Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    We didn't talk about it much, but both my parents voted for fairly centrist parties. Just slightly to either side of the middle. Of their 3 children, one votes left, one votes right, and one shifts about the center a bit.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Yes yes keep delude yourself into believing you're actually doing anything worthwhile with your military spending. I couldn't care less, and not all of Europe is a member of NATO.
    That's true. Ukraine isn't. They got invaded and everyone watched and did nothing, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Wrong. Fox is in the middle, CNN is extreme left.

    My mom doesn't really think about politics a lot. My dad is to the right - Wants low taxes, thinks take care of yourself or rot, pro smashing criminals, but doesn't care if gays marry or a woman has an abortion. I'm with him on most issues but I am much further to the right than he is. Sister is EXTREME left, like some of the crazies on this forum.
    HEYYYYY, another fucking thing you are wrong about. Fox isn't middle, they are far right, CNN isn't extreme left, they haven't moved. And it sounds like your sister is the sane one in the family.
    Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Wrong. Fox is in the middle, CNN is extreme left.

    My mom doesn't really think about politics a lot. My dad is to the right - Wants low taxes, thinks take care of yourself or rot, pro smashing criminals, but doesn't care if gays marry or a woman has an abortion. I'm with him on most issues but I am much further to the right than he is. Sister is EXTREME left, like some of the crazies on this forum.
    Depending on your point of view:

    Nazis are radical fight, FOX News is centrist and the beacon of freedom, CNN and Europe is radical left and bordering on soviet because they are on the side of eliminating voting rights and wiping out capitalism.

    OR

    Nazis are radical right, Fox is radical right and they want to install a male white christian dictatorship, CNN is centrist, and Europe is center left and the beacon of freedom.

    Fun huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Is this like literally a joke? Fox need centrist?
    No more of a joke than you saying CNN is not left wing. Fox news refers to men like Bruce Jenner as "she" that's pretty left wing. Luckily they balance it out by poiting out CNN's left wing bias, so yes, I say middle of the road for Fox.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    HEYYYYY, another fucking thing you are wrong about. Fox isn't middle, they are far right, CNN isn't extreme left, they haven't moved. And it sounds like your sister is the sane one in the family.
    See Above.

  6. #126
    none

    we aren't lunatics

  7. #127
    Bloodsail Admiral Nasuuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Liberal <> left wing
    in america it is.

    Our left hijacked the term liberal and raped it into nonsense

  8. #128
    Grew up with a soft-left Lib Dem father and a conservative Persian mother. I take after my father a lot and was politically similar to him in my teens and early 20s, and then like many people I became more conservative/libertarian as I gained life experience. I also learned about the evil of the cult of islam from how my mother's family was treated in the revolution so I'm thankful that I have more insight than your average westerner. These days my father has actually abandoned many of his "progressive" beliefs in the last few years as they have become untenable. Our whole family voted Leave and he even found himself being pro-Trump. He stopped reading the Economist and the Guardian, waking up to the amount of fake news and he is now getting his information from more varied independent sources. I think he is typical of his boomer generation that grew up blindly trusting establishment politics and establishment media, and it's difficult for them to let go.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Fox news refers to men like Bruce Jenner as "she" that's pretty left wing.
    So calling someone who comes out as a trans woman, goes through transition, gets sex reassignment operation and legally changes their gender to woman a "woman" is left-wing?

    I genuinely think some of you people aren't real people sometimes.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    So calling someone who comes out as a trans woman, goes through transition, gets sex reassignment operation and legally changes their gender to woman a "woman" is left-wing?

    I genuinely think some of you people aren't real people sometimes.
    I genuinely think the same about you, honestly. If you are born a male you are male for life, nothing in this world can change it, ever, at least not at our current level of tech. surgery, makeup and changing your name does not change that fact.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I genuinely think the same about you, honestly. If you are born a male you are male for life, nothing in this world can change it, ever, at least not at our current level of tech. surgery, makeup and changing your name does not change that fact.
    Yet you don't get to decide that. That's the thing I'm having a problem with. For some reason, people like you think they are the authority to have the final decision on everything without having any knowledge about anything at all.

    I don't get to decide if Caitlyn Jenner is a woman or not because I know I'm not the expert on this matter and I'm fine with it, why can't you?

  12. #132
    Elemental Lord Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,550
    My parents are conservative, Daegu is pretty conservative. I'm looking to move to maybe Busan if I can now.

  13. #133
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say I grew up in quite a left wing family , all labour supporters.
    You really need to define left/right wing.

    US democrats are (by Americans) considered left wing, but from a European PoV, US Democrats is very right wing... US Republicans (considered right wing by Americans) are "very very mega off the scale right wing" from European PoV where no (or very few) European counter pieces exist.

    With that in mind, even the most left orientated Democrat, would consider 90% of Europeans ultra left wing.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Yet you don't get to decide that. That's the thing I'm having a problem with. For some reason, people like you think they are the authority to have the final decision on everything without having any knowledge about anything at all.

    I don't get to decide if Caitlyn Jenner is a woman or not because I know I'm not the expert on this matter and I'm fine with it, why can't you?
    There are plenty of things I am not the expert on and don't get to decide. I do know HE can't change HIS chromosomes. He doesn't have female reproductive organs. He doesn't have mammary glads, and never did (don't try to say "oh so women with breast cancer aren't women!? Already heard that lame argument, already stopped you) You are what you are born as. There are two genders, male and female. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. Trust the kid from Kindergarten Cop.

  15. #135
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. Trust the kid from Kindergarten Cop.



    So true!!
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-04-29 at 07:55 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    HEYYYYY, another fucking thing you are wrong about. Fox isn't middle, they are far right, CNN isn't extreme left, they haven't moved. And it sounds like your sister is the sane one in the family.
    ah yes the good old "everyone who is not with me is extremist" Fox far right,good joke.



    Both my parents were leading their own bussiness and working hard. They were not much into supporting lazy people and were right wing.

  17. #137
    Fairly right leaning about non economic stuff, left when it comes to economical policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    There are plenty of things I am not the expert on and don't get to decide. I do know HE can't change HIS chromosomes. He doesn't have female reproductive organs. He doesn't have mammary glads, and never did (don't try to say "oh so women with breast cancer aren't women!? Already heard that lame argument, already stopped you) You are what you are born as. There are two genders, male and female. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. Trust the kid from Kindergarten Cop.
    And intersex people don't exist of course, maybe you should expand your horizon beyond 90's comedies? But no, I'm sure that you think you know enough about the matter to make the ultimate decision even though people with more knowledge than you say otherwise. Even a backward country like Iran accepts the existence of trans people, but I'm sure that calling someone who is legally a woman "she" is the epitome of left-wing behaviour.

  19. #139
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,090
    I'm not American, so moderate, well-balanced, and discussing ideas on their individual merits instead of "which side" they belong to.
    If World of Warcraft has taught me anything, it's that teaching a crowd something is far harder than teaching individuals.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You really need to define left/right wing.

    US democrats are (by Americans) considered left wing, but from a European PoV, US Democrats is very right wing... US Republicans (considered right wing by Americans) are "very very mega off the scale right wing" from European PoV where no (or very few) European counter pieces exist.

    With that in mind, even the most left orientated Democrat, would consider 90% of Europeans ultra left wing.
    This was the case a long time ago (during B Clinton for example) but certainly not the case any longer. The Democrat party has gone so far to the left that they are more or less in-line with European radical socialists. Open borders, replacing family with government, anti-christianity, extreme taxation, demographic replacement, censorship, loss of self-defence rights, child hormone experimentation and all sorts of other anti-traditionalist ideas.

    Millennial Americans probably won't have noticed the shift as they are too young to remember when the Democrat party was more or less in line with everything Trump says today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •