Poll: How Many South Korean Wins Til Blizz Kills The OW WC?

Should Blizzard Abandon The Overwatch World Cup?

With South Korea winning every single year, it can get kind of boring after a while. How many South Korean Victories will it take for Blizzard to realize that the Overwatch World Cup is a bad idea? No other nation can even compete with them, due to the way they're culture views Esports. What do you think? Will these come a time when Blizzard decides to cancel the World Cup in Favor of holding the Overwatch League Finals At Blizzcon instead? Which allows South Koreans to play on multiple different teams.

I'm all for South Korea getting a chance to shine. But being a World Cup, it doesnt allow any highly disciplined Koreans to play for other countries. Overwatch League does which makes it alot more unpredictable
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2019-04-27 at 07:56 PM.

I mean at the rate that the game is dying it's getting the Hots treatment in a year or two anyway so who cares.

You know they can't just come out and say "We're cancelling it beacuse South Koreans", right?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You know they can't just come out and say "We're cancelling it beacuse South Koreans", right?
    why i also suggested they allow south koreans to play for other countries. do it the way the overwatch league does it. there are south koreans who play for non korean teams now. i dont know if they can play in the world cup tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    While I would find it hilarious if they said that with all the other stupid things they have said like "You all have cell phones dont you?" they wont cancel it. Blizzard really really wants an e-sport even if they have to force it like they are experimenting with things like the MDI. Until they predict the costs outweigh the benefits for their e-sport goal it will exist. Then out of no where it will be dropped like a sack of potatoes like HoTS was with no warning and everyone will be left scrambling.

maybe they could change the format or way players are chosen to offset the korean dominance? And invest more in creating equally disciplined players for other regions so overtime it will be unnessesary.

Or maybe the other countries should git gud and win the koreans.