Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Neither.

Just a normal family that worked and lived for their own instead of projecting their issues on others, as well as keeping the politics of their homeland away from their children.

i grew up with a family that didnt give a shit about politics because they knew they, as a single family, had less than 0% chance of making even the slightest bit of a difference. i also dont really give a shit about politics.

I would say mine was split, my mother could care less about anything political. My father whom in his own words before he passed talked how conservatism has changed to the point that it is not about the overall uplifting of the poor but more akin to boot licking corporate leeches. He voted for the right until 2012 but was strong on abortion rights and other things the left covets so i would say he was center right perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say I grew up in quite a left wing family , all labour supporters.
    where is the centrist family option that doesnt engrain them selves to one side because of indoctrination?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Very much a right wing family. That said, right wing when I was a kid would be the equivalent to a moderate Democrat today.

Both Democrats and Republicans have moved significantly to the right over my lifetime. My father and a number of uncles got suckered by the fear mongering and moved to the extreme right to stay with Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Absolutely no one is claiming the US can have universal health care and not raise taxes. That is impossible. They will go up substantially.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is covered by the US military via the NATO pact which obligates it to protect it in case it gets invaded. The NATO pact doesn't obligate the US to station a huge freaking army in Germany. Armies are mobile and at the first sign of aggression, the US can move in to protect Europe. That means Europe is free to not spend anything on military and can pour resources into universal health care.

That why one republican option is to tell Europe to either start paying a defense tax to the US or the US drops out of the NATO pact and won't protect Europe. Europe can build its own military to stop Putin or China or whomever else, and cut its universal health care to cover it.
    Yes yes keep delude yourself into believing you're actually doing anything worthwhile with your military spending. I couldn't care less, and not all of Europe is a member of NATO.

I don't know. And I think that's how it really should be.

Thankfully my parents didn't give much of a fuck for politics. I honestly never knew who each one of my parents voted for and I doubt they knew each others vote either.

My parents are completely disinterested in politics.

Left wing. They all vote for the democrats.

Dad is right, mum is a hippy but votes right because our left wing politicians in Australia are fucked in the head

Left wing family. Mother mostly apolitical but father was always a leftie. Grandparents on the other hand are the exact opposite.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Used to be centrist but then the right went crazy and pushed us to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Used to be centrist but then the right went crazy and pushed us to the left.
    If you're American no one really moved... except the right.

Not really a big topic in our family, but pretty moderate with some left leaning. Then again, compared to the US we're all commies.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If you're American no one really moved... except the right.
    Nah, Australian.

I suppose we didn't move so much as the right went further right so we no longer feel like voting for either depending on the last few years. It's just all left all the time because the right has decided not to use science in legislation.

Both sides aren't equal so I see no value in the Fox News republican. And cnn isn't liberal... it is centrist.
    Come on......

I distrust both parties and don't trust any major news outlet enough to watch them but part of the wikileaks was an email from John Podesta where he told another person in Hillary's campaign that they had a large number of journalists on their side who they could literally email talking points to and that journalist would then write an article or do an on air segment based on those points. He then listed around 30 journalists and about 20 of them were from cnn. They are not centrist.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2019-04-29 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Politics wasn't a thing in my house, to be honest my family didn't give fuck about it because they was to focused on living and surviving.
    Pretty much the same in my house but they still voted republican which always puzzled me. I got shat on for voting democrat when I was able to start voting in 1998. I love them but fuck them, its my choice get the fuck over it.

Also, they kind of rubbed off on me because I can't stand the annoying SJW (there is nothing wrong with actual social justice btw, its what should be striven for always) types online even though I'm liberal.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure no one in my family votes

Both sides aren't equal so I see no value in the Fox News republican. And cnn isn't liberal... it is centrist.
    Wrong. Fox is in the middle, CNN is extreme left.

My mom doesn't really think about politics a lot. My dad is to the right - Wants low taxes, thinks take care of yourself or rot, pro smashing criminals, but doesn't care if gays marry or a woman has an abortion. I'm with him on most issues but I am much further to the right than he is. Sister is EXTREME left, like some of the crazies on this forum.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2019-04-29 at 12:44 AM.