Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh, I only ever liked Sonic for its games. I don't see why they couldn't at least try to stick more to his original design, his eyes and shoes are way to small in this movie. Maybe Jim Carrey can somewhat salvage this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how the detective pikachu movie would look like if it was made by sonic movie director:

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    "Uwe Boll made the worst video game movies!"

Jeff Fowler - "Hold my beer"

Why did they make a movie about Sanic?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Kicked Right in my uncanny Valley

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Why did they make a movie about Sanic?
    Get dat mellenial $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because there other attempts have been floppy dicks at the box office except the superhero stuff so logically the thinking is you make movies about the other geeky thing we were Into as kids we should pay out better.

And tbh of sonic didn't look like...... That.... Oh god it has human teeth.... Why.... God...
    I'd have gone to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Sometimes its like he isnt even listening to us.

- - - Updated - - -

They wanted a super sonic, blue, anthropomorphic hedgehog to have that "realistic" look. I mean if they went for a straight copy it would look too fake.
    It gives me the same feeling in my stomach I had when I found a dead body...... Its fucking nightmare fuel.... Why the human teeth, and the knees, ewwwww

5+ Year Old Account
    According to jeremy, the director's previous credentials was some movie about gophers...yeah..

I'm glad they decided to go with the nostalgic Green Hill zone theme Gangster's Paradise for this trailer.

10+ Year Old Account

What in the name of all things holy. This is looking like an abomination put upon the world that should of never been. I feel bad for Jim Carey being put through this as well, I know he has had a rough few years but he does not deserve this.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    What in the name of all things holy. This is looking like an abomination put upon the world that should of never been. I feel bad for Jim Carey being put through this as well, I know he has had a rough few years but he does not deserve this.
    He probably got some bills to pay.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-01 at 09:07 PM.

How did we regress back to cringey video game movie cash in's not seen since the 90's?

On one hand this looks like utter garbage, but on the other hand did anyone really expect it not to be? Unlike the Pokemon movie where you got a concept you can quite easily blend CGI creatures with humans and make it work, when this movie was announced my thoughts were "how is this even gonna work?".

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    He probably got some bills to pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaeSPrySH3k
    Ah damn I finally had TJ out of my recommended stuff..

Also lol if he thinks he will get a single cent of that trailer. Seeing how even mute versions have been flagged..

5+ Year Old Account
    The worst part is the small thin body shape, tight little butt (what kind of pervs to show that) n big head is...human-like, it creeps people out, but proportions like that are found amongst young boys...n add all the furry elements n u have a pedo-furry movie with the douchiest voice ever, it makes u want to call in a cruise missile strike on the people responsible...

Does Sonic's body not look like a young boy?...

And not an adult

Looks like the complaints were actually recieved constructively.

I don't know if it could salvage the movie, but it's a good PR move if nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Looks like the complaints were actually recieved constructively.

I don't know if it could salvage the movie, but it's a good PR move if nothing else
    How much can they actually change at this point, though? Maybe a little in the face/eyes and make his legs thinner...but I don't really see anything major happening. They went all-in on giving him human(ish) proportions, and it's probably way too late for a major overhaul.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Lol, I'd be massively surprised if they actually went and fixed the already done CGI. That shit is expensive, justive league spend like 25 mil on some reshoots and the terrible lip CGI, this movie here has like what, a 50mil budget? Well I guess there is a chance that they haven't done most of the CGI yet and they used the trailer as a test ballon, but even then, the basic premise of the movie is about as weak as it can get and if that is the quality of the jokes then they're already dead either way.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just looks so terrible, like not even b-movie worthy. I don't get it, how on earth could they have released the trailer in this state? Jim carrey is an obvious draw but holy cow, I grew up in the whole sonic/mario age and I just cannot fathom why the producers would want to release that film trailer in its current state. It looks beyond bad, sonic that is. I just don't even. I'm done.

Why did they use gangster's paradise for Sonic?? Really?? lol... Fire whoever's idea that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    How much can they actually change at this point, though? Maybe a little in the face/eyes and make his legs thinner...but I don't really see anything major happening. They went all-in on giving him human(ish) proportions, and it's probably way too late for a major overhaul.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
    He's CGI. They just have to redo his model and plug the new model into the existing scenes, and then apply the same post-processing they did the first time (can in most cases just be re-applied, for things like lighting and color, which are unlikely to be changed by this).

They don't need to do re-shoots of any existing footage, and unless they change his height (no reason to) it should work fine.