Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It sounds like you want to oppose free speech and freedom of association.
    Nope I just know unless you are in an at will employment state which most of the US is it's very easy to find a point to argue for wrongful dismissal especially if the reasons leading to dismissal were not on company time. In the US yeah they can fire you for wearing a pink shirt in many states. The only reason big box type stores usually won't is corporate policies that require a chain of incidents so as to avoid even the possibility of a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It isn't though there are way to many cross over points that can be argued as falling under a protected class. Yes a neo nazi march is disgusting but it could be argued probably quite successfully in court that if a company didn't fire a black employee for attending a blm march that said firing was racially motivated. You could also possibly argue religion. Unless the country/state has at will employment a good lawyer can turn basically anything into a wrongful dismissal case and win.
    You're drawing pretty blatant false equivalences, here.

And again; most professional organizations have codes of ethics, and racist discrimination is a breach of such. And being a white supremacist requires such racist views, and thus constitutes grounds for dismissal and revoking of licensing. A wrongful dismissal claim against this will lose, because they only need one example of cause to justify their action, and this qualifies as cause.

The right to swing your fist stops at my face. That is all covered under slander libel etc threats of violence is much murkier than you think. Usually there is going to have to be actual definable eminent danger or as I said many blm protesters would be in jail. Ironically antifa and the like would be much much more likely to fall under that category than the idiots marching because antifa has shown a willingness to use violence out in the open while the slime buckets being talked about tend to do it behind closed doors.
    So, it's clear that restricting speech is fine with you, and has been done for a very, very long time. So, that "very dangerous road" you speak of is where we have been the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

Well, you are new here, so you can be forgiven for not wanting to display your hypocrisy so soon.

If this is about free speech, then people should be free to express themselves by wearing masks, or dildos on their head if they so desire. Is that now free speech and expression you oppose?
    See, you prove what I say in that first line. Bad faith poster. I never said anything about not wanting them to wear masks, I only point out the hypocrisy going on.

Nope I just know unless you are in an at will employment state which most of the US is it's very easy to find a point to argue for wrongful dismissal especially if the reasons leading to dismissal were not on company time. In the US yeah they can fire you for wearing a pink shirt in many states. The only reason big box type stores usually won't is corporate policies that require a chain of incidents so as to avoid even the possibility of a wrongful termination lawsuit.
    I don't know of any state that won't let you fire someone for being a neo-Nazi. Freedom is great.
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're drawing pretty blatant false equivalences, here.

And again; most professional organizations have codes of ethics, and racist discrimination is a breach of such. And being a white supremacist requires such racist views, and thus constitutes grounds for dismissal and revoking of licensing. A wrongful dismissal claim against this will lose, because they only need one example of cause to justify their action, and this qualifies as cause.
    Okay let's be completely and utterly honest here the kind of people who participate in these marches usually aren't in a professional organization they are probably at kinko's straight flipping copies to quote lonely island. There is a reason they are attracted to these ideologies because their lives tend to suck outside of the people at the top who are usually conning the suckers out of what little cash they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    See, you prove what I say in that first line. Bad faith poster. I never said anything about not wanting them to wear masks, I only point out the hypocrisy going on.
    Yep, I did noticed you couldn't respond honestly. Shall I make it VERY clear.

Do you think groups like Antifa should be allowed to wear masks when they counter protest?

Why? Serious question. Because "MU FEELS"?
    Because white supremacy is rooted in hateful, racist prejudice.

Feminism, liberalism, and communism are not, and the first two actively work to combat such prejudices.

Okay let's be completely and utterly honest here the kind of people who participate in these marches usually aren't in a professional organization they are probably at kinko's straight flipping copies to quote lonely island. There is a reason they are attracted to these ideologies because their lives tend to suck outside of the people at the top who are usually conning the suckers out of what little cash they have.
    Great, let Kinko's know how shitty their employees are, and threaten to boycott them if they don't fire them.

That's what freedom of speech is all about.

I'm only citing professional standards because they're concrete and established; they're not just one person's personal opinion. The principle still applies to any other position; your boss finding out that you're racist is grounds for summary dismissal with cause, basically everywhere. He doesn't HAVE to fire you, but he's ALLOWED to fire you, before anyone comes back with some nonsense "my boss knows I'm racist and doesn't care" anecdote.

Yep, I did noticed you couldn't respond honestly. Shall I make it VERY clear.

Do you think groups like Antifa should be allowed to wear masks when they counter protest?
    They can wear whatever they want, but it shows the more what kind of people they are (like I already said before). But hey, you prefer to miss characterize people without even knowing them, putting words in their mouths they never said. Bad faith poster indeed!

I don't know of any state that won't let you fire someone for being a neo-Nazi. Freedom is great.
    Again there are legal precedents that open you up to liability. If you don't fire an employee for attending a blm march there is a wrongful termination lawsuit waiting to happen if you fire someone for attending a "white power" march. I'm not sure why you are attempting to cast me as being in favor of these shitheads I'm talking about the difficulties of avoiding lawsuits in the us and it's way way way harder to fire someone in most eu countries.

They can wear whatever they want, but it shows the more what kind of people they are (like I already said before). But hey, you prefer to miss characterize people without even knowing them, putting words in their mouths they never said. Bad faith poster indeed!
    The kind who like to wear masks.

Oh, we've got you figured out. Youa re the "But, But Antifa" whenever neo-Nazis are marching guy.

I'm only citing professional standards because they're concrete and established. The principle still applies to any other position; your boss finding out that you're racist is grounds for summary dismissal with cause, basically everywhere. He doesn't HAVE to fire you, but he's ALLOWED to fire you, before anyone comes back with some nonsense "my boss knows I'm racist and doesn't care" anecdote.
    Depends if you can prove that someone is racist or if they can cast as being "proud of their race". Unless there is significant public outcry it's usually much cheaper to keep them employed and find a work related to dismiss them after building a chain of incidents that have nothing to do with said march. Otherwise it's very possible to win a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

Because white supremacy is rooted in hateful, racist prejudice.

Feminism, liberalism, and communism are not, and the first two actively work to combat such prejudices.
    False. I can give you a lot of examples where feminism ENHANCES prejudices and causes the same kind of problems in society. Same with LBTQ+

- - - Updated - - -

The kind who like to wear masks.

Oh, we've got you figured out. Youa re the "But, But Antifa" whenever neo-Nazis are marching guy.
    See, again you assume things you have no proof for. You get shown for the person you really are, bad faith poster, and then just post untruths to put them in a bad light. Bad faith poster indeed, not willing to even engage in a serious debate. MACHISMO THE GREAT DICTATOR! He decides what people think, mean and say!

Great, let Kinko's know how shitty their employees are, and threaten to boycott them if they don't fire them.

That's what freedom of speech is all about.
    Unless there is massive public outcry it's much cheaper for them to lose your business or make placating noises about appreciating your reports. Even Mcdonalds has a significant slowdown in efficiency when they get a new face usually around 100 percent increase in time taken. Much easier to create an actual chain of incidents and avoid any possibility of wrongful dismissal while training up an employee to take their place. Not saying they won't get fired saying that if that is the reason they are given for getting fired they are likely going to win that lawsuit regardless of how disgusting I might find that.

Also the point about Kinkos was that the kind of people who attracted to this ideology do not tend to be in professional organizations they tend to people whose life sucks.

Again there are legal precedents that open you up to liability. If you don't fire an employee for attending a blm march there is a wrongful termination lawsuit waiting to happen if you fire someone for attending a "white power" march. I'm not sure why you are attempting to cast me as being in favor of these shitheads I'm talking about the difficulties of avoiding lawsuits in the us and it's way way way harder to fire someone in most eu countries.
    If there's legal precedent, I'd love to see where someone in any state cannot fire someone for being a neo-Nazi.

Anyone can sue anyone else for just about anything. Whether that person wins a lawsuit is a completely different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends if you can prove that someone is racist or if they can cast as being "proud of their race". Unless there is significant public outcry it's usually much cheaper to keep them employed and find a work related to dismiss them after building a chain of incidents that have nothing to do with said march. Otherwise it's very possible to win a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.
    If you are marching with neo-Nazis... that's pretty damning evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    They aren't technically doing anything Illegal so it would be hard to stop them. Otherwise you could ban basically any group from marching on the premise that it could offend someone.
    Back in the day, some towns tried to stop Martin Luther King from marching by saying he would offend people and it would "incite violence".

False. I can give you a lot of examples where feminism ENHANCES prejudices and causes the same kind of problems in society. Same with LBTQ+

- - - Updated - - -

See, again you assume things you have no proof for. You get shown for the person you really are, bad faith poster, and then just post untruths to put them in a bad light. Bad faith poster indeed, not willing to even engage in a serious debate. MACHISMO THE GREAT DICTATOR! He decides what people think, mean and say!
    Except... you literally did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Let’s everyone be spineless centrist cancer Mr 9 to 5 with mortgage and gay friend. No freedom of speech infringement ever benefited the society.
    Oh, it absolutely benefits society.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ail/589613002/