View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly? Most of the options are just niggles, nothing more.
    That's fine. It's what I asked. :P

There is one option I am stunned you haven#t included, and is a HUGE game breaker for many, and that is Guild Banks.
    Limited poll slots, unfortunately. Also, add one more to the list of things I completely forgot about, like weapon skills and forced dismount when getting into water.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So Classic WoW's release is imminent. You're hyped for it. Great. But I think it's safe to assume you don't exactly miss every single thing from vanilla WoW, right?

So what's that one or few things you are not exactly looking forward to, despite your desire for Classic?

Note: if you're not interested in playing Classic WoW, I'll ask that you please refrain from voting.
    I'm not hyped for it.

Dual spec is the most important thing.

Nobody wants to be specced tank or heal in the open world and this is creating a massive tank and healer shortage for dungeons. Prepare yourselfs for shadowpriest healers and arms warrior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    it's not 4, it's 10. Water is the same
    Did they increase it in a later patch because I remember making it for bwl raids and it was 4 a pop

There will be AoE-Looting and the rest is actually a positive. And Graphics aren't old. You get Legion Engine with Vanilla Assets.

almost everything on that list. Classic was awesome back in 2005... not 2019, if they put any of those "quality of life" changes in, I'd be down to playing it, because end game would be level 60 and all the features Ive always wanted would be in.

I voted for everything but Hunter Pets and Arena. Make life harder for Hunters is always better imo, give them ammo and quiver again! xD
    And Arena gone, i actually think PVP was funner in classic before arenas and rated battlegrounds.

WTB Classic Lite xD
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2019-05-06 at 07:59 AM.

Well...that is actually how it was during Classic as well?

I tanked many lower level dungeons as Arms, and my pocket druid healer was Balance. Many players did it with fairness, it barely inhibited your ability to do content until about 50, then you had to re-spec. But if they have the gear, and are able to do it, what is the issue with fairness?

Yeah of course it was this way in classic and it was super shitty. If you want classic without changes its fine, I dont care because I know how bad classic would be today.
    But this thread is about things I would miss in classic.

The Evolution of WoW is correcting mistakes they did in previous expansions.
    Not enough Tanks? > bring Deathknights, Monks and Demonhunters
    You have to build your own dungeon groups and walk to the dungeon and that takes like 2 hours everytime? > Dungeonfinder
    Healers and Tanks are bad in solo content? > Dualspec
    People are getting BiS gear and are done with their character development? >Titanforging

You may not like some solutions but everything has a reason why its in the game. Except Warfronts, they are just a waste of development time.

not looking forward to 1 button pve dps.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    323 voters. Nice!

I'm surprised the auction houses not being faction-linked anymore didn't bother nowhere near as many people as I thought, considering it'll heavily diminish the supply of goods in roughly half for the factions. I imagined it'd be one of the most picked options.

Same thing as gathering nodes not being shared.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Overall, the aged content as a whole. I've already been spoiled by the quality of life that current WoW has presented me with. I'm not a cata baby, my journey in WoW started in late TBC and I officially got dedicated to game around Wrath. That's my nostalgia, and that's what I'd like to see someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    Dismounted when crossing deep streams/rivers/sea...
    #gnomeproblems

You could always macro dismount into your regular attacks, so it's hardly an issue. Most QoL stuff implemented further in the game was already resolved via macroes and blizzard just implemented them in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dual spec is the most important thing.

Nobody wants to be specced tank or heal in the open world and this is creating a massive tank and healer shortage for dungeons. Prepare yourselfs for shadowpriest healers and arms warrior tanks.
    Which won't be a massive difference for dungeons, to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

I tanked many lower level dungeons as Arms, and my pocket druid healer was Balance.
    I've got a friend when i was leveling in classic who played druid, he wanted to be feral, up to level 30 or something we had no issues in dungeons... then we've found that it's way faster for make groups when we already have a healer, but he was adamant at staying feral... and he stayed feral, just grabbed bunch of int gear pieces and healed all dungeons up until he quit at 60, when truth hit him in the face that if he want to continue playing the game (raiding) he has to actually spec into healer.

It's not like dungeons were a big part of the game, but he just got tired of all that drama that he can't ("shouldn't") roll on agi gear because "he is a healer" and can't roll on int gear because "he is a feral" created by randoms in our groups... and there wasn't much to do in open world besides farming stuff he won't use later anyways
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-05-07 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Well, the stuff that will annoy me a bit are the missing AoE loot and dual spec.

I know I can tank most stuff in fury spec. Still switching specs on the fly is convenient. Also I will have to go farm various stuff and if you kill 3-4 enemies and have to loot them separately it's not really cool...

But I consider it mildly annoying - nothing game breaking...

10+ Year Old Account
    No class/spec balance.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is ok, but no transmog is yadda yadda!
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Only thing better than Classic WoW is TBC and Wotlk for me. If they ever release those, that's where I'll be.

15+ Year Old Account
    * No limit on use of consumables, aside those that stack with other buffs

* World buffs and Quest buffs usable inside instanced raids
    --- https://www.youtube.com/citanoo
    --- http://www.twitch.tv/Citano
    * Former retail raider of <Pacifism>, <Forte> and <Envy>
    * Part of classic guild <APES> from day 1

I would love if hunters and the hybrid specs were at least a bit closer to pure DPS specs.

Its ok that pure DPS classes do more dps but it should not be like double the dps compared to hybrid dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I would love if hunters and the hybrid specs were at least a bit closer to pure DPS specs.

Its ok that pure DPS classes do more dps but it should not be like double the dps compared to hybrid dps.
    Wasn't the "hybrid tax" something like 15-30% or something?

I'd like to see some QoL improvements like aoe looting, instant mail and dual spec that does not actually affect balance. But I understand - it's either "why did you make X change but not Y" holywar or no changes at all.

It's funny, nearly every single option from the poll are actually elements which are the very reasons why I'm hyped for Classic.
    And the only ones which I don't consider downright "positive" fall into the "not a problem".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You can pick option #20 and specify in your post what was that one thing you didn't like in vanilla WoW.

And I honestly find it hard to believe that you enjoyed every single little thing about Classic. I mean, it's possible you did enjoy everything, I just find very hard to believe.
    There is some things I didn't enjoy, but whatever is in your list are either things I enjoy, or things I can live with without it bothering me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Just about all of those.
    Hint : if you'll miss everything from modern WoW in Vanilla, maybe you just doesn't like Vanilla. Just a guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    While it is satisfying to really explore, especially in zones you haven't quested in that much, the fact that you get no visual indicator ingame where a quest is done really gets tiresome quickly. It's only immersive that long to look through quest texts and only get a very vague direction on where to go.

This leads to any serious player having quest addons to do questing that needs to be maintained and updated.
    I never, ever used any quest addons and I only rarely encountered quests where I had no idea where to look. In these few cases, I could usually just ask someone on the chat.
    If someone consider it a hassle to read quest text or speak to people in a MMORPG... Well, maybe THAT is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    For example, Auto-loot - It already exists(shift+click corpse), but having to have shift held-down every time is bothersome. Just make it an UI tickbox like it was in later versions.
    Yeah, but that's going to be implemented in Classic.