Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Thinking about growing my hair back out. Which looks better on me?

    So, I'm notoriously self-conscious, so I constantly second-guess myself. I cut my hair last year (which hey, I donated it to a group making wigs for kids hair loss), but kinda been going back-and-forth if I should grow it back out or not.

    Anyone who's grown their hair out knows about the dreaded "awkward stage", and I'm right on the cusp of entering that. Basically, I need to either commit to growing it out, or just keep it short (because growing it any longer is basically a 10-month vow of celibacy).

    I can't upload a current picture. I've lost just over 25 lbs since the "long hair" pics (about the same weight as my "short hair"), with a lot more work to go. So, uhh, no need to point out "lose some weight, bruh".

    Anyways, here we go, in chronological order:

    https://i.imgur.com/eRAIlc1.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/2mGiR3V.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/uxgcuhL.jpg

    Just go with your knee-jerk reaction! Hell, what's your first impression? And how old would you guess I was?

    If you guys have any other suggestions, I'm totally open to those, too! If I grow my hair back out, I'd probably let my beard grow out more and try and leave it less "pointed" at the bottom.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Heran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Indonesia/Singapore
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I cut my hair last year
    Uploaded 2017

    Huh?
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-04-15 at 08:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,336
    Stick with the shorter hair, looks better.

    The curlyness to your long hair really isn't working in your favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Stick with the shorter hair, looks better.

    The curlyness to your long hair really isn't working in your favor.
    This gets my vote, But I don't think long curly hair suits many men.

  5. #5
    Knee jerk says you look best in number 1, the worst in number 2, but #3 isn't bad. I think you should stay like you are in #1.

    If I had to guess, I would put you in your late 20s but you also look like the kind of vampire-never-age person. So, 31.

  6. #6
    Totally stay with shorter hair and a trimmed beard. Cute af
    RETH

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Knee jerk says you look best in number 1, the worst in number 2, but #3 isn't bad. I think you should stay like you are in #1.

    If I had to guess, I would put you in your late 20s but you also look like the kind of vampire-never-age person. So, 31.
    Well, not the first time I've been told I look like a vampire (insert "ginger has no soul" joke), but that was one HELL of a guess! 31. I've gotten guesses ranging a full gambit of "early-20's" to "early 40's" (which I'd say both were clear signs I should've started losing weight much sooner).

    So far, "short hair" seems to be winning. Might stick with it after all.

  8. #8
    I liked the first one best, the glasses in the second one are also a good fit for you.

    I'd guess 27

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So, I'm notoriously self-conscious, so I constantly second-guess myself. I cut my hair last year (which hey, I donated it to a group making wigs for kids hair loss), but kinda been going back-and-forth if I should grow it back out or not.

    Anyone who's grown their hair out knows about the dreaded "awkward stage", and I'm right on the cusp of entering that. Basically, I need to either commit to growing it out, or just keep it short (because growing it any longer is basically a 10-month vow of celibacy).

    I can't upload a current picture. I've lost just over 25 lbs since the "long hair" pics (about the same weight as my "short hair"), with a lot more work to go. So, uhh, no need to point out "lose some weight, bruh".

    Anyways, here we go, in chronological order:

    https://i.imgur.com/eRAIlc1.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/2mGiR3V.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/uxgcuhL.jpg

    Just go with your knee-jerk reaction! Hell, what's your first impression? And how old would you guess I was?

    If you guys have any other suggestions, I'm totally open to those, too! If I grow my hair back out, I'd probably let my beard grow out more and try and leave it less "pointed" at the bottom.
    This is not meant as an insult but here are my first impressions and my guess at your age in each one.

    1. Hair looks stylish and clean. Gives off a "hey I am a serious guy but I enjoy having some good fun". Age: 25
    2. Hair looks taken care of but makes it look like you don't want to deal with plebs. Age: 33
    3. Hair looks amazing! Such glorious stuff you have going on there. Makes you look older as well but a bit more laid back than #2. Age: 33

    Again, don't want to sound like a douche so I hope you don't take offense lol Edit: just realized I didn't provide my pick. Definitely go with #1. You look at log younger and more down to earth and easy going.

  10. #10
    Thinking about growing my back hair out.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well, not the first time I've been told I look like a vampire (insert "ginger has no soul" joke), but that was one HELL of a guess! 31. I've gotten guesses ranging a full gambit of "early-20's" to "early 40's" (which I'd say both were clear signs I should've started losing weight much sooner).

    So far, "short hair" seems to be winning. Might stick with it after all.
    Nailed it!

    But everyone places me around 27, but I am almost 34... so I tend to be good at guessing.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    3,966
    Is there a reason why all your pictures have a downward angle? No upward angles?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Is there a reason why all your pictures have a downward angle? No upward angles?
    Besides the fact no one looks good from upward angles but especially not fat dudes?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Is there a reason why all your pictures have a downward angle? No upward angles?
    It makes you look thinner. There are a lot of photos online of fat chicks who raise the camera and turn their body to hide the fat.

    Shave your head and grow that beard. Think Jebidia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    3,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Besides the fact no one looks good from upward angles but especially not fat dudes?
    No one looks good from an upward angle? Sounds like a wager. *Scrambles to find a camera*
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thinking about growing my back hair out.

    It's like most of his body has Hypertrichosis but the upper part of his face forgot it's supposed to be suffering from the same condition.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  17. #17
    The Forgettable Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,880
    The shorter hair looks way better.

  18. #18
    The first picture is the best look on you.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So, I'm notoriously self-conscious, so I constantly second-guess myself. I cut my hair last year (which hey, I donated it to a group making wigs for kids hair loss), but kinda been going back-and-forth if I should grow it back out or not.

    Anyone who's grown their hair out knows about the dreaded "awkward stage", and I'm right on the cusp of entering that. Basically, I need to either commit to growing it out, or just keep it short (because growing it any longer is basically a 10-month vow of celibacy).

    I can't upload a current picture. I've lost just over 25 lbs since the "long hair" pics (about the same weight as my "short hair"), with a lot more work to go. So, uhh, no need to point out "lose some weight, bruh".

    Anyways, here we go, in chronological order:

    https://i.imgur.com/eRAIlc1.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/2mGiR3V.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/uxgcuhL.jpg

    Just go with your knee-jerk reaction! Hell, what's your first impression? And how old would you guess I was?

    If you guys have any other suggestions, I'm totally open to those, too! If I grow my hair back out, I'd probably let my beard grow out more and try and leave it less "pointed" at the bottom.

    1 and 3 are ok but middle is super soy latte, so anything but that.

  20. #20
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,747
    Yeah, picture #1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •