Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's see. Things you could do in the game by hacking:
    • Increase the size of herb/mine nodes for better visibility;
    • Increase the size of the PvP flag in BGs for better visibility;
    • Alter terrain to your advantage, like wall-hack-jumping, to get to safety in BGs while holding flags;
    • Greatly increase your character's speed without buffs in BGs;
    • Automate your character (i.e. botting);
    • Fly in no-fly areas;
    • Etc...

    Looks like a decent enough list of reasons, too big to be "apparently no reason", don't you think?
    You do realize that a lot of these things are detectable server side, right?

    We can argue on the "make things easier to see" as being a hack, but so long as the hitbox size doesn't change, it doesn't effectively change much.

  2. #162
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    You do realize that a lot of these things are detectable server side, right?

    We can argue on the "make things easier to see" as being a hack, but so long as the hitbox size doesn't change, it doesn't effectively change much.
    "being easier to see" is a MASSIVE advantage
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Utok View Post
    Maybe the addon system could just be expanded to cover some models if these kind of modifications are so popular.

    Texture edits are pretty harmless.
    Model edits could only be applied to specific objects and they have to fit within specific sizes to be allowed.
    All modifications could be protected so they are disabled for stuff like raiding/pvp.
    It could even be a paid unlock feature so it's only used by those that really care about it, while also funding the extra development time to implement it for those people.

    It would be a great way to gain resources from the community too, as once its legitimised it also means things like old texture upgrades could be done by the community rather than taking up blizzard artist time.
    Expecting Blizzard to do things that benefit the community these days well you got more chance of winning the lottery mate.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    You do realize that a lot of these things are detectable server side, right?

    We can argue on the "make things easier to see" as being a hack, but so long as the hitbox size doesn't change, it doesn't effectively change much.
    Are you kidding me? "Doesn't effectively change much"?

    Being able to see where the flag carrier is hiding "doesn't effectively change much"?
    Altering terrain to your advantage "doesn't effectively change much?
    Automating your character "doesn't effectively change much"?
    Flying in no-fly areas "doesn't effectively change much"?

  5. #165
    The Lightbringer MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,089
    Players: Break terms of service of Blizzard's game
    Blizz: We're suspending you for breaking my rules
    Players: OMG WTF

    You do not own your character you do not own the game. The only thing you own is the time you paid for to access to play Blizzard's account and character. I repeat you character that you play and you modded.....does...not...belong...to...you. You literally altering someone else's property. It's like you let your neighbor rent your power tool and he DIWHY mods it. Guess what you probably going to stop lending him your stuff.

    You can't compare this to games like GTA or Skyrim where ToS and Ownership are defined completely differently. Just because you never read Blizzard's ToS stop being whiny cry babies when you get suspended for violating the rules.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Players: Break terms of service of Blizzard's game
    Blizz: We're suspending you for breaking my rules
    Players: OMG WTF

    You do not own your character you do not own the game. The only thing you own is the time you paid for to access to play Blizzard's account and character. I repeat you character that you play and you modded.....does...not...belong...to...you. You literally altering someone else's property. It's like you let your neighbor rent your power tool and he DIWHY mods it. Guess what you probably going to stop lending him your stuff.

    You can't compare this to games like GTA or Skyrim where ToS and Ownership are defined completely differently. Just because you never read Blizzard's ToS stop being whiny cry babies when you get suspended for violating the rules.
    You seem like the kind of person that also believes in the wiki about 30 FPS.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Honestly I think the now-uncovered widespread usage of these tools should be used to readdress how pitifully bad WoW's character customization is. "

    I am ignoring the rest cause it just seems like alot of screaming about stuff liek "why didnt they do this sooner!" c...c.ause they didnt... simple as that?
    "Why didnt they add an infernal mount in tbc why did it take all the way till legion!"
    c....cause they did... simple as that my dude.
    Congrats, then, you admit you paid no attention to a post you're attempting to refute. What was even your point of replying to me?
    And who the hell said anything about an infernal mount? I'm talking about something extremely broad like customization options, not a specific thing that a niche group of players would be interested in. You can't just compare two entirely different criticisms of Blizzard unless you're just trying to say that nobody should criticize or expect anything of Blizzard beyond the bare minimum.

    But for that point, no, that's not at all what I mean. You extrapolated a lot from that statement. Let me write it down in a clear way so you don't make a dunce out of yourself by making even more assumptions based on a single sentence.

    I'm not justifying mod use, because I don't personally agree with mod usage. However I can't exactly blame them when there are so many massive gaps in character options to begin with. WoW's customization options are intentionally pitifully low to the degree that we're only just now getting an option to hide armor slots like gloves, chest, and bracers when there's absolutely no reason this should have taken 7 years into the game's length to implement.
    And I'm not pointing these out for just complaining. I'm pointing out that this discussion about using mods is a great stepping off point to point out how pitiful the game's customization is. I don't want mods, but what I would definitely like is if Blizzard stopped neglecting the absolutely massive amount of the playerbase who wants more cosmetic stuff beyond a 700th mount reskin.

    To prove my point, there are several hairstyles available and fully functional to players in the game files that have no problems whatsoever that are mysteriously not on the barber shop. Why? Who the hell knows, there are even NPCs in new BfA zones wearing some of these hairstyles and yet we can't use them on our own characters.

    also because 99% of the playerbase never sees their hairstyle.
    You'd be right if you weren't, well, completely and totally wrong. The majority of the playerbase hides their helmets or uses non-hair covering helmets on their characters on virtually every server I've ever been on.

    Do you seriously believe that or are you just making arguments for the sake of some kind of meaningless point? Your posts seem like just a stream of consciousness.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-04-28 at 03:32 PM.

  8. #168
    Incredible that there are seriously people here who are angry that people who used Modeledits got unbanned. I'm really glad I don't play this shitty Game anymore, this Community has gone full retard! Blizzard should fucking thank the people who make custom Models - lots of people would not play without them.

  9. #169
    Honestly i think player character cosmetic edits should be allowed there is A LOT of shit old textures in this game for both gear and mounts.
    there is also alot of clipping problems with pretty much all hair styles and pretty much all helms a active modding community could easily fix those things.
    As blizzard most likely wont do it granted there will be tig ol bitties and other weird mods only used by REALLY small amount of people.
    I think that it would overall be better for the game to allow the players to further customize there characters.

    Naturally things like terrain and world objects should not be allowed to be edited as someone who used to play around with models and such Player models and textures.
    Are placed in a completely different area of the game compared to world objects and terrain i just don't see why those things would not be allowed to be edited.
    Just like how we can currently edit sound files.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Snip
    Im actually not sure about the interaction-range. But like i said, the resizing of both the flag and the node can certainly be done. It certainly worked in BC because thats how a lot of assholes did grind netherwing-reputation till they got whooped. 3miles tall eggs are easy to find at least.

    However you are kind of wrong with everything else here tho, no offense. No, these guys would not go here, but go to mmowned or ownedcore these days or can be found on places like the WOWMV's Discord and similar sides focussing on Machinimacreation. Also reading helps; No, i did not do any "botting" or "malicious hacking". But i use evermorph and used tmorph before because im kind of done staring at the same character for over a decade but a race change is not viable due to racials, so there is that. I also used self-made skins to recolor the utter mess that were T-Sets during Wrath before transmogging was a thing. My account, however, stands strong and unaffected since EU-Release, as it should.

    Also, i kind of don't really believe this could have happened during Legion, are you sure you are not remembering that wrong? Because the same kind of fix was implemented somewhere in Cataclysm, then extended upon during Pandaria which is also why you no longer can get under the map as easy as you could before... I think there was something in Draenor but that was short lived? And it also did not have anything to do with flying, but made the disconnect-thing that is another safety method to prevent you from getting where you should not be not work.

    Also for fuck sake spare me the CThun exploit. Half of the people commenting here were barely sentient when that was a thing. Yea, replacing inworld items with another worked and it did with heavy manipulation till late Wrath, but then they changed the way their entire system worked. You can also see that this video is way pre-cataclysm just by how orgrimmars gates look.

    Im not going to argue to defend hackers and botters. I am fairly irritated by that myself when i see 7 druid-cats running through Tiri... Tirisgardesund? ... The Boralus-Area, all in one place with like 0,1 seconds delay and farm all the fucking shrubbery away before i even see them. But you don't ban your fans when all they do is customization or machinimas. That's kind of a group of people selling your shitty game and probably the guys you want to keep if they don't hurt anybody because they tend to be very devoted.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2019-04-28 at 05:00 PM.
    Whyyy... This... I... We... well... FFfffuuuu uu
    ww..
    Victim to Blizzard-Marketing since 2004

    "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law." - Kant

  11. #171
    Stood in the Fire steristumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Just putting it out here, AHK, Punchkey users didn't get Suspended. (Rapidfire key programs)
    I’ve used ahk in the past. With key presser apps and keyboard macro software, the only impact it has is you kill mobs (albeit a lot slower) by holding down 1 button. It has zero impact on the game or anyone else, other than you carrying their way below par dps. I stopped because it feels silly and gets boring and slows your questing down rather than speed it up. I also did my research first and found a gm reply saying ahk isn’t against ToS. I’m sure technically it is, but one gm reply was enough defense for me to try it.

    The way I understand it, they’re mainly used by disabled players to quest / lfr.
    Last edited by steristumpie; 2019-04-28 at 06:43 PM.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Have you actually looked for it? I mean, really looked, as if honestly interested about that? It's not like those guys actually advertise their mods and put adds in MMO fansites. I mean, I played Skyrim for almost a year before I finally found out about the Skyrim modding community when stumbled upon a Skyrim mod video on YouTube.

    By the way: I have never seen someone make a botting mod for WoW either, but I do know those bots exist, since I've seen bots working in WoW back in the day. You not seeing those hack mods being made does not mean they do not exist.


    Guess why those guys who use this launcher got caught in the ban-wave? It's highly likely because their launcher was doing the same thing (i.e. "injecting code"), or similar enough, to what the more harmful hack mods do. If it wasn't doing that, it wouldn't have caught.

    I mean, a turtle can be caught in a fishing net. Does that mean turtles are fish?


    Those that used the hack launcher simply to alter their characters' looks in ways that do not harm the game were quickly unbanned, since they were not doing any "botting/automation". But that does not mean they did not break the ToS.
    Talking out of your ass for the sake of arguing with me, you got nothing better to do, do you ?
    How about this, you actually use fucking Google and see for yourself if those "exploit" mods exist and that they were made with Arctium in mind, get back to me after ok ? i'll ignore the whole botting thing because that's the dumbest thing that I've read in a while

    I already explained that the launcher interfered with the Warden protection in order to work which again you seem to have no idea what the fuck that is...
    Tos...Tos...did it seem like Blizzard enforced it ? everyone got fucking unbanned, so no.

  13. #173
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having tea with a scary jester
    Posts
    25,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    no more big boobs in wow ....
    Nope, but after the invisible shirtless transmog option, there be plenty of big, juicy, bouncy pecs to admire!

  14. #174
    Now everyone was using mods just for boobs and similar RP bs... Just stop acting, most of people used this mods for PVP advantage. Just like boters, everytime with another excuse. Just ban them all.

  15. #175
    It's unfortunate that those just wanting anime tiddies on their character are lumped in with those that exploit for tactical advantage. If Blizzard has the ability to discern between the two, they should just allow it.

  16. #176
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd rather Blizzard grow a spine and permaban people like they used to.

    Most other games do to set an example. Blizzard stopped doing it as of late and people still break the rules when they come back.

    It's sad they prioritise profit over setting an example these days.
    They have already stated their rationale for not permabanning. They found that with permabans, people will just say fuck it and make a new account which they will just exploit/bot again with anyway.

    With temporary bans, people are much less likely to make a new account simply because they will get access back to their old account in a relatively short timeframe anyway. There is no feeling of 'gameover' which they would get if their account was completely closed off.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  17. #177
    The Lightbringer MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You seem like the kind of person that also believes in the wiki about 30 FPS.
    You can't believe or not believe in facts....they are facts. Maybe if you actually read the ToS of the game they are playing you wouldn't be surprised by consequences of breaching what you blindly clicked accept on.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You seem like the kind of person that also believes in the wiki about 30 FPS.
    You seem like the kind of person that thinks they are above rules and also thinks consequences shouldn't apply to them.

  19. #179
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Utok View Post
    Maybe the addon system could just be expanded to cover some models if these kind of modifications are so popular.

    Texture edits are pretty harmless.
    Model edits could only be applied to specific objects and they have to fit within specific sizes to be allowed.
    All modifications could be protected so they are disabled for stuff like raiding/pvp.
    It could even be a paid unlock feature so it's only used by those that really care about it, while also funding the extra development time to implement it for those people.

    It would be a great way to gain resources from the community too, as once its legitimised it also means things like old texture upgrades could be done by the community rather than taking up blizzard artist time.
    Texture edits are very much not harmless, you can make the stealth bump texture bright orange for example.
    or mining nodes bright pink to make them much easier to see
    Imagine the load times of when changing from world to PVP having to switch all the textures, im sure some people would enter areanas with thier healer already dead.
    lol you want MORE on the store?
    there is alot of legal issues with getting stuff the community makes and putting it in the game, with stuff like TF2 i beleive they get a small cut.
    but if its free in wow, then what?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aprete View Post
    I already explained that the launcher interfered with the Warden protection in order to work which again you seem to have no idea what the fuck that is...
    Tos...Tos...did it seem like Blizzard enforced it ? everyone got fucking unbanned, so no.
    Yes, they have done ban waves of this in vanilla, wotlk, and wod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprete View Post
    Talking out of your ass for the sake of arguing with me, you got nothing better to do, do you ?
    This is so deliciously ironic considering your very next sentence:

    How about this, you actually use fucking Google and see for yourself if those "exploit" mods exist and that they were made with Arctium in mind, get back to me after ok ?
    How about you quote me when I said that those mods "were made with Arctium in mind"? Considering I even said, and you quoted: "It's highly likely because their launcher was doing the same thing (i.e. "injecting code"), or similar enough, to what the more harmful hack mods do."

    And yes. Blizzard does enforce their ToS. Remember the whole "Preach got banned for using an exploit" discussion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Also, i kind of don't really believe this could have happened during Legion, are you sure you are not remembering that wrong? Because the same kind of fix was implemented somewhere in Cataclysm, then extended upon during Pandaria which is also why you no longer can get under the map as easy as you could before... I think there was something in Draenor but that was short lived? And it also did not have anything to do with flying, but made the disconnect-thing that is another safety method to prevent you from getting where you should not be not work.
    Yes, it was during Legion. I remember because I've never seen a bot before, it stuck with me: Azsuna, just west of the Blue Dragon area, south of the area with all the cats. There was a mining node and as I approached it, I noticed someone falling down right onto it. He mined the node, then summoned a flying mount. From there is literally went straight up. But it wasn't "flying", it was like it was constantly "respawning" just a little higher, gaining altitude that way, before turning around and "flying" straight away, in that same manner, as if it was constantly "respawning" just a little bit ahead. The mount, as well, was always playing its standing idle animation, not the flight animation.

    Also for fuck sake spare me the CThun exploit. Half of the people commenting here were barely sentient when that was a thing.
    How about you tone it down? I never even mentioned C'Thun. I was talking about wall-hacking to get to safe areas in BGs.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-04-28 at 10:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •