Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1000+ guilds on mythic Jaina

Less than 500 kills and only two months and change to the next tier.

Do you think this extremely poorly designed RNG fight sees nerfs before then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Jaina is well done. There is some RNG, but I sure prefer it to Ghuun spreadsheet nightmare.

People needs to Git Gud otherwise their life will be really hard if they are hardstuck in a videogame crying for nerfs to compensate their lacks of skill(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Jaina is well done. There is some RNG, but I sure prefer it to Ghuun spreadsheet nightmare.
    I think I prefer G'huun to hey I spawned two icefalls on you in p3 causing an automatic wipe when you have to move halfway across the room.

It's a good fight. The only RNG element that actually wipes you is Icefall, and it happens rarely. My guild got rank 270 or something, and we had like 250 wipes. Of those 250 wipes, I'd say maybe 20 were purely down to RNG. The rest were because either we were still learning or because people played like shit.

The reason a 1000 guilds are on Jaina is not because there's something wrong with the Jaina fight, it's because the previous fights are too easy.
    Last edited by Sezh; 2019-04-29 at 08:42 AM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think I prefer G'huun to hey I spawned two icefalls on you in p3 causing an automatic wipe when you have to move halfway across the room.
    I take anything over G'huun and his "Oh you don't have 2+ warlocks and roster full of a wheelchair specs ? Well good luck then"

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    It's a good fight. The only RNG element that actually wipes you is Icefall, and it happens rarely. My guild got rank 270 or something, and we had over 300 wipes. Of those 300 wipes, I'd say maybe 20 were purely down to RNG. The rest were because either were still learning or because people played like shit.
    I can't think of a fight before this where the mechanics could just outright cause you to lose no matter what you did. Even worse that it happens right at the end. And 20 attempts out of 300 is pretty common for something so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    I take anything over G'huun and his "Oh you don't have 2+ warlocks and roster full of a wheelchair specs ? Well good luck then"
    Shrug, we just geared some people's warlock alts and it wasn't a big deal.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-04-29 at 08:44 AM.

They could delete icefall and it would be the best nerf they could give the fight.

Nothing about that ability is hard or interesting, it just fucks you over sometimes.

I can't think of a fight before this where the mechanics could just outright cause you to lose no matter what you did. Even worse that it happens right at the end. And 20 attempts out of 300 is pretty common for something so bad.
    KJ Obelisk.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that's just Icefalls. P1 can be just as cringy - I don't think I've ever seen a boss having a different pull each time, with some of them being pretty much "welp, everything is on fire, might as well wipe."

Compared to that, G'huun only really had Boils rng and these were massively nerfed. Jaina nerfs were miniscule in comparison - especially for those who used the 'boat strat' for intermission.

Not to mention that P3 clearly wasn't how the devs intended the fight to go, what with their recent Lance/Elemental changes... which don't really affect anything. It's a huge mess of an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    KJ Obelisk.
    To be fair that was nerfed fairly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If P3 ice fall is what truly stands between you and the kill then you have a kill in a couple of pulls anyway.

I bet for those 1k guilds P3 Ice Wall is not even the actual issue.

I think it's an unfun fight overall. I have never liked extreme RNG in fights, because it makes it very difficult to learn a strategy, but more importantly because it's just plain not fun. And it isn't just RNG, it's RNG that straight up instantly causes a wipe, which is even more frustrating when these fights are so long. I'd rather not set the bar at "Well, at least it isn't G'huun" because that's as low as it goes.

I think they need to stop with this obscene idea that the last boss in a mythic raid has to be miles above the difficulty progression of all other bosses because they need to give some reason for non-top 500 mythic raiders to pay every month, then release another overturned, 2 boss mini-raid with one boss the difficulty of M Jaina to hold over the top 500 guilds. I mean I'm sorry but if our guild can wipe out one mythic boss every week or two max, but then spend THREE MONTHS on Mythic Jaina, then you either accidentally fucked up, or you intentionally fucked up.
    Last edited by La; 2019-04-29 at 09:19 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I thought the p1 RNG and icefall RNG were pretty stupid but this didn’t really cost that many more pulls. Maybe 30 or so overall came down to RNG and that’s it. I don’t personally like the fight that much but saying it’s all RNG is an over exaggeration. The RNG this fight has won’t cost you more than 20-30 pulls out of your total pull count assuming your pull count is somewhere from 300-400 pulls. This doesn’t excuse the RNG though, it made the fight a whole lot less fun for me personally.

Not only that but I’m assuming they’ll nerf Jaina at some point. They gave her some smaller nerfs already but they practically neutered ghuun with nerfs so I expect we’ll see the same for Jaina as we get closer to 8.2. I hope the nerfs won’t neuter the fight like it did for ghuun but either way I’d expect nerfs.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-29 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I think it's an unfun fight overall. I have never liked extreme RNG in fights, because it makes it very difficult to learn a strategy, but more importantly because it's just plain not fun. And it isn't just RNG, it's RNG that straight up instantly causes a wipe, which is even more frustrating when these fights are so long. I'd rather not set the bar at "Well, at least it isn't G'huun" because that's as low as it goes.

I think they need to stop with this obscene idea that the last boss in a mythic raid has to be miles above the difficulty progression of all other bosses because they need to give some reason for non-top 500 mythic raiders to pay every month, then release another overturned, 2 boss mini-raid with one boss the difficulty of M Jaina to hold over the top 500 guilds. I mean I'm sorry but if our guild can wipe out one mythic boss every week or two max, but then spend THREE MONTHS on Mythic Jaina, then you either accidentally fucked up, or you intentionally fucked up.
    as others have said that actually killed jaina on mythic: RNG on this fight only messes with you for a small percentage of wipes.
    other wipes are just by player mess ups
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If P3 ice fall is what truly stands between you and the kill then you have a kill in a couple of pulls anyway.

I bet for those 1k guilds P3 Ice Wall is not even the actual issue.
    Well no the issue is it's a very demanding encounter. The RNG is just highly frustrating for an encounter this tough.

I dont understand all those hardcore people sacrificing every night to raid mythic, it's to a certain point not enjoyable anymore but purely obligation. It gives no gratification in real life and the waste of time is real.
    Last edited by Ohmmega; 2019-04-29 at 11:37 AM.

My guild just got to it a week ago and I'm pretty sure at least 5 people will quit either during or after it dies

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmmega View Post
    I dont understand all those hardcore people sacrificing every night to raid mythic, it's to a certain point not enjoyable anymore but purely obligation. It gives gratification in real life and the waste of time is real.
    I bet the majority of players that are doing mythic raid 2 days a week which isn't much. The satisfaction of killing a boss that you've been working on for possibly weeks is a good feeling.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2019-04-29 at 10:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmmega View Post
    I dont understand all those hardcore people sacrificing every night to raid mythic, it's to a certain point not enjoyable anymore but purely obligation. It gives gratification in real life and the waste of time is real.
    It's possible to get cutting edge with just 2 raid days per week for 4 hours each. But yeah, all these hardcore guilds raiding 5 days per week but not competing for world firsts are kinda strange in my eyes too. But everyone has other hobbies they prefer, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    The satisfaction of killing a boss that you've been working on for possibly weeks is a good feeling.
    Fuuuuck no lol the only thing I enjoy after finishing some annoying shit is that it's finally over.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself