Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The vast majority of the people who will be playing Classic are somewhat older and have played the game for years. Sure, there will always be morons, but I'm guessing the overall level of knowledge and skill will be a bit higher than on the current version.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

The players who were bad in vanilla (despite playing A LOT), are still going to be bad today. Dont think for a second that players have improved since vanilla. Skilled players will still be a tiny minority of the playerbase, thus wipes will happen.

Ofcourse the extreme hardcores whom have cleared all of vanilla 10 times on PS's are going to stomp through it, but for people who werent even around for vanilla it's going to be the exact same struggles we had back then.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I haven't played classic WoW since classic, so I can't remember if you needed the Hydraxian rep to douse the runes in 1.12 or not.

If you don't, I'd say Ragnaros will last 2.5 weeks at most.
    I never got to that stage of the quest line (“douse the runes”) in vanilla as i wasn’t in enough raids to get the rep for it, but I defiantly definitely still had to douse them when I led raids there in BC to get myself a thunderfury so unless they change it that’ll still be a thing throughout classic, I’d say.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

I predict people will have fun preparing for and killing bosses in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I never got to that stage of the quest line (“douse the runes”) in vanilla as i wasn’t in enough raids to get the rep for it, but I defiantly definitely still had to douse them when I led raids there in BC to get myself a thunderfury so unless they change it that’ll still be a thing throughout classic, I’d say.
    Original there was only a 1 use water to douse the rune that was unique so unless you had a dozen people with it you needed someone to run back and forth to Azshara.

They later added an Exalted reward that was a permanent version so you only needed 1 in the raid and no summoning around the world.

Edit:
    Sorry you got the eternal water on revered and the normal water on honored?
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-05-01 at 04:39 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    getting the rng to get those things to drop + having a group that will spoonfeed the gear to you would like to say hi.

even with having the gear its not as easy as watch video and instantly know the fight.

seriously . you guys are as bad as the guy on the official forums saying rag will be killed in the first week.
    Rag has died in the first ~10 days on every big private server launch, what makes you think Classic will be different, with a much bigger population and a much better reason to rush him?

Unless Blizzard is tweaking around with the difficulty, I could see the average guild taking at least 1-2 weeks to clear. MC has always been a rather easy raid with very straightforward mechanics (don't stand in the fire!!! dps this mob!!!! don't face the boss!!!) kind of stuff. I'm also taking in account that a lot of PS guilds will move over and have already done them a lot of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    HAHAHA!! Joke of the day.

Was you around for the 10 years aniversary?? It was a wipe fest of epic proportions.. And that was with player abilities that didn't even exist in Vanilla. It was with proper itemization.

It was scaled down to level 60, you everyone was still in epic gear with the stats to match. In Vanilla, next to none had epic gear when the delved into MC..
    That's literally why it was nonsense though - because they had already changed the way dispels worked.

If we had had Vanilla-like dispels (ie: no CD) then the 10y event would have been as trivial an MC as ever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but you are missing one key thing here that will slow progress tremendously.

Magmadar.
    He needs tranq shots, at least 3 hunters with it iirc, to rotate due to the longer cooldown (unless it got shortened in 1.12 or before, so in which case ignore me), and if he isn't tranq'ed he can one shot tanks left, right and centre.

That is the key slow down thing here, not really gear or such.
    From what I can tell, the duration + cooldown on Mag's Frenzy in 1.12 is 12s, while Tranq Shot is 20s, so you'd just need two Hunters with it (minimum, of course). That said, I'm sure the top 1% can work out how to get that by the end of the second week. Maybe through getting to 60 and enough gear to kill Luci during the first week, then a second time week two. Or maybe they get more by having enough people to clear Luci in split raids so as to steer gear - and the Tranq Shot tome - to the "main raid members". We're not talking about regular raiders here. This is for the top end raiders who are putting in much more effort to clear things asap. (And then again, maybe these top end raiders are good enough to be able to clear Mag with limited Tranq Shot.)

In any event, a significant portion of the MC gearing up process can be done via farming trash like Core Hounds and elementals for the profession items used in the Fire Resist gear. That FR gear is not needed until the second half of the raid, so any top end raid is going to be able to farm trash with a smattering of dungeon gear - and repeatedly since the trash will all respawn in a few hours. Frankly, I'd be surprised if at least some of these raids aren't running around with 50% plus in T1 belt/bracers before their first boss kill.

Molten Core is stupidly easy. Gear or no gear, there are no mechanics to really deal with. It's just a matter of gearing up (speaking bare basics here, and maybe some resist gear if needed) and handling mechanics like "Don't stand next to the boss when it AOEs" or "cleanse debuffs for days". It'll be fine.

The other raids might have some mechanics that will challenge raiders, but Molten Core won't be an issue to virtually anyone. The only challenge for Molten Core will be finding people willing to raid that boring dungeon for months on end. I certainly can't see myself doing it. Once was enough for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The only challenge for Molten Core will be finding people willing to raid that boring dungeon for months on end. I certainly can't see myself doing it. Once was enough for a lifetime.
    When I finally hung it up as alt-raid leader for MC shortly before the BC pre-patch, I swore I'd never go back. I ran the 10th anniversary version and remembered why. I hated that place. I'm sure I'll go back in Classic, but I can easily see this being the stone on which I break my desire to play WoW forever.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Keep in mind all of that gear (and more, aka the stuff they are holding back for later patches) was available in 2006 and yet people were still wiping in MC.

The name of the thread is MC honest predictions, if you discount how many new+returning players will be on classic are you really being honest about it?
    Yes, people will have MC on farm and selling runs after the first week, you can easily clear it with 30 people in pre-bis raid gear from 1.12 since a lot of blues will be better than raid gear and since people are not playing on AOL dial up internet anymore.

If the Anniversary MC pre nerf is of any indication majority of non-PS or raiding people will be stuck on the first Firelord.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Since MC was easily cleared 12-15man in vanila my personal guess is the biggest difference QoL might be gear on tanks but nothing serious.

However BWL!:
    Razorgore will require decent pre-raid gear to have enough DPS to brute force phase1 - as its simpliest tactic. Again alliance has huge advantage on this becouse you won't need VERY VERY skilled hunters/shamans to kite phase1 if you can't brute force it.

Than you will have another gate - Broodlord damage spikes, were alliance will have it easier again to keep undergeared tanks & maintain alive DPS with salvation***.
    3 Drakes - Fire resist on tanks makes it much easier but it's not really mandatory. It's just less annoying. Alliance have it again a bit easier with BoP to switch tanks so you let offtank get hit to get extra rage in that window. No you dont want to eat buffets as OT***.

Neff - DPS check phase1, Alliance has it easier on MT fuck ups and if you get spare fear ward for healer each roar its faceroll. Horde has it easier though if the tanks can rotate dance reliably as tremor + MC can occur at the same time and you have more raid control to prevent gibbed members.

AQ - DPS makes a difference. Tanks will get their gear regardless since you need just 2/3 untill 4H in naxx though you need to start considering how fast you will get there.

If I had to rate the gear progression I would say:
    MC - Tanks > DPS > Healers
    BWL - DPS > Tanks > Healers (though a = could be put between tanks and healers)
    AQ - DPS > Healers > Tanks

*** It's KINDA shame though that some encounters have been invalidated by threat meters making them completly different to what they used to be e.i Vaelestraz, Broodlord & 3 drakes
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2019-05-01 at 08:41 PM.

I find it incredibly hard to believe when people say it’ll get cleared so quickly. Unless 40 people have coordinated who is playing what class and completely no life it right from launch, nothing is getting cleared for at least a few weeks. And that completely excludes any rng when it comes to actually hearing those characters. I could be totally wrong and underestimating the dedication that people will put into the game from launch, but my gut says at least three weeks.

On another note, I don’t know why anyone would bumrush the end game anyhow. MC is a chore and BWL will probably be months away. Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Given the info we've been privy to thus far for Classic, Molten Core seems like it could be rather tough for any Average Joe guild that isn't filled with a certain crowd of players.

(Example, not coordinating stacking World buffs as that's been confirmed to be near impossible since Onyxia buff will be only once per 12 hours, not enough Tranq shots for a perfect rotation etc)

So for sake of argument, let's assume no World Buffs of any kind is reliably feasible during Phase 1 of Classic, no one is likely to flask out side of very specific roles. How hard is early MC actually going to be for most of us?

I'd love to hear your predictions and reasons, I don't see it being as faceroll as a lot of memes make it out to be. I personally think the very early stages of Classic will be akin to Diablo 2. Yeah we know the strats, but is Duriel really that easy as a fresh level 20 Barbarian in self found blues/yellows?

Cheers!
    I can easily see hunters being the first kings of guild hopping. Run with a guild, wait until it's your turn to get the tranquilizing shot book, then dump them for a more advanced guild. I remember that kind of stuff being incredibly prevalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    HAHAHA!! Joke of the day.

Was you around for the 10 years aniversary?? It was a wipe fest of epic proportions.. And that was with player abilities that didn't even exist in Vanilla. It was with proper itemization.

It was scaled down to level 60, you everyone was still in epic gear with the stats to match. In Vanilla, next to none had epic gear when the delved into MC..
    Really? I mean, I did it twice and had no problems whatsoever. A few wipes, sure, but it was a walk in the park.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Simulant View Post
    I find it incredibly hard to believe when people say it’ll get cleared so quickly. Unless 40 people have coordinated who is playing what class and completely no life it right from launch, nothing is getting cleared for at least a few weeks. And that completely excludes any rng when it comes to actually hearing those characters. I could be totally wrong and underestimating the dedication that people will put into the game from launch, but my gut says at least three weeks.

On another note, I don’t know why anyone would bumrush the end game anyhow. MC is a chore and BWL will probably be months away. Enjoy the ride.
    MC is usually cleared in the second week by the hardcore bunch (and the first kill is usually from a guild that do it on every fresh server for whatever reason so they have done it alot). Classic shouldn't be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, not to mention it was LFR.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Technically that is a Source. I get that you just got into your first year of college and your teacher has been hard on you on sources, but once you start entering theoretical matters opinions are the main form of "sources" that can be provided. there is no other way to provide a source for his claim is there? it is not a hunch, it is a theory backed by a lot of very logical thought patterns that appeals to common census.

99% of the science of psychology is based off of interview data. which is according to you not a source? like fuck off stop being a pretentious wanna be intellectual, and yes the 99% was a hyperbole it does not require a source because just liek his 1% it is meant to describe something vaguely and not meant to be a certain fact, this is very evident through the context clues of the text and any none autistic power asperger kid can see that.
    What source? He didn't provide a source. I get that you are trying to be condescending, however, a source is when you provide an actual link of where to see the original, not just "nah he said it, trust me bro". So no, its not a source, technically or otherwise. And there ABSOLUTELY is a way to provide actual data, people just dont want to spend the time digging through all the data and breaking it down.

laughed so fucking hard at your "99%" comment. Jesus that's good stuff.