View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Optional cosmetic stuff that doesnt changes gameplay directly like transmog and updated druid models would be awesome.
    You could argue transmog does affect gameplay (PvP). Sure, HP is usually a good indicator, but knowing what gear your opponent has is kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Marked all of them and can add 5 times more. It still amazes me that some ppl want to play classic at all xd ( an instance taking 4 hours to complete because of random dcs, rage quiting, ninja looting, being lost before finding the entrance to the dungeon xd and much more )
    Well, what amazes me is that people who hates Classic still waste their time reading the Classic forums and shitposting on them. And people loving Classic at least have a valid reason to play it, while you don't even have that. So guess who's got the most puzzling act ?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    My vote goes to hunter pet, but not just feeding and keeping happy, but the monotony of "training" its skills.
    Get a level 12 cat? Cool, you have Rank 2 Claw.
    Leveled aaaaaaaaall the way to 60? Awesome! It still has Rank 2 Claw and you can't just buy it from a trainer.
    Nah, fam, you gotta go tame a diff pet that has the rank you want, have it fight some shit so *you* learn it, then you gotta swap on back and try to teach it to your other pet by way of "go attack some shit until it happens".
    Now you've done that, but you don't have "that cat", you know, the one with the shorter swing time from STV.
    Time to go camp it... even though you're better off waiting for a low pop time because everyone and their grandmas will be PVPing in STV, and should you be so lucky as to not get ganked, odds are some turd sandwich is gonna hit it while you're taming (wasn't it a super long cst back then, like closer to 10 sec? Can't remember), so it will break the tame and you just lost minutes to hours of your life trying to get BIS pet.

Just an added level of aggravation, considering Lock pets just level automatically, have no happiness meter, and get spells of appropriate rank right out the gate.
    But "it's RPG stuff". So whatevs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Hint : if you'll miss everything from modern WoW in Vanilla, maybe you just doesn't like Vanilla. Just a guess.
    Never said that it’d prevent me from enjoying vanilla, just that I’d miss that stuff.

Also most, not all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is some things I didn't enjoy, but whatever is in your list are either things I enjoy, or things I can live with without it bothering me.
    As in the post you quoted, you could've picked option #20 and specified in your post if you felt like sharing.

MMO-C puts a hard limit of 20 options for your polls, plus, like I mentioned before, I did forget quite a few things, like automatic dismount when you get into a deep enough body of water, or weapon skills, guild banks, etc.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Not excited about fewer graveyards, fewer flight paths, and that god-awful hour-long wait for mail

I would say the hybrid tax in the way that hybrids weren't given the tools to not run out of gas. Sure, non-hybrids run out of gas too, but usually have enough skills or spells to replenish themselves (if not gimping their DPS a little) or weird itemization that was required (cat druid needs strength is a good example) are my biggest concerns. The 16 debuff slot thing was a huge disappointment for me when they announced they would keep that limitation, especially after saying how they didn't have to and the devs at the time would have removed it if they could have. Would open up a lot of the game and the only thing that would need tuning would be health bars really and not even by much since most debuffs were utility anyway.

4+ days of leveling with about 60% downtime drinking/eating between pulls.

Ye that's literally the worst thing for classic. There is no fun in not playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I would say the hybrid tax in the way that hybrids weren't given the tools to not run out of gas. Sure, non-hybrids run out of gas too, but usually have enough skills or spells to replenish themselves (if not gimping their DPS a little) or weird itemization that was required (cat druid needs strength is a good example) are my biggest concerns. The 16 debuff slot thing was a huge disappointment for me when they announced they would keep that limitation, especially after saying how they didn't have to and the devs at the time would have removed it if they could have. Would open up a lot of the game and the only thing that would need tuning would be health bars really and not even by much since most debuffs were utility anyway.
    Actually, the "hybrid tax" was an actual baked-in damage reduction for the hybrid classes.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, the "hybrid tax" was an actual baked-in damage reduction for the hybrid classes.
    Yes, I understand that. They were also purposefully not given tools to recover resources like pure classes which compounded the problem.

The idea of getting healed as a prot paladin giving you mana (which came about in WOTLK) was discussed long before then in Classic. Having Judgment give back mana for ret/prot was talked about by players in Classic. Shadow priests giving the group mana was talked about in Classic. There are plenty of examples of QoL changes that if implemented in Classic would have made the game more fun for every spec and keeping the core Classic style game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Just an added level of aggravation, considering Lock pets just level automatically, have no happiness meter, and get spells of appropriate rank right out the gate.
    But "it's RPG stuff". So whatevs.
    Don't forget about warlock pets not being able to keep up with carrot+fastest mount and disappear when you get too far, so you have to resummon them with a 10 second long cast. Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Don't forget about warlock pets not being able to keep up with carrot+fastest mount and disappear when you get too far, so you have to resummon them with a 10 second long cast. Good times
    True, pets in general were pretty derp-y.
    Getting caught on stuff, not getting on the boat with you, all sorts of silly pathing issues.

Side Note: My fave irritation with pets was in BC.
    Once you got flying, pets wouldn't disappear until you ranged them, so if you were flying like 20 yards above the ground, they would try to run after you, aggro'ing everything in their path and end up dying because back then, 60% flying just wasn't fast enough to range them.
    Sure don't miss that...

5+ Year Old Account
    I love everything about classic except for the actual raid combat being mostly "spam 1 spell" on classes I'd otherwise enjoy. Warlocks are awesome, as are Mages, but their spam 1 color of magicbolt "playstyle" is really boring to me.

Having to mind aggro, farming resistance gear and all the other things Classic are awesome and I love them, but having MC-level mechanics coupled with 1 button spam classes all over the game is pretty boring to me. Debuff cap doesn't help.

I'll just play a Warrior, seems fun enough for me but if I could, I'd love a Vanilla WoW with more active spells to use. But that's just me, and for Classic's sake I'd rather see it be as faithful as possible

PVP will be heaps of fun I reckon, and it's what I'll do most if I wind up playing, but most bosses having 1 mechanic and then just coming down to doing the most boring rotation ever conceived kinda blows. Warrior and Hunter are...Servicable, I for one enjoy complex over the top rotations, but those two are probably all I'll be playing and they're not that complex to begin with.
    Last edited by Grevmak; 2019-05-17 at 04:11 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its taking too long to come out. Thats the only problem i have so far

Transmog. Other than that, my stereotypical dwarf hunter with white bear pet is ready to roll
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why AoE looting is so important to people compared to some other things on that list. No dual spec, to me, is the most annoying missing feature from the list. Really quite sucks for healers and tanks. I'm also surprised mob tagging isn't on the list as this will probably be one of the most frustrating parts of the launch. Back then, only one person/party got the tag on a mob. If you helped kill it but weren't in party, sorry but no credit for you and have fun waiting for a respawn. Modern WoW also has a spawning mechanic where spawn times scale faster the higher population the zone is. Need to kill 12 boars? Time to battle like 200 other people for the tags. It's not game breaking sure, but launch will be very painful as I suppose it should be.

Most of those will definitely be difficult to acclimate to (the main exceptions being hunter pets and older graphics, I don't mind those). But my #1 will be the AH and mailbox not having do-all functionality, meaning way more clicking involved. I do not miss having to spend half my time online wrestling with the bank alt and the AH/mailbox. Nowadays if you want to put up 200 stacks of peacebloom for the same price it'd take literally 3 seconds. Back then each stack you had to type in all the numbers manually for every individual auction.

Also no summoning stones. Apparently that wasn't the last patch, but the BC pre-patch. I still want them anyway, damn it. The runs to dungeons like Scarlet Monastery for alliance were ludicrous. The closest FP was Southshore I think, 3 zones away. And you probably didn't have a mount yet.

No AOE looting in vanilla is overrated tbh.

I was a frost mage and farmed a lot and it didn't bother me at all back then. Most players will never aoe down multiple mobs

At first i wanted to say mogging.
    I love me some transmog, but there is at the same time a certain charm to everyone looking like a deranged murder hobo with the worst fashion sense ever. And being able to quickly see at a glance who is geared to the teeth in sick gear is cool too. Not just tier sets, but seeing those BiS geared Fury Warriors. I didn't even play a Warrior back then(Huntard) but i can easily picture the BiS Fury clownsuit, even after all these years. You see one of them and you instantly know that this guy knows his shit.

My actual biggest pet peeve is going to be a strange one.
    No Barber Shop.

This is going to make my choice in Race and features(hair, face, etc) take forever. I am going to have to carefully go to each and every option, and then even logging in to get a good proper view of the toon before i decide, and potentionally rerolling if i think something is off.

I decided to roll a Dwarf Rogue as an alt, made him a dark haired Dwarf with the ashy/grey skin. Decided it was a good look because he looked like this grimey son of a bitch that would backstab his cousin for a piece of gold.

Then, around lv25ish i was doing a Dungeon with a friend and he pointed out that it looked like my Dwarf's moustache was growing out of his nostrils. Completely ruined the toon for me. Had to reroll to a Gnome Rogue after that. Once i noticed the nostrilstache myself i just couldn't take my toon seriously anymore.

(Yes, i'm a strange person)
    Yohohoho

Poll needs an "inevitable round of whining players requesting supposed QOL changes to Classic about 2 weeks after release" option.