View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    man its always annoying that most answers people put in such polls are so dumb and generic and almost dont matter

out of all of them i'd say no arenas is the only true downside

but the main downside of vanilla is class design being rather shit(which is understandable tho, cuz it was a new game)

other things like no mount tabs etc. are downsides, but minor ones

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Poll needs an "inevitable round of whining players requesting supposed QOL changes to Classic about 2 weeks after release" option.
    You mean more than the ones that I see all over the place already. Although I notice most of those are from people that just want retail rewind to classic and not true fans that just want to play vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    4+ days of leveling with about 60% downtime drinking/eating between pulls.

Ye that's literally the worst thing for classic. There is no fun in not playing the game.
    There is no way you'll level in only 4 days. And downtime is heavily reliant on which class you play, which talent you use and the gear you select - that's where the tunnel vision of high-level content falls flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, the "hybrid tax" was an actual baked-in damage reduction for the hybrid classes.
    If you meant that classes able to do more than one role were tuned to do less damage, that's true. But the way you tell it seems to mean there was some sort of mechanism which checked the class and reduced the damage, and that's certainly absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    I'm also surprised mob tagging isn't on the list as this will probably be one of the most frustrating parts of the launch. Back then, only one person/party got the tag on a mob. If you helped kill it but weren't in party, sorry but no credit for you and have fun waiting for a respawn.
    Because this new tagging system is pure retarded shit that destroys the whole interaction between players. Exclusive tagging was one of the two main driving force to group up, prevented exploit-like behaviour to make others kill whole groups for you and didn't allow a mob to give ten times its loot just because ten people damaged it.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Having to spend excessive amounts of time. I'd like to do some dungeons and a raid or two but don't want to have to commit for more than ~two hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If you meant that classes able to do more than one role were tuned to do less damage, that's true. But the way you tell it seems to mean there was some sort of mechanism which checked the class and reduced the damage, and that's certainly absurd.
    It wasn't me who coined the term. I just took it as it shows on WoWPedia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    I'm also surprised mob tagging isn't on the list as this will probably be one of the most frustrating parts of the launch. Back then, only one person/party got the tag on a mob.
    The answer is simple: I forgot. Plus only being able to only put 20 options for the poll. I reached 19 fairly quickly (with #20 being 'other'), to be honest. But yes, I wouldn't put that on the list if I remembered, and maybe other stuff I forgot like 'no guild banks' and weapon skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Because this new tagging system is pure retarded shit that destroys the whole interaction between players.
    I guess you never "trained" mobs onto someone else fighting to have them be hit and aggro the other player?

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Reductio ad absurdum is only valid when it builds on assertions which are actually present in the argument it is deconstructing, and not when it misrepresents them as a straw man, which is your case precisely. You literally argued that no-change crowd must also be against addons never existed back in the days (like every single Vanilla addon always existed in every moment of her lifespan, or guys back in the days never come up with new addons), or falsely claim no-changers are for shading in starting zones etc. Those are in fact straw-man arguments posing as valid reductio ad absurdum. I guess I misused terminology while still being correct on the essence, you fuckface (since I enjoy some ad-hominems here and there as well)
    Logical Fallacy - Straw man
    A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Once again, you are wrong. you really gotta get your shit together man, this isn't looking good :/ maybe learn the definitions of the terms you are throwing around before you use them you pseudo intellectual

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gold costs. I was god awful at making gold back when it was current because I was a kid. Even now as an adult I'm still not that great at making gold even on live so we'll see how it goes lol

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    People dont seemed to be too concerned about the respec cost. But for me, it give me pause and makes me want to hesitate a little.
    I want to damage and heal in both PVE and PVP. Because of the respec costs, I will have to roll 2 toons. And rolling 2 toons in classic will be almost intolerable for me personally. One is enough. Not asking for dual spec,, just remove the respec costs. JMHO.
    Last edited by kunah; 2019-05-20 at 02:24 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Far fewer GY is gonna be awful.

Transmogs will probably pop up later, but if they are smart, it will be locked behind a long questline and costing a lot of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Transmogs will probably pop up later, but if they are smart, it will be locked behind a long questline and costing a lot of gold.
    I...just....no.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I...just....no.
    it will happen, if you want transmog, roam around azeroth and find some tomes about Transmog after you found a tome about that in AQ40 or Naxxramas.

and it will be on the same vein as Onyxia's attunement quest

Aoe looting and fewer graveyards is pretty much the only thing that annoys me a bit. The other stuff I like being gone, especially transmog which I detest.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dual spec is the most important thing.

Nobody wants to be specced tank or heal in the open world and this is creating a massive tank and healer shortage for dungeons. Prepare yourselfs for shadowpriest healers and arms warrior tanks.
    Yeah, lack of dual specs will be kind of lame. You had to visit a class trainer, pay the gold, and then go back to whatever you were doing when you needed to respec. And that gold cost got pretty high by Classic WoW standards (iirc, it topped out at 50 gold, which was a pretty good chunk back then if you had to respec frequently).

Not that you couldn't get away with arms warrior tanking for at least dungeons (I did it a few times), but that could get hard to pull off if the rest of your group couldn't keep up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Logical Fallacy - Straw man
    A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Once again, you are wrong. you really gotta get your shit together man, this isn't looking good :/ maybe learn the definitions of the terms you are throwing around before you use them you pseudo intellectual
    Oof. I don't even care which one of you is right, I just wish that people on the internet would stop announcing the names of fallacies like they're abilities in an anime.

P.S. I just read the discussion, and it's you. You're the wrong one.

You replied to somebody who said they couldn't think of anything they disliked about the game, arguing that their statement was incompatible with their also finding some things inconvenient. You also contend that because classic differs in some ways from vanilla, it is in some way paradoxical to like both.

So this doesn't work at all. First off, 'there is nothing I dislike' != 'I like everything'. You also can't conflate 'this is inconvenient' with 'I dislike this' such that you use them interchangably in your argument. It is inconvenient to have to pause a movie to use the bathroom, yet it would be incorrect to assume that I specifically dislike going to the bathroom when I'm watching a movie.

I'm sure the bait and switch was unintentional, but it's there and it fucks your argument.

Classic and Vanilla aren't mutually exclusive either. Even if they share certain elements, and the specifics of those elements differ, liking one implies no contradiction when it comes to expressing an identical preference for the other. What is being expressed is a positive preference towards the sum of the individual parts. It is clearly possible for the individual value of each of those parts to differ between the two experiences in such a way that the net value for both remains positive. Again, what you've done here is confuse the fact that somebody values specific items within a set with their valuing the set as a whole. One of those things is not like the other.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-20 at 05:47 PM.

Definitely AoE looting. It doesn't break immersion or balance of the game whatsoever and is just one of those QoL changes that would be worth it to see changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Not to be a dick but, classic in general. I have no real like or dislike of it. I played it when it was live and I have no idea why anyone thinks this is going to be a great stride for WoW. Those who played it back when it was live I can see the nostalgia of it I guess but the people you played with won't be the same. You've already experienced the content for the most part, seeing most of it has been re-released, so I don't see the people who claim they want to experience it as it was. They are adding cross realm stuff so you won't have the server bonds everyone used to claim was great. I mean the whole hour trip to run SM only to get picked off by random horde running out to the Zeppelin was a great time... I am guessing this thread is aimed at people who didn't play it when it was live? I mean if you have 8+ hours a day with nothing to do you might enjoy it I mean that's the way it was.

All of those save for a few add something to the experience, IMO.

Most options included in this poll should've been included in Classic. All the Vanilla bugs should've been fixed as well. For 2 years everyone complained about the bugs, now u want them back in the game. Wtf is wrong with y'all? Why not enjoying Classic with better quality of life? Or better models?

Why is the same people for Classic so over the moon for W3 remastered? Hypocrisy? You guys are so stubborn...it's unbelievable. I could try to explain how nonsensical you are, but u would never understand.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quality of life features are what made the game into the heap of trash it is nowadays, folks. Careful what you wish for.

OT: The only thing that is objectively inferior are the old graphics, I'd like for all of Azeroth to look as good graphically as the modern zones