[Idea] Healing Priest special questchain: The Dark Revelation

Hello!

So I've just had this idea and thought it could be cool now we're going into Old God and Void stuff. The reward would be, similarly to Warlock's fel fire, the ability to change our Holy healing spells (for Disc too) into Void spells.

The fantasy involved in this is relatable to Void cultists, Twilight Hammer members or Old God prophets. It could also make Void Elf and Undead healing priests feel kinda less awkward, even if both are arguably fine lorewise anyway.

The quest could begin after getting N'zoth's eye on our forehead or retrieving some other special item. The quests could drive us to visit C'thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'shaarj, N'zoth and why not, Xal'atath as we hustle to unveil their dark revelation.

What do you think?

Twitter: @Azapls - Check out my expansion concepts!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Hello!

So I've just had this idea and thought it could be cool now we're going into Old God and Void stuff. The reward would be, similarly to Warlock's fel fire, the ability to change our Holy healing spells (for Disc too) into Void spells.

The fantasy involved in this is relatable to Void cultists, Twilight Hammer members or Old God prophets. It could also make Void Elf and Undead healing priests feel kinda less awkward, even if both are arguably fine lorewise anyway.

The quest could begin after getting N'zoth's eye on our forehead or retrieving some other special item. The quests could drive us to visit C'thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'shaarj, N'zoth and why not, Xal'atath as we hustle to unveil their dark revelation.

What do you think?
    The void is not a force of healing. Not without a toll. I think having void spells heal without any kind of drawback would be highly damaging not only to the lore...but the general theme of the "elements". I get it, you want to have a "dark" character and be able to use stuff that is not dark (=healing) without looking stupid....but imho that's not really something you SHOULD wish for. It's like wanting to be an unforgiving, brutal Warrior who does not take shit from anybody - but at the same time a great, selfless friend, loving husband and father. You cannot have it all. You have to settle for a theme for a character...and if this theme is void (or undeath) than you cannot really mix it with healing that does not involve heavy drawbacks.

What i would like them to change is Radiance for Disc. The theme for Disc is "Holy for damage, void/shadow/fire for Healing (with a cost)"...Radiance sticks out.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-30 at 09:10 PM.

So why exactly can't we ask for the favor of the Void to heal even if apparently we are already pawns that are performing just what the Void has already planned for us to do?

I mean, other RPG systems embrace the ideas of non-lawful good light worshipping deities and it's just as perfect. In Warcraft, the concept isn't that it's nonvalid, it's just unexplored.

I don't believe seeing dark forces heal would be damaging, in fact, it could but reinforce the fact that all elements are essentially neutral and give more depth to Priests' theme. As we've already seen with the light, assuming elements are bound to specific alignments is a plain error.

Twitter: @Azapls - Check out my expansion concepts!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Hello!

What do you think?
    Disc has an voidish healing spell, but it should stop there imo. Leave it for shadow.

Two birds with one stone. Make another class skin and make something for master Azalar. You will have your concept art sometime in the next week.

Edit: It is done in my class skins thread.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-06-22 at 03:34 PM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.