Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the pecking order for Mythic dungeons ?

I'm very slowly returning to Mythics (not aiming much more than 4-5), as apparently, the raider IO thingy everyone is obsessed with require you to do them to get taken in PUGs.

So simply said, what is the equivalent of Black Rook Hold, aka [I]oh jesus christ, no one want to do it [/I ] ?

I'd say shrine of the storms.

Nobody wants to deal with that. Or under rot really.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd say shrine of the storms.

Nobody wants to deal with that. Or under rot really.
    Lucky me, my first two were Shrine of the Storm and Underot. Now I have Boralus.

Temple of Sethraliss, esp. tyranical.

P.S. Since this reset is gonna be explosive, last boss in there is extra funky with these.

I'd say Shrine is a lot worse than BRH. Underrot isn't quite as bad. My group treats Shrine keys as non-existent.

For that matter, i don't really get what the problem with Hold was anyway. I never had much issue with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nah, that's actually a pretty easy one. Just don't tank the first boss together, or every cleaver is going to murder themselves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    So simply said, what is the equivalent of Black Rook Hold, aka [I]oh jesus christ, no one want to do it [/I ] ?
    Anything with tight corridors during Sanguine week.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that matter, i don't really get what the problem with Hold was anyway. I never had much issue with it.
    Was just way too long, same thing for Halls of Valor and Arcway, but at some point Blizz buffed ap from these 2 and BRH I don't think so, so Arcway / HOV was better choice (well except weeks with tyranical Hyrja). BRH had also decent amount of annoying trash like the spinny / disorient demons and the leap stun guys.

http://bestkeystone.com/#/

the ranking changes slightly from week to week

Huh? BrH was exceptionally easy. The only pass / fail check was if you could survive the last bosses AoE on high tyrannical.

Generally speaking Freehold and Told dagor are the easiest. KR / shrine / ML are hardest timer wise and the rest are somewhere inbetween.

Dungeons like WM and Tol become hard with Sanguine and some others become exceptionally hard with griev. Temple is one. It's easy on tyrannical if you've mastered the mechanics but its impossible to keep stacks off people on high tyrannical on griev so you're up against the clock.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shrine and Sneks. Shrine is horrific trash and horrific bosses, so one way or another it will be hell. Sneks is buggy, annoying on Tyrannical, some very frustrating bosses and trash and you could get to the eye room and it bug out.

Everything else seems alright. From my PoV Motherlode has some frustrating trash in the second half that is skipped every time I see it on MDI. My Guild seems to do everything but Sneks and Shrine, probably a few less King's Rest as well because the council boss in there on Tyrannical is not fun with the axes. Also Tyrannical Waycrest council can be pretty painful at higher levels.

Would say Freehold is my favourite. Council and Harlan on Tyrannical can be annoying/boring but everything else is fine.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Shrine is the answer most of the time. It's just not a fun dungeon in M+ and almost every affix turns it into a fustercluck. Whereas some dungeons mostly because unfun with specific affixes (such as Tol Dagor with Sanguine).

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    TD and FH are a bit easier to deal with since you have lots of time to do them and harder trash is either avoidable or easy to do (canons).

Dungeons with few respawn points and PUG-typical early rogue-shroud skips are the ones many dont like. You can either use non-rogue groups/routes to make them enjoyable and doable in time even with wipes or you just skip them.

There is not much gear needed to time the casual 16-18 keys to get around 2000+ R.IO even when you don't use skips/rogues for the runs - 405ish ilvl is pretty solid with many specs, the outlier need more for no-skip-runs to beat the timer, but M+ is not balanced for all classes/specs, nothing new there.
    -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

P.S. Since this reset is gonna be explosive, last boss in there is extra funky with these.
    Lmao what? ToS is one of the easiest dungeons in the game
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Is it just me, or did they bump up the difficulty considerably in these, scale them, or whatever. When the xpac first released i was running 7-9 on my DH tank fairly easy with 350 or so gear. Now im running 4-5's to get back into with with ~380 and getting crushed. Did they nerf dh? "scale" dungeons? or whats up

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Is it just me, or did they bump up the difficulty considerably in these, scale them, or whatever. When the xpac first released i was running 7-9 on my DH tank fairly easy with 350 or so gear. Now im running 4-5's to get back into with with ~380 and getting crushed. Did they nerf dh? "scale" dungeons? or whats up
    They buffed the dungeons by 30% for season 2

Don't really care about hard vs easy... but damn if Waycrest isn't annoying.... it's like the Enemy Forces counter is way off, you don't skip anything but you still need to go out of your way to kill extra....

The enemy counter % seem off for all the dungeons, but damn does waycrest seem extra off.

play all the dungeons and choose for yourself

as you already see in this thread, shrine is sligthly more disliked but a lot of people have different ideas and it really matters on your personal play

if you suck, every key is going to suck
    if you're good, things will turn out alright and the key you play doesn't matter so much. it also matters a lot who you're playing with (duh, I guess)
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

The actual answer is Motherlode. Consistently the worst success rates out of all 10 dungeons. Siege of Boralus 2nd. Since Shrine and King's Rest were heavily nerfed and had their timers increased, these 2 dungeons are the new badness.

Shrine was by far the worst but has been nerfed 3 or 4 times since then and is now one of the easier dungeons to make the timer on.

http://bestkeystone.com/#/

My honest assessment - unless you're pushing very high keys do all of them as much as possible, yes some are 'harder' than others, but there's nothing like a pre-nerf Seat of the Triumvirate or anything- you will probably fail some keys, especially on weeks like this week, but once you learn what's dangerous in each dungeon, they are for the most part quite easy..

If people know what needs to be done, you will find that all the dungeons are pretty doable. Where issues arise is that a lot of dungeons have throughout checks as you get higher (e.g tyrannical kings rest axe boss on a high key/fortified avatars of Zul).

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess its personal love and hate relationships. There were people who loved brh but i hated it, i was in love with arcway, but many people hated it. Personal experience is really big thing. I hate Kings Rest first boss packs. Like really especially on fortified. Hated ToS, but for some reason started to like it. The rest instances are fine, surprisingly but really fine hehe
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon