Poll: Would you like a one subscription for all?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Atm the only Blizzard game I'm playing (and only from time to time) is SC remastered. Adding a fee on top would mean that I would no longer play it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    maybe 25 or 30 to be fair but all that for the price of one and imagine the future WoW expansions also come free if you have a subscription and in the future if you're unsubbed you just have to subscribe to get it.
    or just... buy the other games and you will save hundreds of dollars...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

No way. I don't want to pay for games I don't play.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this. Say you pay your monthly fee of $15 but it gives you access to not only WoW but other game features such as:
    Monthly 5 guaranteed legendary lootboxes in Overwatch [Since there's no subscription required for Overwatch]
    Access to all Diablo expanded content.
    Access to all HOTS characters.
    Access to all Starcraft bonus content.
    Retail/Classic Subscription + all previous expansion packs
    Hearthstone - Legendary card packs
    Warcraft Reforged - New and free monthly added reskins, maps and heroes.
    Eh, so, you want it to make other things seem less free than it is?

Only games that needs a subscription is Retail WoW and Classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Because subscribing to those products is not worth 15 dollars a month. Yes, that means WoW, too. Many people, myself included, wouldn't play it in its current state even if it was free, therefore paying for it is totally out of the question.
    Ah I see. I didn't consider the fact that there are people that still follow the game, but don't actually play.

This is how cable got to the way it is in the US. If it is really only 15, then great. But we know it'll be more than that. I don't play overwatch, I don't want an increased subscription.

just farm enough gold in wow sell tokens for $ or € and buy the other games for free and you can still play wow for free + the other games

The only game I still consistently play from Blizzard is WoW, so raising the subscription price in exchange for mostly cosmetic rewards in games I don't play seems like a terrible value proposition to me. Frankly the only other games I've any intention of playing is Warcraft Reforged (which I bought immediately as it was announced) and D2 remaster whenever Blizzard eventually release it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    No company would ever do this it’s a horrible business decision.
    It's Illegal to sell something attached to a different product in some countries. Blizzard would have an Herculean job if they want to revise this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Ah I see. I didn't consider the fact that there are people that still follow the game, but don't actually play.
    Most people on this website fall into that category.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still pop in Diablo 3 from time to time, and play Hearthstone for the gold quest/tavern brawl/solo content. Paying for that, no ty.

Even if there's a Diablo 4 with expansions, I'd rather pay once up front and not be tied up to a subscription that ends up costing more.

WoW players (the only Blizzard subscription model right now) already have their option to get bnet balance out of their in-game gold, and access to Classic.

Free content for a subscription is not free, and putting it at some "monthly free content" is a terrible evil marketing strategy putting content behind the rush of limited availability.

Cosmetics are already behind a money wall, so just buy your stuff there, or via Twitch Prime which already exists.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-05-01 at 12:43 PM.

They could offer it, I wouldn't buy it.

I cancelled my WoW subscription that had been going since 2005 on the first night of Blizzcon. I had been hyped for Classic for years (or whatever they were going to call it), and after their recent business decisions, I think there's only a very small chance that I even play Classic, since it's bundled in with the main subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this. Say you pay your monthly fee of $15 but it gives you access to not only WoW but other game features such as:
    Monthly 5 guaranteed legendary lootboxes in Overwatch [Since there's no subscription required for Overwatch]

Thats a wonderful idea. What should the sub be? 50? 100 ? Its about time we do something about all those pesk millions of f2p gamers on the other blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    A too-large percentage of these forums are people who proudly declare they no longer play/haven't played, some going back to WoD, yet meticulously go through patch notes and blue posts to find things to claim about. Like a jealous ex stalking their ex on facebook to find incriminating things to show to their friends to justify jumping them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They could offer it, I wouldn't buy it.

I cancelled my WoW subscription that had been going since 2005 on the first night of Blizzcon. I had been hyped for Classic for years (or whatever they were going to call it), and after their recent business decisions, I think there's only a very small chance that I even play Classic, since it's bundled in with the main subscription.
    So let me see if I understand this logic. You were playing retail, you were paying your $15 a month to play retail. And upon being told you would get to be able to play classic for free alongside playing retail, decided you now wanted to play neither because......

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    A too-large percentage of these forums are people who proudly declare they no longer play/haven't played, some going back to WoD, yet meticulously go through patch notes and blue posts to find things to claim about. Like a jealous ex stalking their ex on facebook to find incriminating things to show to their friends to justify jumping them.

- - - Updated - - -

So let me see if I understand this logic. You were playing retail, you were paying your $15 a month to play retail. And upon being told you would get to be able to play classic for free alongside playing retail, decided you now wanted to play neither because......
    No, I quit retail, because it was a horrible expansion, and it's clear Blizzard lost its focus in regards to making games. The join subscription was not why I quit. I thought they announced the joint subscription at a different time. I have decided that I may not play Classic, because the state of retail is so poor, that I don't want to support one, while supporting the other. I apologize if that was confusing.

Yeah no. I really only play WoW. I dont need that other crap.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, I quit retail, because it was a horrible expansion, and it's clear Blizzard lost its focus in regards to making games. The join subscription was not why I quit. I thought they announced the joint subscription at a different time. I have decided that I may not play Classic, because the state of retail is so poor, that I don't want to support one, while supporting the other. I apologize if that was confusing.
    Yeah, the way it read to me was "I'm enjoying retail, paying for retail, but am looking forward to classic. WTH? I'm getting classic for free for paying for retail. I'm quitting both!"

OTOH I can see a good population of people paying the sub to be able to play classic and not even touch retail. There's always that option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, the way it read to me was "I'm enjoying retail, paying for retail, but am looking forward to classic. WTH? I'm getting classic for free for paying for retail. I'm quitting both!"

OTOH I can see a good population of people paying the sub to be able to play classic and not even touch retail. There's always that option for me.
    I think there will be a fair number of people doing that, I just may not be one of them. I think people got a bit too complacent with Blizzard, and forgave them too many times. As excited as I was to see Classic, I'm not sure I will ever give Blizzard another penny.

What about those with no interest in Starcraft, Hots, Diablo 3, hearthstone, OW, or current wow? Why should my sub fee for wow classic be raised just so weaker less popular games can get funding? Let them die

An EA access like sub as an alternative to gain access to all their games for 1 fee including wow would be great as an option especially if new games become available instantly on it, also if WoW expansions were included in the sub fee too holy hell would they make a ton more money.

Now that being said as long as you can keep things as they are currently as well then I see no issue.

It isn't a question of if it will happen but just when it will happen.