View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

You're hyped for Classic, but what about it you don't like?

So Classic WoW's release is imminent. You're hyped for it. Great. But I think it's safe to assume you don't exactly miss every single thing from vanilla WoW, right?

So what's that one or few things you are not exactly looking forward to, despite your desire for Classic?

Note: if you're not interested in playing Classic WoW, I'll ask that you please refrain from voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So Classic WoW's release is imminent. You're hyped for it. Great. But I think it's safe to assume you don't exactly miss every single thing from vanilla WoW, right?

So what's that one or few things you are not exactly looking forward to, despite your desire for Classic?

Note: if you're not interested in playing Classic WoW, I'll ask that you please refrain from voting.
    Those who have not played WoW during Vanilla should prepare themselves for a very different game in every way. It may be called the same, looks kind of the same -and have those foul Gnomes- but its far from the same.

1-60 in itself was considered a huge achievement as it took more than just time, it took a will and desire to grind!

Classes and specs play very different 1-59 and at 60. You literally relearn your spec/class all over again. Gold -or lack of- is a huge wall/barrier -though in 2019 we all know how to earn double to triple digit gold/hour.

To make life fun you really need to make friends and you need to be a positive part of your factions community.

Lastly, Vanilla is probably THE most (MMO) RPG time in the history of WoW.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2019-05-01 at 05:09 PM.

I picked "no dual spec" but in reality what i dont like is the "respec cost".

I like to try different talents, as a customization nerd likes to do.

And you just cant in classic.

No dual spec. I understand and support the decision, but the price to respec is painful!

How about how tedious leveling was in vanilla?

No dual-spec. Hopefully I will be able to AoE farm enough as a Mage to make up for the respec costs. But it will be a pain either how.

hard to vote when you list a bunch of things i enjoy about classic... maybe add a "none, i like classic as it was" option?

By far the worst is my goddamn hunter pet
    This was by far the most annoying thing in whole classic and beyond, hated it that much

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    hard to vote when you list a bunch of things i enjoy about classic... maybe add a "none, i like classic as it was" option?
    You can pick option #20 and specify in your post what was that one thing you didn't like in vanilla WoW.

And I honestly find it hard to believe that you enjoyed every single little thing about Classic. I mean, it's possible you did enjoy everything, I just find very hard to believe.

Biggest thing for me is being forced into playing Alliance if i want to play Holy Paladin. Not a huge deal since Alliance was a lot more popular in vanilla anyways.

What I don't like for Classic WoW? I don't like that I can't decide what to play first xD Warlock, Mage, Rogue, Druid or Warrior - I'm going to level all of these but can't decide on what first

You can pick option #20 and specify in your post what was that one thing you didn't like in vanilla WoW.

And I honestly find it hard to believe that you enjoyed every single little thing about Classic. I mean, it's possible you did enjoy everything, I just find very hard to believe.
    feel free to find it hard to believe, but there's a reason hundreds of thousands of people pirated the game and played shitty watered down version of it for the past 10 years on temporary private servers. i do see some things as inconvenient at times, but i can't think of anything i genuinely dislike about the game. hence, an option for that would seem reasonable. i'll just refrain from voting though, np.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog. I know why it's not a thing, why it's bad for Classic, why it's important to see people with better gear to better judge the size of their genitals, etc.
    I just like mog.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    feel free to find it hard to believe, but there's a reason hundreds of thousands of people pirated the game and played shitty watered down version of it for the past 10 years on temporary private servers.
    That doesn't mean anything. Those played on pirate servers didn't play because they enjoyed every single little thing about vanilla WoW. They did so because they really like vanilla WoW overall.

i do see some things as inconvenient at times, but i can't think of anything i genuinely dislike about the game.
    Could've mentioned those. There is the caveat that those are simply things you're not exactly looking forward to, like I said in my post.

I`m going to miss not having multi tagging. THAT itself makes leveling longer and more annoying then it already is. Since everyone will be starting at the same time, I worry about quest bottle necks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m hype for classic but the only changes I want are the pet/mount tab, aoe looting, and updated graphics. As a collector the tabs helped out a lot and all pets/mounts once used were bound to you anyway. No reason to not have a tab for them. Aoe looting just made shit smoother and less tedious especially when farming. Then of course better graphics, my entire desire for classic isn’t to go back and redo raids I’ve done, it’s to have the old style of game play, itemization, talents, old PvP system, etc.

Here’s to hoping it’s so much of a success we can see polls added to classic like OSRS does where they allow votes to implement new features that don’t break the game. More content, more side stuff, etc. or simply the retail team see how successful it is(assuming it’s successful) and reverting to this style of gaming and leaving classic to the purists.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

That doesn't mean anything. Those played on pirate servers didn't play because they enjoyed every single little thing about vanilla WoW. They did so because they really like vanilla WoW overall.

Could've mentioned those. There is the caveat that those are simply things you're not exactly looking forward to, like I said in my post.
    The thing is though, that those inconveniences are part of what makes it fun. Vanilla kicks you in the nuts at times, but that makes achieving stuff more rewarding. So yea, I get his problem.

Having to deal with dungeon groups. Some people don't want to go to stone, some just keep pulling mobs by accident because they aren't used to look around, some will need on items that don't fit their specs, and bad players will just drag the dungeon on for far longer than it needs to be. I'll just try to join a guild and do dungeons with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincara View Post
    I`m going to miss not having multi tagging. THAT itself makes leveling longer and more annoying then it already is. Since everyone will be starting at the same time, I worry about quest bottle necks.
    Oh, snap.

I forgot about that. There'll be no 'tag sharing' in Classic. If you don't hit a mob first, you get nothing from it, right, right. Completely forgot to add that to the list.