Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I once say guy so worked up under the influence of XTC that he took a beating including several broken bones! he did not feel pity or remorse or fear and could not be stopped unless killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adrenaline my guy.

3+ Year Old Account
    I was in a fight when i was about 10 years old , and it took 2 grown man to pull me away. And even then they were struggling. I like to compare it to Rock Lee from Naruto disabling the limitations of the body , making you stronger then normal but at the cost of your health.

They say those autistic kids, like 8 year olds, can punch as hard as a grown adult. I'd think you'd have to be severely autistic to do that, like not being able to talk.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping this would be a thread about Tarzan or Mowgli.

That depends, it could be anything between flavor of the month or nerfed into the ground with the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    They say those autistic kids, like 8 year olds, can punch as hard as a grown adult. I'd think you'd have to be severely autistic to do that, like not being able to talk.
    Back in my day, we called it retard strength, it's not very polite or PC now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCP works wonders, my dude.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or being able to start a thread like this or discuss it's subject unironically

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

This kind of thing can absolutely happen when you're so high on adrenaline that you just use all of your strength, even past the point where the strain can damage the body. You can break your bones, tear your muscles but won't feel it, at least until the adrenaline wears off. Makes sense. When that Tiger was coming for your ancestors it was better to survive first and worry about everything else later.

Humans have way more theoretical strength than you'd think. People who were electrocuted have suffered broken bones just from the muscles twitching at maximum, uncontrolled power.
    Ironically alot if people don't know about this but also mock people who have been through it..i used to reach this point alot when i was younger(coincided with my meltdowns( to the point i just thiught normal when pushed too far

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if always on but a meltdown does it too..it is just a variant on fight or flight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lound View Post
    I was in a fight when i was about 10 years old , and it took 2 grown man to pull me away. And even then they were struggling. I like to compare it to Rock Lee from Naruto disabling the limitations of the body , making you stronger then normal but at the cost of your health.
    ....its called a adrenline rush....you didn't get some kind of power, it was literally your hormones doing what hormones do.

Man, I thought this was going to be about how much stronger humans would be if we were raised without society and had to live in the cold and hunt and be like naked animals all our lives. That's something I'd be interested to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Funny that people feel the need to mock OP
    A simple look at OP 's started thread history is all one needs to mock OP , just like this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    Man, I thought this was going to be about how much stronger humans would be if we were raised without society and had to live in the cold and hunt and be like naked animals all our lives. That's something I'd be interested to know.
    You never heard of feral children?

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Yes I have. That's why I am curious, because we know how being raised in the wild away from people can affect your development. As far as I know there have not been any real studies about how a feral human adult would be in terms of strength and other attributes compared to normal humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Funny that people feel the need to mock OP for not knowing what it was called and coming up with a perfectly good description of what they were talking about. Like you people were born with a dictionary in your head and know every word and it's meaning...
    People's reactions have more to do with OP's other threads. I would not be surprised if the OP literally thinks he can turn into a wild animal at will.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    They tend to be weaker then properly nourished children though. They don't turn into Tarzan, they are usually badly malnourished, and survive as scavengers and foragers.

What the OP is referring to is adrenaline, as several other posters have pointed out. As to how high this goes... well we don't really know, but a lot. Anecdotally we have pretty well documented accounts of crazy stuff like people lifting cars off people (This actually happens quite a lot), tearing heavy steel doors off hinges and other such thing. My dad can be seen on a security video throwing 250 lb fire extinguishers about 25 feet straight up during a chemical fire (There was another guy on top of the tank catching them and using them).

This is incredibly hard to study though, because experiments can't really trigger that level of stress unless they are insanely cruel. So antidotes are about all we have. Adrenaline does a lot of weird things, like turbo charging your heart, enlarging your blood vessels, and basically disabling all your safety features. Most of your muscles are capable of contracting so hard they rip off your bones or break them, but obviously your nervous system prevents you from doing that normally.

Anyway, short answer is that we really don't know the limits of this, but it is definitely a real thing, and the limit is probably tied to how much stress your bones/organs can take before they break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    They tend to be weaker then properly nourished children though. They don't turn into Tarzan, they are usually badly malnourished, and survive as scavengers and foragers.

What the OP is referring to is adrenaline, as several other posters have pointed out. As to how high this goes... well we don't really know, but a lot. Anecdotally we have pretty well documented accounts of crazy stuff like people lifting cars off people (This actually happens quite a lot), tearing heavy steel doors off hinges and other such thing. My dad can be seen on a security video throwing 250 lb fire extinguishers about 25 feet straight up during a chemical fire (There was another guy on top of the tank catching them and using them).

This is incredibly hard to study though, because experiments can't really trigger that level of stress unless they are insanely cruel. So antidotes are about all we have. Adrenaline does a lot of weird things, like turbo charging your heart, enlarging your blood vessels, and basically disabling all your safety features. Most of your muscles are capable of contracting so hard they rip off your bones or break them, but obviously your nervous system prevents you from doing that normally.

Anyway, short answer is that we really don't know the limits of this, but it is definitely a real thing, and the limit is probably tied to how much stress your bones/organs can take before they break.
    Also if it happens too often it can put your body on permanent alert and mess up your entire body as in hormones. Thyroid and entire endocribe ststem if i recall right..

3+ Year Old Account
    don't forget about travel form I mean state

No no, from this day and forward it will no longer be known as adrenaline, but feral state xD
    Ah feral state. I'm fucking dying.