View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How you have all that other stuff on there but leave off "class balance" is beyond me!

I hate that I have to roll warrior to get the closest experience to my desires. This time around, I want to be in whatever the top tier raid guilds are to guarantee my goal of experiencing the raids. Ideally, I'd be doing it as ret, but that's asking for disappointment and unrealistic expectations of "friendliness" among a community of people that I align with and also know doesn't have that trait.

So I'll settle for the next closes thing of being a manly man everyone knows is OP who still wears plate armor and is melee.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    hard to vote when you list a bunch of things i enjoy about classic... maybe add a "none, i like classic as it was" option?
    agree i picked other,cos im gonna play classic despite its many annoyances because thats how it was,i think after playing bfa it will be refreshing.

Definitely the debuff limit for me. A few other things will bother me on the list but that one will just piss me off every time I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    agree i picked other,cos im gonna play classic despite its many annoyances because thats how it was,i think after playing bfa it will be refreshing.
    I mean the idea here is to ask what your annoyances are, not to say they should be changed. Even mine above I recognize that the game will go from piss easy (and it will be because of how much better the playerbase is now) to lfr levels if they get rid of it.
    Last edited by troqu; 2019-05-01 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troqu View Post
    I mean the idea here is to ask what your annoyances are, not to say they should be changed.
    Exactly. I'm not here to champion any changes to Classic, just asking what were the things that annoyed you back during vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a tricky question! If I'm thinking about it, almost everything makes sense in Classic. I don't care if graphics would be updated (though not those terrible "new character models", just better textures and more polygons). Also I never understood the logic behind restriction to create character of opposing faction (not that I care, again, I'm playing only a single character anyway). All other things should be in classic as they were in vanilla, I don't want them to change and I would revert those changes in retail given the choice.

The only thing that I did not particularly like in vanilla is that low level quests are completely hidden. But that's easily fixed with addon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Oh, snap.

I forgot about that. There'll be no 'tag sharing' in Classic. If you don't hit a mob first, you get nothing from it, right, right. Completely forgot to add that to the list.
    That's wrong. You just need to group with other people.
    Last edited by vsb; 2019-05-01 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what i miss most from vanilla is community and ppl, that was the best thing about it
    i'm worried that sadly most likely ppl won't be the same as 2005, and will be the same ass88les that we meet now in any lfg who kick because u are afk 10 sec sneezing or ur dps isn't ub3r elit3
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing but lack of dual spec. PvP, PvE, and AoE grinding specs are very different for me, and I want to do it all. It will be a lot of respeccing and a lot of gold.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-05-01 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    picked options : No "AoE" looting; No 'dual spec'; Other - please specify in your post. (and i already stated my other)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

well i voted 1 - graphics .. because .. say want you want about BFA but the game looks gorgeous and i am not looking foreword to my 1 polygon face elf
    2 - aoe loot ... this should be in, there is no gain for removing it
    3 - the dual talent, again like 2

and i think multi tagging should be added to the list, i'm not sure about it, it has some very bad downfalls with people que-ing to kill mobs and it will be a pain at launch but it dose -sometimes- give incentive to people to group up, mob tagging will be annoying and very frustrating.

If i am not mistaking loot works different in vanilla when you are in a group? I mean i think you can't really loot the same mob even if you are in party, you can loot if it has a quest item.
    Last edited by edw; 2019-05-01 at 09:36 PM.

Other: nothing of the above.

Only thing I'd potentially miss would be guild banks.

The respec cost cap is too high. That's basically the only thing wrong

So Classic WoW's release is imminent. You're hyped for it. Great. But I think it's safe to assume you don't exactly miss every single thing from vanilla WoW, right?

So what's that one or few things you are not exactly looking forward to, despite your desire for Classic?

Note: if you're not interested in playing Classic WoW, I'll ask that you please refrain from voting.
    Literally none of the above except “others”. The pvp ranking system and how easy raid bosses are.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's wrong. You just need to group with other people.
    Well, yes. But if you were going solo, either you tag the mob, or you're getting nothing out of it, other than perhaps aggro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Literally none of the above except “others”. The pvp ranking system and how easy raid bosses are.
    I would've added more options, but I actually forgot about some of them (PvP ranking and mob tagging, for example) and we can only have a maximum of 20 items in a poll, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    hard to vote when you list a bunch of things i enjoy about classic... maybe add a "none, i like classic as it was" option?
    That's what the 'Other' vote is for. It's good that you specified your opinion in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I picked "no dual spec" but in reality what i dont like is the "respec cost".

I like to try different talents, as a customization nerd likes to do.

And you just cant in classic.
    IIRC dual spec used to cost 1000g.

That shit hurt as a new player back then. Having dual specs for a price of obscene amounts of gold coins could be a thing in Classic but won't happen ever IMO.

3 things that was i totally hate about classic:

1.) No Dual Spec. I leveled 2 healers in classic and made both of them to level 60. Try leveling as a holy-paladin to 60. Or Holy Priest (althrough it's not as bad as Holy Paladin); nope, never ever again.

Since 80% of players will simply play rogue, forget even thinking of see any kind of healer until 60. And even then... At least as Priest you can actually go full shadow and still have a quite good of an healer; but since you will be mana starving, you can drink after every pull. So better bring a Mage with you.

Oh yes, and mages: have fun pressing dozends of time on the summon food-button; because table only existed after BC.

2.) No Transmog

This is one of the most praised things of the purists: no transmog. Althrough blizzard HAVE the technology and could make Transmog a total personal choice (disabling transmog for all players on a persona choice.

3.) No new character models.

Another thing that WAS a TOTAL PERSONAL CHOICE since WoD (but was later removed). The ability to disable the new character models. Humans were bad, Dwarves were bad, Orks were ... and Trolls were utterly ugly. Now new character models are a big issue; as the old ones were really really bad. Alliance were not totally bad, with the exception of dwarves, but Horde were so ugly that nobody played then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes. But if you were going solo, either you tag the mob, or you're getting nothing out of it, other than perhaps aggro.
    Don't play solo. Nobody plays solo in vanilla, at least when you have competition over quest mobs. There's just no reason to play solo, you're hindering your gameplay a lot, you'll be ganked by other faction, etc. Just invite anyone you see and keep doing that until you have full party, simple as that.

No dual spec and aoe looting, just some major conviniences that I would say has improved the game instead of dumbing it down to what it is today.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'm fine with nearly everything I "lose" compared to retail.

I never played Vanilla, or TBC. I started in Wrath and only played a bit on Vanilla PS's, because when I started on them, Blizzard just a few weeks later announced Classic so I kinda lost my motivation to level there(I got to lvl 30-35 on a couple of characters) and now waiting on Classic itself before binging to 60.

There are some QoL stuff I would like to have.

For example, Auto-loot - It already exists(shift+click corpse), but having to have shift held-down every time is bothersome. Just make it an UI tickbox like it was in later versions.

Marked all of them and can add 5 times more. It still amazes me that some ppl want to play classic at all xd ( an instance taking 4 hours to complete because of random dcs, rage quiting, ninja looting, being lost before finding the entrance to the dungeon xd and much more )