog that will slow down even the best machines. Details is very light on cpu cycles much like using Bigwigs over DBM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post

It's rarely Elvui that's the problem but the million other addons combined with it. So many people run addons that do the same thing and keep them enabled at the same time, then wonder why shit doesn't work. Or they just never update which is awful.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by sumbum View Post
    Gotcha. It just made it sound like the meters in general didn't show accurate information anymore
    They don't. Recount hasn't been the most accurate for -years-. Even before Details, Skada was more accurate than Recount. Recount hasn't been all that great for quite some time. That said, even details can give radically different metrics depending on who hit what first. Just run Warcraft Logs. That's the only metrics anyone else actually cares about, to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Tried it: i rather have no damage meter at all. Details have a lot of details; but you need to configure everything to make it work instead of working after installation like every other one.
    And less system ressources... not really; for me it was even worse.

No thanks, never again this sort of crapware.

But yes; details/raider.io is the new flavor of the month; every hipster needs it!
    Don't you mean flavor for 2 expansions? Details has been around for 6 years. Raider.io stats go back to the first raid in Legion. So 3 years ago but I believe we had it during Hellfire Citadel as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

And its far too easy to be carried in mythics to use Raider.io as an honest metric too, to be honest.

The stock UI isn't even bad anymore, plenty of Mythic raiders use it.
    Just to clarify, the primary reason mythic raiders use the stock UI is that it has less potential to break on new content. New content patches are where you'll generally have the most addon-related problems - unfortunately it's also where raiders tend to have the least time to spare. If you're racing for ranking you can't afford to wait a few days until all the addon kinks are worked out. And if you're not used to running at top performance without your addons, suddenly losing them can affect you enough to matter a lot at that level. So you'd rather play it safe and get used to the stock UI.

But even then, there's tons of world-first raiders that have extensively modded UIs with barely any original interface left.

Gods save us all from the day when WA breaks, though.

Yes it is they just use weak auras

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I generally think Blizzard should actually limit the API availability of WA/DBM and other similar addons in instances. The whole escalation of encounter complexity is partly due to addons like WA. The attmpt to nerf Unit Position in 7.1 was only partially successful - they should think around redesigning the entire API.
    Toothpaste is out of the tube, there's no squeezing it back in now.

Breaking WA/DBM/etc. and reducing encounter complexity would feel like a 50mph speed limit after we've all gotten Ferraris - yeah it would reduce traffic accidents, but we'd all feel disappointed and degraded by the whole thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they broke WA, I would riot. The game would feel as irritating as ff14 does to me. Screw that noise.

The stock UI was never bad, at least once they allowed multiple bars. And DBM? Yeah wow better use that addon that tells you to move out of a fire circle, can't raid without it.