Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Look at all of those shitposters on the first page, blaming all of their problems on women.
    The take away of the last few years of the internet is basically:

(1) Being able to be extremely racist, particularly using the N-word freely without social reprocussions is really, really important to some people. Some folks just don't like minorities, especially black people.

(2) Some dudes have real problems with women in general, and even more problems with women in positions of authority (either in general or over them). It's impossible to look at this as anything more than people projecting their insecurities. Really. Every guy who goes on about "feminism", I just want to ask "okay now tell me about the woman who friendzoned you" or something. That, and it starts at home. Guys who say shitty things about women probably saw their dad do it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i'll say up front that i am biased against your point because we share diametrically opposing views on the nature of culture, but i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

uh, where is this pushed exactly? i don't see anything resembling this present in any facet of life.

i'll grant you that there has been an increase in the portrayal of socially egregious "toxic" masculinity (ie: the attitude of women as property, minorities as inferior, white men as being entitled to everything, etc, being a bad thing for society) but that's an increase in the suggestion these attitudes are bad, there hasn't been a removal of positive portrayals of that same behavior nor has there ceased to be a glorification of masculine norms, certainly not in the mainstream.

can you provide some examples of what you're referring to here?

i'm feeling inclined to disagree with you here, both in the notion that "social media" is telling people to be pissed off, or at the characterization that you're a piece of shit for doing so.
    i'd certainly agree that there are currents within mainstream pop culture pointing out issues to be upset about, but i'm not seeing any denigration of productive anger at these issues: ie political activism, championing social change, making changes in your own life and perceptions.
    though i can certainly see there being pushback against "anger" at these issues being violence, denigration of others, hateful rhetoric, or doubling-down on the oppression of minorities.

well not to be casually dismissive of you but this is just a festering pile of utter and complete bullshit.
    How many commercials, sitcoms and movies have you seen where the men are portrayed as bumbling idiots who cant do anything right? These are out there .

Kids , especially young boys are being put on pyschotropic drugs to calm them down because schools and parents cant handle a boy who plays rough, has a lot of energy , gets distracted. You can disagree with it all you like, does not mean it is not happening.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by xwolf1989 View Post
    so if i get called a nazi on twitter because im white its not racism because nazis were white? ok.....
    pro tip: it is literally impossible to just create an account on twitter and post about how tasty chocolate chip cookies are and be called a nazi.
    if you're being called a nazi somewhere it's because you said some shit that sounded fucking nazi like.

i am an aggressive, volatile personality who posts a shitload across dozens of social media platforms engaging in angered debate on sensitive topics, and i've never once in 15 years of near constant online debate been called a nazi.

the simple reality is that if you don't like being called a nazi, stop being a fucking nazi.
    if you don't like being called a racist, stop being a fucking racist.
    those of us who aren't racist nazis are never, ever being called racists or nazis, even when they're 40-something land owning white men like me.
    the problem isn't culture, the problem is you.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2019-04-29 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    What do you call women who blame all of their problems on Men?
    Individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    How many commercials, sitcoms and movies have you seen where the men are portrayed as bumbling idiots who cant do anything right? These are out there
    how many commercials, sitcoms, and movies have you seen where the women are portrayed as nagging shrews who can't do anything without a man?
    this has literally been a trope in film and TV since film and TV existed, so i can't even begin to imagine how this can be taken as evidence for some kind of recent change in the cultural landscape.

Kids , especially young boys are being put on pyschotropic drugs to calm them down because schools and parents cant handle a boy who plays rough, has a lot of energy , gets distracted. You can disagree with it all you like, does not mean it is not happening.
    and you making a wildly preposterous claim without specifics or evidence doesn't mean it IS happening, so i'm afraid you leave me no choice but to reference my original comment to this claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I blame idiots like Jordan Peterson and a lot of other nut jobs who think some how because someone is born with a penis and a heart beat they are anymore entitled than anyone else, couple that with making everything about being defensive nothing is my fault from the I think everyone else thinks everything is my fault. Not being responsible for one singular behavior rather than making it about everything else.

People have always been angry, young men hell even young women, the problem is that in and of itself doesn't mean anything, and when you have bullshit artist trying to provide simple answers for things that can be very complex, well then viola.

You get droves entitled dicks who are shallow, weak, and overly flattered, who in turn become ultra judgmental of everyone else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

People are lonelier than ever these days, society has become pretty alienating in the last 20 years. Wages are stagnant for most people and cost of living is going up faster than wages. Young people especially are as a whole in huge amounts of debt compared to previous generations. Cost of real estate has gone up far faster than wages in many areas.

All the things millennials' parents had seem permanently out of reach for a large percentage of millennials. Most young people are doing worse than their parents did.

It's a stressful time for all these reasons, stress makes people angry.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-04-29 at 10:21 PM.

Men who are crying about sexism are the weakest individuals to ever live on this planet.

So embarrassing to see people behave like this. Weak ducks.

while generally true i think this is a bit simplistic - it's not just sexism, or even racism, it's about the overall reduction in the immunity white men have had for most of human civilization to say and do basically whatever fucked up shit entered their minds.

if you look at it objectively, it's only in the last 85 years or so that the idea of human equality has actually been manifesting in western culture, and that shift has not coincided with a shift in the cultural power structure of white men - thus, what you end up with a society that on the whole no longer tolerates anything and everything that comes from white men, and yet you have pockets of white men who culturally haven't gotten over the idea of being entitled to do anything and everything.

it's a cultural equivalent to how if you take away a rich kid's porche and make them drive a BMW they think they're being oppressed.
    I think there is a lot more to it, but the response I made has been about how the internet has seen this, and taken upon themselves to respond.

The responses like Anita's "Everything is sexist," to some politician stating that you just cannot actively be racist to whites and sexist to men because of some structural power system that benefits the rich. But since the rich are (majority) white, somehow it trickles down. And in turn has made a pretty open statement about men, which damn near attacks them at every turn on the social platforms. And since this is where most of the youngins are investing their time in, what would happen to their perspective?

I mean, it is cause of this new wave of activism I fucked right off social platforms because my stance against Hillary was wrong for me as a bisexual. I have been told I hate myself for not going with whatever the collective left throws at me, from there it becomes a denouncing based on race and creed. There is some credence to many of these statements, there is more than just edgelordiness to be concerned. And denials and dismissals of my own childhood abuse comes predominantly from a lot of more progressive minds.

As for your metaphor, I don't think it is as you say. It's more like a cultural equivalent to taking the rich boy's... Well, everything. And make them earn their keep from the ground floor. While this could be a solid interpretation of it, there is many who see vindication as equality as well. Which just leaves for more social struggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Men who are crying about sexism are the weakest individuals to ever live on this planet.

So embarrassing to see people behave like this. Weak ducks.
    No no just give them a hug and call them fucking Alpha Males and tell them their bullshit toxic behavior is because of Feminism and the world is out to get them.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

pro tip: it is literally impossible to just create an account on twitter and post about how tasty chocolate chip cookies are and be called a nazi.
    if you're being called a nazi somewhere it's because you said some shit that sounded fucking nazi like.

i am an aggressive, volatile personality who posts a shitload across dozens of social media platforms engaging in angered debate on sensitive topics, and i've never once in 15 years of near constant online debate been called a nazi.

the simple reality is that if you don't like being called a nazi, stop being a fucking nazi.
    if you don't like being called a racist, stop being a fucking racist.
    those of us who aren't racist nazis are never, ever being called racists or nazis, even when they're 40-something land owning white men like me.
    the problem isn't culture, the problem is you.
    i didnt said anything nazi like and yet you just called me one... good job contradicting yourself mate

Quote Originally Posted by xwolf1989 View Post
    i didnt said anything nazi like and yet you just called me one... good job contradicting yourself mate
    what the actual, literal fuck are you even talking about?
    i didn't call you a nazi, i said if other people are calling you one on twitter it's because you said some shit that sounded nazi like.

if you read what i posted as me calling you a nazi then the problem is very likely not only that you post shit that sounds like a nazi, but you have a severe reading comprehension disability.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Why are there more and more angry young men this decade?
    98% of the guys I meet are seemingly happy, say hello, smile. The 2% that aren't happy are more creepy thug-ish than angry per se.

Do young people feel that their futures have been stolen from them?
    Nah that sounds more like some Baby Boomer dumped fantasy-level expectation on their B- kid. Like they'll make 120k right out of college, then they feel angry when it's a third of that with massive debt.

It's called the internet? YOu just could not read about them before. Now they all can write and everyone in the world can read and then you think woah! Suddenly there are so many angry people?!?!?!??!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The internet happened and changed the game by making things stick and blowing everything out of proportion. Screens, texts and imagery are brilliant at that. People want to fit in but it's hard when told everything is what you make of it, and then encountering resistance, legit or not, feeling closer than it really is. Easy to become confused or addicted to bad habits online.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

what the actual, literal fuck are you even talking about?
    i didn't call you a nazi, i said if other people are calling you one on twitter it's because you said some shit that sounded nazi like.

if you read what i posted as me calling you a nazi then the problem is very likely not only that you post shit that sounds like a nazi, but you have a severe reading comprehension disability.
    now you're assuming that im posting nazi shit lmao

boxing should be a mandatory gym class activity for all high school boys. every year. there is a lot to be learned about self control, and your place, by fighting out of sport, not anger.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I remember back in the early 90's - NOBODY knew they were anonymous on the internet THEN - Everyone held hands and sang koobifuckenyaaaa MATE hahaha, try again - People have hated everyone since the beginning of time

It's time people stopped acting like this shit wasn't happening back when the internet was young: and accept that the internet will always be the internet - A fucking SHIT SHOW
    Yea the internet is a thing but before then it wasn't easy finding a group of messed up people telling you that it's okay being obese (fat acceptance), loser (incel) etc etc. Before the internet you were more likely to go shit I should change that because it's bad now you have people reinforcing each other's awfulness stewing in their misery making it worse.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2019-04-29 at 10:44 PM.

yes, because generally speaking "white men are the historical wielders of all the power and influence over nearly every facet of human life on this planet, and a significant amount of oppression and suffering of human beings for the last 5000 years has been a specifically manufactured agenda by white men to horde power at the expense of others" is a factually true statement.
    certainly not all white men, obviously, and not every single thing that has happened in human history has been white men, but as of 2019 the vast majority of issues being faced by not-white-men are either solely or largely predicated on challenges created by white men and thrust upon them.

so yeah, when people on twitter bitch about the factually accurate history of human civilization, that isn't necessarily racism.
    but when you post "dem niggers be leeches" then yes, that is absolutely racism.
    So if I say black men have historically been disproportionately criminals in the US and still infer that other black people are criminals as a result I'd be fine? Typically when people want to bring up "factual" things about who had power historically, they're either using to try to demonize people of that group or to try to imply they need to deny them power even if said individuals had nothing to do with, which is also pretty much racism.

Nothing you said really took away from what I said. People aren't on Twitter saying "White people historically had held power and oppressed people and that's ALL I mean to say and nothing about that should be inferred to today". It's "It's white people historically held power and as such we should deny them said power by all means necessary and also create boogiemen of white privilege to imply that even if we strip them of means to get power we're still going to infer that they have this mysterious non provable power that 'we' KNOW they have and you can't deny it because you're not US"

Anything about the concept of white privilege is racism unless you're debunking it. Posting about white privilege on twitter is basically the same as your "dem niggers be leeches" as they actually 100% imply the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i guess from experience with republicans in this forum, im the crazy one for not believing we need to create an autocratic regime to commit genocide, because i seem to be happy with my life unlike them
    Just like the fascist state that the lefties on these forums want while trying to enslave white males, punish them for things they hadn't done, or outright kill them?