View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I found Priests very, very comfortable to level on. As long as you didn’t dump your mana. One mb, sw, mf per mob into a few wand hits sorted almost any non-elite, and spirit tap kept your mana going. I found them quite efficient tbh
    Priests kill speed is very low and depends on how good your wand is, so if you stuck at level 37 with a shitty wand it's a pain to grind, compared to, say, a mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Priests kill speed is very low and depends on how good your wand is, so if you stuck at level 37 with a shitty wand it's a pain to grind, compared to, say, a mage
    Yeah for sure, very few classes levelled faster than mages though. You get a fair few wand upgrades as you go though. Well under 4 days /played is still very easy to do on a priest.

"What if"

heh, I don't think as many people are going to like classic enough to make it to BWL as some people seem to think.

The grind is long and boring, everything is fragmented and has a large time investment built into it, there is very very little emphasis put on mechanics and almost entirely on rotation, even loot from raids is super slow to come by. Gold management is important and if you're a tank you spend a lot of it on repairs with casters having the smallest repair bills. Even your char ends up being super specific....high end raider? then you're not doing high end PvP (which was also was mostly based on time invested and not skill)

Speaking with friends of mine that raided with me in vanilla and are still playing, none of them are actively planning to play it and only 2 of them are even entertaining the idea of playing it.

Not really. I used to follow Joanna’s levelling guide for my alts in late Vanilla, and no grinding whatsoever is required, other than the rule of “if it’s in your way, kill it”, which is common sense.

There’s a bit of flying to capital cities for quest chains ofc but you have to train skills etc anyway so it lines up perfectly.

If you just wing it like a spaz and just take zones one at a time, you will certainly need to grind. But hopefully you/others won’t be that stupid.
    You must've used a different Joana's guide than the rest of us, because the Joana guide I used in Vanilla and TBC included a fair bit of grinding (only in TBC it wasn't necessary because of the exp nerf).

Here's an excerpt that took me about 20s of looking in the guide to find.

04) Do "Kolkar Leaders": grind your way to Barak Kodobane (43.24), and kill/loot him. NOTE: "Centaur Bracers" does not need to be completed now.
    05) Go NW to The Dry Hills and do "Harpy Raiders": kill/loot the harpies (around 41.19). Watch out there is an Elite that wanders around in the area.
    06) Grind your way west (at 35.28 in the Barrens) and accept "Goblin Invaders" and "Avenge My Village".
    And these are early levels where grinding isn't as required because there's plenty of quests. It's the 45+ levels that have a more substantial amount.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2019-05-04 at 12:55 PM.

I don't mind about half the things listed, the other half are pros instead of cons

I don't really know, but maybe the low server cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You must've used a different Joana's guide than the rest of us, because the Joana guide I used in Vanilla and TBC included a fair bit of grinding (only in TBC it wasn't necessary because of the exp nerf).

Here's an excerpt that took me about 20s of looking in the guide to find.

And these are early levels where grinding isn't as required because there's plenty of quests. It's the 45+ levels that have a more substantial amount.
    Lol I'm not trying to start an argument on definitions of "grinding", but in my eyes, and the eyes of people I've played with, killing things on your way to objectives isn't "grinding". As I stated, it was a general rule of thumb to kill mobs in between you and wherever you needed to go to stay ahead of the curve.

I think you'll find that to most people, grinding's more relating to sitting in an area and killing mobs for the sole sake of getting experience from them. E.g some guides (quite fairly) had you sitting in a high-density area that wasn't too heavily camped and killing mobs for 1-2 levels at a time. Common examples of this would be the Naga camp in the Isle of Dread in Feralas, or the satyr in Felwood, or the bandits in Tanaris.

Killing centaurs because they're in between you and a quest mob or a quest giver is, in my opinion, not in any way, shape or form a "grind". It's doing a quest, lol. Or does killing mobs in general instantly equate to grinding? Because if that's the case, you've got a fair point.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2019-05-04 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to tick so many of em and you forgot to add multiple people bein able to tag same mob, thats probably my biggest peeve together with missing abilities nonstop.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Had to tick so many of em and you forgot to add multiple people bein able to tag same mob, thats probably my biggest peeve together with missing abilities nonstop.
    As Horde on an Alliance dominated server, shared mob tagging has never really existed.

Named mobs, the important ones for quests. Those are actually shared, and I'll miss that as I wait 30 minutes for the respawn. With 8 other people camped out, all with itchy trigger fingers.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Someone like me who hasn't played Classic since... well classic, it's going top be quite a readjustment, remembering what was and what wasnt.

I have kind of been spoiled by WoW over the years a lot of the stuff I liked have come and gone since Classic, although I am gonna miss the new models..

I mean... this is classic and we gotta look at this for Blood Elves and High Elves....

ewww
    Yeah, those looked.....bad. The high elf model in Classic kinda looks like a night elf got one of those trainwreck cosmetic surgery jobs.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-05-05 at 12:04 AM.

Lol I'm not trying to start an argument on definitions of "grinding", but in my eyes, and the eyes of people I've played with, killing things on your way to objectives isn't "grinding". As I stated, it was a general rule of thumb to kill mobs in between you and wherever you needed to go to stay ahead of the curve.

I think you'll find that to most people, grinding's more relating to sitting in an area and killing mobs for the sole sake of getting experience from them. E.g some guides (quite fairly) had you sitting in a high-density area that wasn't too heavily camped and killing mobs for 1-2 levels at a time. Common examples of this would be the Naga camp in the Isle of Dread in Feralas, or the satyr in Felwood, or the bandits in Tanaris.

Killing centaurs because they're in between you and a quest mob or a quest giver is, in my opinion, not in any way, shape or form a "grind". It's doing a quest, lol. Or does killing mobs in general instantly equate to grinding? Because if that's the case, you've got a fair point.
    Grinding is grinding. The reason you grinded between quests and questgivers was solely to avoid the big chunk of grinding you'd otherwise have to do later. Do you grind on live? No, because it isn't needed.

Also like I said, these are the low levels, it's at 45+ quests start to become scarce. It took me 20s to find that, I'd find more substantial grinding with more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grinding is grinding. The reason you grinded between quests and questgivers was solely to avoid the big chunk of grinding you'd otherwise have to do later. Do you grind on live? No, because it isn't needed.

Also like I said, these are the low levels, it's at 45+ quests start to become scarce. It took me 20s to find that, I'd find more substantial grinding with more time.
    it's not just they become "scarce" it's more of "i'll have to do level 40 quests on my level 45 to get 45 quests in this location, fuck that shit i need cloth anyways to get some money"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Probably that the max lvl conjure food spell for mages only makes 4 at a time

10+ Year Old Account
    Also like I said, these are the low levels, it's at 45+ quests start to become scarce.
    That just simply isn't true. If your routing is bad, they become scarce. If your routing is decent, you don't have to worry about running out of quests at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deal breakers:
    - No transmog
    - No barber shop

Dislike:
    - No AoE Looting
    - No shared nodes (at least with your faction)
    - No instant mail.
    - Older graphics.

I dont really mind that mounts arent shared, but i can see how one would dislike that.

And i can see how the addition of pet battles would please some others as well.

As for the rest that you specify on the poll, i think it is good they are missing.

The two things i welcome are:

The lack of LFR, and the old day/night cycle.

Most of my teammates and myself, have very rarely seen WoW during the day. (it is far more gorgeous)
    Because it follows the RL cycle since (i think) Cata. Or was it WotLK?

As for the LFR, i could see a version of it being implemented.
    But nothing like the current one. More like an add board at the city.
    Custom description, manual whisper, manual invite.
    So people will HAVE TO TALK to each other.

Bonus: My dwarves will walk normally with the old graphics, and not prance around like in a pixar movie.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-04 at 05:14 PM.

The graphics. I think retail WoW is beautiful, especially since I just built a new PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to all of these things. I like the slower pace they bring. So tired of current WoWs focus on very difficult, tightly tuned content and go, go, go crap. I can't wait to play the MMORPG version again.

That one is actually a list of things i don't like in the retail version!
    Only a couple of things i wouldn't mind having and that's AoE Looting, better graphics and an arena option but i don't mind not having them either and they don't belong to a recreation of the original game!
    There more "features" that i don't like at all, namely LFD, LFR and pet battles, but if they were to include them all, they wouldn't fit in a single screen!

I'm personally gonna miss the ability to reorganize your characters on the character select screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    feel free to find it hard to believe, but there's a reason hundreds of thousands of people pirated the game and played shitty watered down version of it for the past 10 years on temporary private servers. i do see some things as inconvenient at times, but i can't think of anything i genuinely dislike about the game. hence, an option for that would seem reasonable. i'll just refrain from voting though, np.
    so you liked, EVERY part of vanilla? So you dont use any addons that didnt exist in vanilla? personally my biggest issue is the raid frames of Vanilla, no Range indicator etc was fucking aids.

I also hate the original Macro system, not only was it explotative, but insanely complicated, which once again, is fixed with addons like Super macro, not being able to use /startattack macros without it was fucking dumb. especially since there was a shit ton of bugs for warriors, such as charging bugging out ur auto attack, any charge macro breaking ur auto attack, where u need to /startattack, or de-target and retarget it again in order to fix it.

What about downright broken farms like warlocks being able to make thousands of gold an hour in Diremaul through "clever use of game mechanics" that every private server fixed but was a thing throughout vanilla since diremauls launch, hopefully thats fixed in classic, not that the mage farm isnt still insane for money making.

You liked vanilla how it was, how about the changes then? the sharding they have pretty much confirmed at launch for example?

Like what ur saying is paradoxical, if you like EVERYTHING about vanilla, then theres things u don't like about classic because it won't be the EXACT same. even if the game is the same, it would still be different simply because of the playerbase.