Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That was pretty quick of them to redo Sonic within a few months...

After seeing the trailer I suspect the animators and modelers rejoiced. Can imagine the frustration of having to do the first abomination because they wanted a more realistic sonic.

Looking forward to it now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks SOOOO much better now, like fuckin hell thats a huge improvement(tho granted i guess that not hard considerin basically anythin wouldve been an upgrade for the previous version).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If only they had also taken this time to rewrite the script...
    It's a kid's/family movie, it's definitely not going to be top-shelf quality writing. But it made me smile, and as goofy as Jim Carrey looks, it at least looks like it'll be entertaining and fun to watch. That's worth buying a ticket in my book.

And hey, it actually looks pretty damn good visually. Considering how much time there is between now and February, it can only get better, and it already looks good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Movie is still going to be garbage but I feel like they've earned a watch from me, lol
    Haha probably, yeah. However, Carrey is usually worth a watch and while it probably won't be great, I don't think it'll be THAT bad.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It has me sold, thats the sonic i know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That was pretty quick of them to redo Sonic within a few months...
    It was probably a relatively easy fix. If they're doing this anything like normal animation (no reason to think they aren't), they've got a CGI model, CGI lighting for each scene worked out to line up with the actual lighting, and skeletal animations for the model.

They definitely had to re-do the model, but CGI lighting probably didn't need to be re-done (just insert new model and it should work fine). The build looks similar, so skeleton animations were possible reuseable, though facial animations probably needed reworking, particularly around speech.

Doubtful they even bothered with reshoots. For a lot of this, it was likely just "ctrl-C, ctrl-V new model, re-render scene".

I'm a bit sad. The old version may have been interesting in a train wreck sort of way, but I fear this new design won't manage to break above 'meh.'

Looks much better! As a Sega/Sonic fan, I'm so taking my niece to see it.

Curious.
    I know the Pokemon movie wasn't a flop and even somewhat well-received...but that was Pokemon. A franchise that had just landed another world-wide hit with Pokemon Go, so success was guaranteed.
    Is Sonic popular enough in the US to warrant a movie like this?

Anyway, it doesn't look bad. Jim Carrie as Robotnik...is okay, I guess. I would have preferred someone who looks more like Eggman, but honestly I don't know who could have pulled that off.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2019-11-12 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Anyway, it doesn't look bad. Jim Carrie as Robotnik...is okay, I guess. I would have preferred someone who looks more like Eggman, but honestly I don't know who could have pulled that off.
    Paul Giamatti. But he's probably too good of an actor for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Paul Giamatti. But he's probably too good of an actor for something like this.
    Paul Giamatti has been in quite many ridiculously shit movies, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Paul Giamatti has been in quite many ridiculously shit movies, too.
    Yeah, I still can't believe he played ""Rhino"" in Amazing Spiderman 2. He got a whole 10 seconds of screentime in that movie.

Some people seem to like it. May have to go actually see it.

First reviews are in and that seems to be an acceptable movie. I'll wait for it to be available in anything-but-french though, as they've taken a wannabe-comedian to dub Sonic, who decided to "put in his personality in Sonic's voicing" and inserted references to his own show in some dialogue lines, while also saying he's a big fan of Sonic since forever, despite now knowing who's Knuckles.

Hope the original version is enjoyable.

Rotten Tomatoes right now is Critics 65, fans 93.

Again most critics complaints seem to be that it's a video game movie because they seem to hate any video game movie adaptation.

So that sounds pretty promising. Hope it turns out at least decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes right now is Critics 65, fans 93.

Again most critics complaints seem to be that it's a video game movie because they seem to hate any video game movie adaptation.

So that sounds pretty promising. Hope it turns out at least decent.
    It wasn't bad for what it was. It's a good family friendly film but it was definitely carried by Jim Carrey. He was up to his old 90's classic antics in it which for me personally was the highlight of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    It wasn't bad for what it was. It's a good family friendly film but it was definitely carried by Jim Carrey. He was up to his old 90's classic antics in it which for me personally was the highlight of the movie.
    Really? Jim Carrey is back and strong? Man...i must watch this i love Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Y'all ready for some internet drama?

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-t...ce-1202860119/

Looks like we're gonna see some angry birds o' prey fans. Looks like sonic gonna beat them handily.
    Why would Bird of prey fans care about the Sonic movie? They don't really have the same audience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Y'all ready for some internet drama?

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-t...ce-1202860119/

Looks like we're gonna see some angry birds o' prey fans. Looks like sonic gonna beat them handily.
    We don´t need to be ready, it´s already going on, so called "fans" of bird of prey have already said that they got insulted and harassed while watching sonic and that there were homophobe slurs in the sonic movie...

See here https://twitter.com/LSMark_/status/1226958098289635330
    Last edited by Tabrotar; 2020-02-15 at 03:17 AM.