Poll: Sweden or Spain

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Spain or Sweden

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Spain or Sweden

If you had to live in one of the countries in Europe?

Spain

Weather
    The inland areas of the Iberian Peninsula, on the Central Plateau, have a Csa or Csb Mediterranean climates with greater seasonal differences than the coast. The summers are usually hotter than in the coast, regularly exceeding 35 °C (95 °F). By contrast, there are low temperatures in winter, from cool to cold winters, with temperatures below 0 °C (32 °F) not being uncommon. At cities with altitude above 1000m like Álava or Segovia, the temperatures under −5 °C (23 °F) are not uncommon, dropping up to −10 °C (14 °F) or more during Arctic cold waves.[8] The cold increases the higher the altitude is. These are often accompanied by moderate snowfall. Although it rarely rains during summer, there is often heavy rainfall in spring and autumn.[citation needed] Cities with this climate are Madrid, Ciudad Real, Logroño, and Ávila.

Taxes in Spain are levied by national (federal), regional and local governments. Tax revenue in Spain stood at 36.3% of GDP in 2013.A wide range of taxes are levied on different sources, the most important ones being income tax, social security contributions, corporate tax, value added tax; some of them are applied at national level and others at national and regional levels. Most national and regional taxes are collected by the Agencia Estatal de Administración Tributaria which is the bureau responsible for collecting taxes at the national level. Other minor taxes like property transfer tax (regional), real estate property tax (local), road tax (local) are collected directly by regional or local administrations

Sweden

Temperatures
    The highest temperature ever recorded in Sweden was 38 °C (100 °F) in Målilla in 1947, while the coldest temperature ever recorded was −52.6 °C (−62.7 °F) in Vuoggatjålme in 1966.

During July there is not much difference in temperature between the north and south of the country. With the exception of in the mountains, the whole country has a July-average temperature within the range of 15 °C (59 °F) to 17.5 °C (63.5 °F) (a difference of 2.5 degrees Celsius), while the January-average temperatures vary from freezing point down to below −15 °C (5 °F) along the border with Finland (a difference of 15 degrees Celsius)

Taxation in Sweden
    On average, 27% of taxpayer's money in Sweden goes to education and healthcare, whereas 5% goes to the police and military, and 42% to social security.

The typical worker receives 40% of his or her labour costs after the tax wedge. Total tax collected by Sweden as a percentage of its GDP peaked at 52.3% in 1990.The country faced a real estate and banking crisis in 1990–1991, and consequently passed tax reforms in 1991 to implement tax rate cuts and tax base broadening over time. Since 1990, taxes as a percentage of GDP collected by Sweden have been dropping, with total tax rates for the highest income earners dropping the most.In 2010 45.8% of the country's GDP was collected as taxes, the second highest among OECD countries, and nearly double the percentage in the US or South Korea.
    This is not a which is better which is worse, just a which would you prefer to live in if you had to, which would be more preferable for you.

By the way I am picking Sweden because fuck those Spain Temperatures, I am a Minnesota Native.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-04-30 at 07:01 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Considering where I live now, spain would be the more interesting option. Sweden is far too similar to finland.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Been to Spain multiple times, nice country, although wouldn't want to live there permanently. Far too hot for my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already live in Sweden, would still live in Sweden.
    I can't deal with hot weather at all, anything over 24c and I'm dead.

I hate hot weather, but moving to Sweden is not something to be taken likely for a proud dane.

Also, why did you pick taxes and weather to be "important" to consider? Even though taxes are higher in sweden, so are wages, so overall you will have more disposable income. The level if english spoken is also far higher in Sweden compared to Spain. The cultural differences are also seriously worth considering. I would actually argue that level of taxation is one of the least relevant factors to ever consider if it stands alone, without considering where the money goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy Sweden. I hate hot weather.

Live in sweden and been to spain two times or cran canaria, i would live in sweden in summer times and spain when it's winter in sweden.

You can always put on another layer of clothing, but once you're naked you can still be boiling hot sweating your ass off.

Cold > Warm, always.

Spain only if I get full air conditioning in the place where I'd live.
    Economically I'd chose sweden.

Living in Sweden and have to continue to live here because my medicine is expensive and everything else health related.
    But if I was healthy why not try Spain (but i probably move to Philippines instead).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m visiting my family in Vegas this June. Which means an average of something silly like 38C. I will likely revert to my vampire ways of sleeping during the middle of the day and being up when the temperatures cooperate.
    That's essentially what I did when we had our heatwave last summer.
    24c at night and like 33c+ during the days, was horrible.

I live somewhere with a climate like Spain where people speak Spanish a lot. Sweden would be a new experience for me so I picked that.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the balearic islands also count ? then Spain !

Sweden. I hate heat... I like the mild temperature we have during spring and fall and we can go snowboarding during winter without travelling far and can still go to beach during summer... Rarely it's pleasent to swim tho, but sunbathing is alright.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no difference in living in Finland or Sweden so I have no real reason to want to move to Sweden. Hence if I wanted something different, Spain it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I've been living in Spain for 11 years. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

A point a lot of people miss is that Spain has a shocking range of climates for a country of its size.

The north central and north western regions of the country have a climate much akin to that of the UK or Ireland. Mild summers, mild winters, abundance of rain.

Only about 60% of the country would fall into what's considered hot, and only about 40% what is considered hot hot. Think of southern to Northern Cali.

I live in Madrid, and we just started hitting the 25 to 27 degree Celsius ranges, it was still in the mid 10's a week ago.

The Spanish sun is also like crack cocaine. It warms you to the bones, even in winter, it invites you to be outside all the time and just makes you feel good. Once you are hooked on it, you just can't live without your daily 12 hours of sunshine.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2019-04-30 at 09:11 PM.

Sweden. Would love to meet Loreen and ask for authograph :3

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Spanish economy wrecked?

Spain for sure. Better, more varied food, and Spanish chicks are hot.

On holiday: either, they both seem pleasant enough. To live: probably Sweden because the hot climate in Spain would be off-putting.