Thread: Recount killed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Recount works well until it breaks. When Recount breaks, it causes more problems for World of Warcraft than any other addon I have ever used. I have a top end PC and when recount breaks badly enough, I will lag like crazy despite that.

If I come back to WoW, I'm probably just going to dump the addon and find something else. I kind of wish Blizzard would just build their own damage meter. Everyone has one or posts one, anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla damage meters is where it's at

That is precisely the inane mentality that drives people away from this game. Meters and raider io are the things that have helped ruin the game, because lets rush to kill this boss so we can whine there is not enough content

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I mean its been around longer than you have, its managed by a person with no monetary gain in order to simply help people. Its not a scourge of the community, its people like you who are. If you don't like it dont use it.
    Yeah... um... no, it hasn't. I've seen probably a dozen different excuses to gatekeep people filter through the works over the years. None of them have done anything but make people be worse to each other, like, for example, you insulting me for disliking it.

Thanks for illustrating my point though.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Recount works well until it breaks. When Recount breaks, it causes more problems for World of Warcraft than any other addon I have ever used. I have a top end PC and when recount breaks badly enough, I will lag like crazy despite that.

If I come back to WoW, I'm probably just going to dump the addon and find something else. I kind of wish Blizzard would just build their own damage meter. Everyone has one or posts one, anyways.
    Details! will have your back. Don't worry. The author routinely posts on the forums here as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    That is precisely the inane mentality that drives people away from this game. Meters and raider io are the things that have helped ruin the game, because lets rush to kill this boss so we can whine there is not enough content
    Dmg meteres are there to see what ur doing wrong and to see if somebody is slacking and getting carried, i assume ppl who wanna be carries are upset with both dmg meters and raider.io
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

WHAT IS THIS THREAD ABOUT? Recount still getting updated?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Details! will have your back. Don't worry. The author routinely posts on the forums here as well.
    I like what I'm hearing about Details, so I'll probably pick it up if/when I come back.

PS: Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    They only exist because there's a demand for them. It's not the tools that are the problem, it's the users. They want to play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Heroic/light mythic is not content worth of discussion, sorry.
    Lol. Changing the goal posts there, huh? Try harder than that.

Also you could be carried, yeah. I've heard about blind people raiding with friends who were helping them. Does not make that a norm.
    Yeah dude, amazing argument. I was carried through every raid ever, especially when serving as the raid leader. That makes too much sense, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I use Recount, mostly because I play on Linux and every resource counts...
    Every resource counts but yet you use the dps meter with the highest resource cost? If you're worried about resources skada uses the second lowest CPU and the lowest ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Every resource counts but yet you use the dps meter with the highest resource cost? If you're worried about resources skada uses the second lowest CPU and the lowest ram.
    Do you have something to back up this claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Do you have something to back up this claim?
    It's common knowledge and extremely easy to test....

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748725094

Someone spent a month testing various addons, their testing methodology is sound.

Out of the 3 Recount is the worst on both, Skada is best on ram and Details! is the best on CPU. This isn't some mystery.

Recount it such a resource hog it has a history of causing freezing in large raid groups during pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested both Recount and Details and I don't see any difference in fps, I do see however Details using more memory which to be honest doesn't really affect the performance (noticeably) .

Edit: In fact, after further testing Details seem to have bad impact on latency adding extra 15-20 ms vs Recount.

Also, just wanted to stress this is Linux, with Windows it may be different.
    Last edited by Serpha; 2019-05-01 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yeah... um... no, it hasn't. I've seen probably a dozen different excuses to gatekeep people filter through the works over the years. None of them have done anything but make people be worse to each other, like, for example, you insulting me for disliking it.

Thanks for illustrating my point though.
    I didnt illustrate anything you are essentially salty that it exists even when you have the option of not using it.

- - - Updated - - -

I tested both Recount and Details and I don't see any difference in fps, I do see however Details using more memory which to be honest doesn't really affect the performance (noticeably) .

Edit: In fact, after further testing Details seem to have bad impact on latency adding extra 15-20 ms vs Recount.

Not seeing that happen at all on my rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    From an experienced person in Blizzard default UI, i can say that if you know how to use your skills you're still good to go, but it's not just about aesthetic that makes you immediately better player but it helps, you don't need to force your eyes to look on the top left of your screen if you have addons that help you see everything closer to the center. And that helps you be a better player because you keep track of things easier. When you use a razor mouse with a lot buttons on the side you can make your life easier too, but it gets time to adapt as well as having elvui, if you passed the whole years playing on blizzard UI and take time to adapt then you'll have less good performance trying to look for stuff that you're used to see on the top left screen of your eyes and not in the center, so you might even fail to see stuff more frequently. Depends on the person and how susceptible it is through change, a help here and there to know what's going on its fine but lets be realistic too, most of the times you just have so much to look in the center of the screen if you don't spread it, getting the space filled the best way possible to have a certain synergy between you and your playstyle. If anything, let me say that elvui has a complete info but at same time, might be too much info in front of your eyes, when you can see that on a nameplate, on your buffs, weak auras, on a CDS addon, you can move your bars using bartender/dominos too if the problem is the space. Like, if it was so unplayable with Blizzard UI, i think they would have already change that.
    They haven't changed it because of addons. Can you play default sure but you can use weak auras to make it so much better to see when to do things most top end players use it and elvui for the most part i think a lot use because it just looks better i have played with both default and elvui

15+ Year Old Account

Well that's not really a supported configuration. On windows based systems it's noticeably better. Details over Skada. Bigwigs over DBM. Raid Assist over Exorsus Raid Tools. Weakauras over some of the other Aura tools. All bring slight performance improvements. The addons take cpu cycles away from the engine or slow it down. Even a super fast rig can see the difference.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

So I actually went and installed Details today.

I can honestly not see a difference at all. It got some weird over-kill plugins only 0.2% of players would care for that uses the addon, and thats it.

Once I had it setup to look like my old Recount addon (I dont want GUI changes...Im a 2002 bold and minimalistic skin guy ;p) it might as well have been recount.

They both record the same damage, they both do their job...Look I have over 100 addons installed, some tiny some bigger, but if recount kills my FPS a bit...well I will hardly notice, even with my shitty 2014 quad core I5.

But I still dont get why this thread was made. Recount is still the most popular meter addon I figure, and its updated in BFA so...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

reccount is working perfectly

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Recount, cause how user friendly it is and how nice and smooth the interface is. Maybe not 100% accurate, but good enough, you can surely tell if someone is doing okey or if they are much behind what they should do.

If I raided mythic I'd prolly get Details tho, where, like the name suggest, details matter more than in HC.