Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Summers almost here, where is release date?

Anyone know when the release date is yet?

Will be cool when it comes out.

Don't care, want them to do it right, not fast and sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    That’s what she said?

a lot of people are hoping for july 16th or even sooner, but they still haven't announced when beta will start so im starting to think august is looking more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    july 16 hopefully
    How can you still hope for that? Late August should be the earliest, realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    a lot of people are hoping for july 16th or even sooner, but they still haven't announced when beta will start so im starting to think august is looking more realistic
    Without a date or beta announced yet, Sept 20th is my guess.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My bet is late August, but it could be early September.

I bet it's after the sub ends for the people who bought Dreadwake Mount which gave 6 months.. because money. Prob august

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My bet is late August, but it could be early September.

mine too, because they will definitely not program the release against their own product (8.2 and the raid). More like two months after the raid, when things start to slow down again in terms of subscribers.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    I bet it's after the sub ends for the people who bought Dreadwake Mount which gave 6 months.. because money. Prob august
    Pretty sure that's already over. Wasn't that promotion back in like, September or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    Seems like they want to make Classic scalable, which private servers aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    If you watched the latest blizzcon you'd know it's not just a re-release. They're building it off of the 7.3.5 client and they're even making changes this time around. Also, the unpaid hobbyist fans have never been able to provide an authentic experience, ever. So yes, they for sure need time to "get it right".

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotal View Post
    If you watched the latest blizzcon you'd know it's not just a re-release. They're building it off of the 7.3.5 client and they're even making changes this time around. Also, the unpaid hobbyist fans have never been able to provide an authentic experience, ever. So yes, they for sure need time to "get it right".
    Actually, the unpaid hobbyists nailed it and are currently providing an incredible experience with a pretty good community.

Most of blizzards releases seem to land around September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Actually, the unpaid hobbyists nailed it and are currently providing an incredible experience with a pretty good community.
    No. On every server (I played all the popular vanilla ones) there are always things that are off, such as:

Basic loot tables(random mobs always drop too much)
    Mob damage
    Bugged abilities
    Nodes spawn time (mining, herbalism) are either too fast or too slow. This leads to a screwed up economy.
    Mob and hunter pet pathing (especially in caves)
    Many bugged quests
    Band aid fixes to boss mechanics and damage when no one can provide info on how it really was back in the day
    Abusive and corrupt staff.
    Almost every npc have no dialogue. "Greetings <name>" on most npcs.

The list goes on but you get my point.

All these things and probably many more which I did not mention here are what blizzard will take their time on fixing before release, and I'd wait a thousand years to play classic rather than play a single private server again
    Last edited by Pivotal; 2019-05-01 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Pretty sure that's already over. Wasn't that promotion back in like, September or something?
    Wow you're right. I guess it just hasn't felt that long for me. Anywho, I would love for classic to release june / july but that's probably super optimistic. We can dream though

Blizzard isn't going to be present on Gamescom in August this year, which could mean Classic is out before that.

Maybe it's just me, but it would be worth hyping Classic a bit before the release. To get more people to sub. Nothing to hype if it's already out.