View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. You may not vote on this poll
  • No "AoE" looting;

    257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

    137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

    91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

    132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

    87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

    75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

    54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

    72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

    116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

    65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

    55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

    213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

    41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

    47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

    48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

    117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

    142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

    62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

    69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

    91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Bloodsail Admiral time0ut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,045
    I am looking forward to all of these things. I like the slower pace they bring. So tired of current WoWs focus on very difficult, tightly tuned content and go, go, go crap. I can't wait to play the MMORPG version again.

  2. #162
    That one is actually a list of things i don't like in the retail version!
    Only a couple of things i wouldn't mind having and that's AoE Looting, better graphics and an arena option but i don't mind not having them either and they don't belong to a recreation of the original game!
    There more "features" that i don't like at all, namely LFD, LFR and pet battles, but if they were to include them all, they wouldn't fit in a single screen!

  3. #163
    I'm personally gonna miss the ability to reorganize your characters on the character select screen.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    feel free to find it hard to believe, but there's a reason hundreds of thousands of people pirated the game and played shitty watered down version of it for the past 10 years on temporary private servers. i do see some things as inconvenient at times, but i can't think of anything i genuinely dislike about the game. hence, an option for that would seem reasonable. i'll just refrain from voting though, np.
    so you liked, EVERY part of vanilla? So you dont use any addons that didnt exist in vanilla? personally my biggest issue is the raid frames of Vanilla, no Range indicator etc was fucking aids.

    I also hate the original Macro system, not only was it explotative, but insanely complicated, which once again, is fixed with addons like Super macro, not being able to use /startattack macros without it was fucking dumb. especially since there was a shit ton of bugs for warriors, such as charging bugging out ur auto attack, any charge macro breaking ur auto attack, where u need to /startattack, or de-target and retarget it again in order to fix it.

    What about downright broken farms like warlocks being able to make thousands of gold an hour in Diremaul through "clever use of game mechanics" that every private server fixed but was a thing throughout vanilla since diremauls launch, hopefully thats fixed in classic, not that the mage farm isnt still insane for money making.

    You liked vanilla how it was, how about the changes then? the sharding they have pretty much confirmed at launch for example?

    Like what ur saying is paradoxical, if you like EVERYTHING about vanilla, then theres things u don't like about classic because it won't be the EXACT same. even if the game is the same, it would still be different simply because of the playerbase.

  5. #165
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Donetsk, Donetsk Republic
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Only 3 options from that list:

    - Older graphics
    - AH not linked
    - Limited choice of races
    F. new races. I'd rather remove couple, gnomes notably.

    As for gfx I actually agree, especially if it's an option and dorks who want old one can do it, while what I'm personally looking at is not their business

    AHs were linked in 1.12

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    You liked vanilla how it was, how about the changes then? the sharding they have pretty much confirmed at launch for example?

    Like what ur saying is paradoxical, if you like EVERYTHING about vanilla, then theres things u don't like about classic because it won't be the EXACT same. even if the game is the same, it would still be different simply because of the playerbase.
    reductio ad absurdum doesn't make ones' arguments valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    how would arena make it not vanilla ? ah yeah i forgot arena is skill based while classic pvp is time spend based
    Arenas were introduced in TBC. They weren't in vanilla WoW. At least according to WoWPedia.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    F. new races. I'd rather remove couple, gnomes notably.

    As for gfx I actually agree, especially if it's an option and dorks who want old one can do it, while what I'm personally looking at is not their business

    AHs were linked in 1.12
    First of all: GNOME HATER!!! BURN!!!

    Second: Oh, right. I forgot that AH used to be separate in different cities. By linked AH I actually meant horde/alliance AH linked, like they are on retail WoW.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Had to tick so many of em and you forgot to add multiple people bein able to tag same mob, thats probably my biggest peeve together with missing abilities nonstop.
    There were quite a few I forgot to add that I think would be more meaningful than some of the items of my list, like mob tagging and weapon skills. But what happened was me forgetting about those and the fact we can only add a maximum of 20 items to the poll. :P
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  9. #169
    The only thing I'm not hyped about are dealing with players who are obviously coming over from Private Servers and are expecting Blizzard's version of Classic to be a copy and paste version of the game they're accustomed to playing.

  10. #170
    while there won't be any aoe-loot, I just hope they put the option to auto-loot which was only introduced in 2.0. Prior to that, you could only auto-loot by holding shift while looting. I didn't play the demo, not sure if this was an option. Since in vanilla, you can hardly afford to not loot everything during grinding anyway since you need that precious gold.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    feel free to find it hard to believe, but there's a reason hundreds of thousands of accounts pirated the game and played shitty watered down version of it for the past 10 years on temporary private servers. i do see some things as inconvenient at times, but i can't think of anything i genuinely dislike about the game. hence, an option for that would seem reasonable. i'll just refrain from voting though, np.
    Fixed that for you.

    Why would people play a buggy version of a game they loved? The reason is that it was free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #172
    I choose the I dont have dual spec . because I dont like every time to pay for change my paladin from dps to healer . Thats quite annoying but I understand there decision to keep it pure vanilla .

  13. #173
    I'm fairly surprised at how often certain options were picked... and how little some other options were picked.

    If I were to make a wild guess about how the poll would turn out, it'd look quite different.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    That just simply isn't true. If your routing is bad, they become scarce. If your routing is decent, you don't have to worry about running out of quests at all.
    Ok dude. You're wrong, but you do you.

  15. #175
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,619
    I am confused, you say what are you NOT looking forward too, assuming there will be a negative list, and then you link all the GOOD things about the game?


    I know you wrote them cause some of these things can seem tedious, but these are litterally all the things that should make people want to play classic.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I am confused, you say what are you NOT looking forward too, assuming there will be a negative list, and then you link all the GOOD things about the game?


    I know you wrote them cause some of these things can seem tedious, but these are litterally all the things that should make people want to play classic.
    Not everyone is looking forward to the same things other people are. Two players in my guild, for example, are ecstatic to play Classic WoW. But one of them is not looking forward to single-use harvest nodes and leveling weapon skills, the other is not looking forward to have to individually loot every single mob.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  17. #177
    Brewmaster Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,274
    No AoE looting.

    It is literally the one QoL feature that when it was added there were absolutely no complains that I can remember.

  18. #178
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Donetsk, Donetsk Republic
    Posts
    326
    Retail crowd complain about no AoE-loot. Facepalm. How about there will be no auto-looting at all (hopefully), because it was BC-feature.

    Stop it, really. So annoying. No-changes in game-play design. Period.

    The only semi-legitimate thing to complain is gfx really. Because it is personal feature, invisible for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

  19. #179
    Epic! Uoyredrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Dual spec/AoE looting, everything else is fine (even though I'd like arena but I'm fine without it).

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Retail crowd complain about no AoE-loot. Facepalm.
    Nice veiled insult.

    How about there will be no auto-looting at all (hopefully), because it was BC-feature.
    Auto-loot came in patch 1.9. Still vanilla. It's not a BC feature.

    Stop it, really. So annoying. No-changes in game-play design. Period.
    This thread and poll is not to advocate any changes at all. Take off your 'hater' glasses and actually read what the poll is about.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •