Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Mechagnome Shaman

Alright, before you go saying 'that's got to be the dumbnest thing i've ever heard. Why would a gnome have a connection to the elements?'
    And you'd be right. It is pretty dumb. But so are goblin shamans. If we can have goblin shamans, I'm sure blizzard can come up with an explanation for mechagnome shamans. Just say it's super advanced tinkering, like gnome priests and how they're medics and whatnot.

Just look at these glorious baby ball busters:

They actually look like mechagnomes!

They just need to get a couple more colours for the prosthetics, like red and blue and green and you'd be able to make a ton of cool tmog.

Honestly, it's the only way Blizzard are going to get people to play them, if they even get added (which they probably will).
    Last edited by Merryck; 2019-05-02 at 10:12 AM.

Goblins are shamans because shamanism is like mafia but with spirits and elementals. Gnomes are mad scientists so they can't form mafia by themselves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Goblins are shamans because shamanism is like mafia but with spirits and elementals. Gnomes are mad scientists so they can't form mafia by themselves.
    Ey ken haz Inglach?

No new BS nonsense race/class combos until pandas can be deathknights!

After that the floodgates are open, and everyone can have whatever ridiculous combo they can think of.

Cool, I'm sure all two people who would play mechagnomes would jump right on that.

Seriously, I pray to god we don't get this race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Cool, I'm sure all two people who would play mechagnomes would jump right on that.

Is that even a serious topic of debate anymore?

They have more customizations than some of the existing races. Either they are intended as an Allied race or someone at Blizzard's time starved art department should be fired for wasting so much time.

The OP's question is pertinent, given people should be considering just what classes Mecha Gnomes will have. I doubt Shaman will be one of them, but I'm interested to see his case for them.

To be fair though it will probably be something like Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Priest and Warlock. The easy seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they are the only class that uses electricity as a weapon.
    This ^^

For me the mechagnomes flavor classes will be Shaman and Druid, as both make a lot of sense: Electroshock Shamans and Transformer Druids. They will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

They have more customizations than some of the existing races. Either they are intended as an Allied race or someone at Blizzard's time starved art department should be fired for wasting so much time.

The OP's question is pertinent, given people should be considering just what classes Mecha Gnomes will have. I doubt Shaman will be one of them, but I'm interested to see his case for them.

To be fair though it will probably be something like Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Priest and Warlock. The easy seven.
    I also agree they are almost a garanteed allied race.

For me their classes should be: Shamans, Druids, Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Monks, Priests and Mages.

I would remove Paladins and Warlocks (and hero classes for now), because Holy Warriors and Fel casters summoning demons aren't their "thing".

I'm hoping for the Tinker Class. Mechagnomes would be my Alliance choice, and Goblin for Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Mechagnomes have electricity (aka thunder). That's clearly a shaman asset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    -snip-
    Those transmogs look awesome on them.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-05-02 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Aaah yes, like the Vulpera allied race you mea... ow never mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

Can I get an amen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not even sure about warlock and priest tbh. Everyone becomes a monk for some peculiar reason even though the class is thematically deeply linked to the August Celestials . . .
    The thing about Mecha Gnomes it that you can very rapidly end up with very few classes if you apply every plausible restriction. No Shamans, no Druids, no Mages, No Warlocks, No Priests, No Demon Hunters, No Death Knights, No Paladins...

I think Mages and Warlocks are almost certain. Priests less so, but possible. They might be able to be Paladins but only because I can't think of a compelling reason for or against them becoming Paladins, so that can go either way. Warrior, Hunter, Rogue and Monk are a definite in my book.

Demon Hunters and Death Knights probably aren't happening unless they have relaxed their prohibition against allied races being hero classes because they weren't present at the events involving the Hero classes becoming playable.

Druids and Shamans are, as I discuss below, really unlikely and only possible because they haven't been ruled out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

For me their classes should be: Shamans, Druids, Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Monks, Priests and Mages.

I would remove Paladins and Warlocks (and hero classes for now), because Holy Warriors and Fel casters summoning demons aren't their "thing".

I'm hoping for the Tinker Class. Mechagnomes would be my Alliance choice, and Goblin for Horde.

A new Druid race for the Alliance is very likely, if only because I doubt the Horde will end up with more Druid choices than the Alliance...because a lot of effort goes into crafting unique Druid forms for each race, and leaving the Alliance a Druid race short can be turned into the rhetorical weapon of less effort being put into the Alliance. However, given how antithetical the idea of a Mecha Gnome is to the tenets of Druidism, I think that the final Alliance allied race pair (I believe there will be six races a side) will almost certainly be friendlier to giving the Alliance a new Druid race.

I will grant you the idea of a thunder shaman makes a certain kind of sense, but I will be very surprised if a Mecha Gnome shaman happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aaah yes, like the Vulpera allied race you mea... ow never mind..
    Vulpera are a near certainty given their similar level of complexity. In fact, the only thing really missing for Vulpera was the absence of their Alliance counterpart. And look, Mecha Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No new BS nonsense race/class combos until pandas can be deathknights!

After that the floodgates are open, and everyone can have whatever ridiculous combo they can think of.
    Zandalari and Dark Iron should be first on the list for DK since both existed on the main continents before the LK went on a raising spree.

To the OP, I agree, they look pretty cool and it would be pretty easy to potentially harness the elements with tech like the goblins clearly did with their totems before they removed totems as the source of their magic.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Honestly I wasn't sold on mechagnomes until you showed me those pictures, that looks pretty dope. And ultimately rule of cool > all, they can come up with some excuse.

ELECTRICITY, METAL, AND FLAMETHROWERS, HEED MY CALL!

If mechagnomes are added as a playable race IMO they do need to have access to a class that regular gnomes don't. That means paladin, shaman, DH, or druid. Shaman does seem like the most likely out of those 4. I wouldn't hate it, but I'm not sure I'd be excited to make one.

They need some different classes compared to regular gnomes. Shaman sounds good to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not, i actually hyped about tinker become something and only for gnomes goblins mechagnomes and vulpera, thats going to rebalance the "race charts" across the board.

Now talking about Goblin shamans, they are not as like orc shamans, they actually use "antenas" "gadgets" and "devices" to attract the elements, you can see that in their "totems" so clearly Mechagnomes "could" have something like that or even the normal gnomes could also be able to do that.

Pretty much at this point of time, every "standard" or "normal" race should be able to be everything, including Hero classes that dont request something very specific like Demon Hunters. Even DKs after Lich King and in cataclysm they added goblin and worguen as DKs, Pandas should be able too by now.

And the allied races should be the ones limited because of lore interactions and flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Sure why not, i actually hyped about tinker become something and only for gnomes goblins mechagnomes and vulpera, thats going to rebalance the "race charts" across the board.
    "Balancing" the races is never gonna happen. If tinkers ever become a thing, they won't limit them to the least popular races and if they do they'll quickly walk back on it. The only reason limiting DHs worked was because they were already some of the most popular races.

OT: I can't see them being anything a normal gnome can't be. Probably warrior, hunter, mage, rogue, and warlock.

Is there anything in Mechagon that supports some kind of gnome themed shaman, similar to Kul Tiran thornspeaker druids and tidesage shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Alright, before you go saying 'that's got to be the dumbnest thing i've ever heard. Why would a gnome have a connection to the elements?'
    And you'd be right. It is pretty dumb. But so are goblin shamans. If we can have goblin shamans, I'm sure blizzard can come up with an explanation for mechagnome shamans. Just say it's super advanced tinkering, like gnome priests and how they're medics and whatnot.

Just look at these glorious baby ball busters:

They actually look like mechagnomes!

They just need to get a couple more colours for the prosthetics, like red and blue and green and you'd be able to make a ton of cool tmog.

Honestly, it's the only way Blizzard are going to get people to play them, if they even get added (which they probably will).
    I am cautious of them pairing with vulpera, but a shaman mech gnome would be an insta roll for me. My goblin shaman is my fav char, but I mostly play alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    This ^^

For me their flavor classes will be Shaman and Druid mechagnomes, which both will make a lot of sense: Electroshock Shamans and Transformer Druids. They will be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagnomes have electricity (aka thunder). That's clearly a shaman asset.

- - - Updated - - -

Those transmogs look awesome on them.
    Transformer mechagnomes would be pretty sweet. And similar theme shaman as the goblins. But less junkyardy

Seeing as they're becoming more and more lenient with class restrictions on allied races for the sake of racial flavor, I could definitely see shamans available to mechagnomes. As for "transformer" druids? They'd be awesome, but it's less likely to happen than shamans imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Seeing as they're becoming more and more lenient with class restrictions on allied races for the sake of racial flavor, I could definitely see shamans available to mechagnomes. As for "transformer" druids? They'd be awesome, but it's less likely to happen than shamans imo.
    I feel like mechagnome druids might be a bit of a stretch. It would be pretty hard to explain away healing with leaves and crashing moons into people as tinkering.