Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't know enough about programming etc to really say this, but it seems that if private servers can come and go very quickly then Blizzard who is a huge company should be able to produce these servers ALOT faster than they have done. Please, if private servers can do it so fast, what is taking Blizzard so long, please do explain to me.
    I'd say that the 1-2 years they've been working on classic with a small team is quite a lot faster than the 14.5 years that the private server emulators has been in development, and they're still not perfect.

I don't think it'll happen in July. Not sure they'd want to release in the same month that FF XIV is putting out an expansion. I could see a September release, it'll be easier then to coax people out XIV's expansion as it will have been out for a month. And no, this isn't a statement as to which game is better, just purely business tactics.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

I think it will be 1-2 months after 8.2 so as to spread out their content and get the most subs. However they did mention "a classic summer" so you would assume that meant players will have access to the game for at least a decent amount of the summer. When is the summer holidays over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    While that might be somewhat correct for your location, it's actually factually entirely incorrect.

Astrological summer ends at the fall equinox, which happens on Monday, September 23, 3:50 A.M. EDT this year. This is generally referred to as "end of summer" (in northern hemisphere)
    There's also a meteorological end of summer, which I believe is 1st September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_equinox

This comes up every time in this forum when Blizzard refers to their launch dates as "before end of summer" - and then sets the deadline to 20-23rd September.
    The meteorological convention is to define summer as comprising the months of June, July, and August in the northern hemisphere and the months of December, January, and February in the southern hemisphere.[4][5] Under meteorological definitions, all seasons are arbitrarily set to start at the beginning of a calendar month and end at the end of a month.[4] This meteorological definition of summer also aligns with the commonly viewed notion of summer as the season with the longest (and warmest) days of the year, in which daylight predominates. The meteorological reckoning of seasons is used in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Russia and Japan. It is also used by many in the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2019-05-08 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    It took those teams years, many of the things are filled with tons of bugs, nothing like how vanilla wow actually was, dont work with alot of players, and would never work with a battlenet application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I don't think it'll happen in July. Not sure they'd want to release in the same month that FF XIV is putting out an expansion. I could see a September release, it'll be easier then to coax people out XIV's expansion as it will have been out for a month. And no, this isn't a statement as to which game is better, just purely business tactics.
    I dont think so either, but not for that reason. Traditionally blizzard always does this, just look back on ffxiv/swtor or eso patches/xpacs, WoW almost always has a counter....they aint dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I dont think so either, but not for that reason. Traditionally blizzard always does this, just look back on ffxiv/swtor or eso patches/xpacs, WoW almost always has a counter....they aint dumb.
    True, but the difference here is potentially playing something you've already played (Vanilla) or playing something new (XIV expansion), I don't think it would mesh well and would potentially cause harm to the Vanilla server launch. But still could go either way. But also considering we haven't seen a Beta yet, is another good reason why July is probably out.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    True, but the difference here is potentially playing something you've already played (Vanilla) or playing something new (XIV expansion), I don't think it would mesh well and would potentially cause harm to the Vanilla server launch. But still could go either way. But also considering we haven't seen a Beta yet, is another good reason why July is probably out.
    Ya for me thats why, no mention of beta, no release date and they need to start advertising. Were looking at august at the earliest. Also dont forget how old WoW is lol, there are gonna be a ton of players where vanilla will be a brand new experience, i think it could easily compete with other games brand new xpacs

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Anyone know when the release date is yet?
    summer officially runs til mid september. your guess is as good as anyones.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    Without a date or beta announced yet, Sept 20th is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My bet is late August, but it could be early September.
    Blizzard said summer. So Aug 31st is the latest without breaking promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Give them some credit. Blizzard would never be dishonest about anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    The meteorological reckoning of seasons is used in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Russia and Japan. It is also used by many in the United Kingdom.
    Exactly! Summer might mean that in your location, but Blizzard isn’t based in any of those places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Summer ends September 23rd. See above posts.. We’ve als o been though this with previous expacs.

They said it's gonna be a summer release. That's all you get until they announce more. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    fair enough. i still prefer free servers to paid right now. I do not care for gameplay where every person has the exact same experience as it is designed to be
    A private server can just disappear without warning and you loose all your progress. Especially if blizzard will up their efforts to squash them, now that they are offering their own alternative...

I refer too:
    Soon™: Copyright pending 2004-2019 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[1]

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's not going to happen in the next 3 months. 8.2 will be Blizzards MAU grab for this quarter, Classic will be the next quarter.
    you're high if you think 8.2 is going to move the needle, i have always played wow and told people to come back, BfA is the first time i've ever told people to stay away and even though all i need to do is farm some rep for flying when 8.2 hits i won't be doing that because the game has been so consistently awful this expac. 8.2 won't fix the core issues the game has and people know that, so even die hard wow fans like myself have given up until we see major changes that are moving in the right direction and another addon system with the neck is not the right direction. we saw how that worked with weapons, you grind out power and then have it all taken away at the end of the expac and you feel like you just wasted your time even more than usual while playing a video game, which is hard to do.

a big part of why myself and so many others are excited for classic is that we know exactly what it was and what it is and we know that they aren't going to make changes, which means for the first time in a long time we can play an mmo that isn't actively being ruined by whoever has been making decisions for the past few expacs.

I am here to rattle your cage.

Did you consider maybe that their "see in you in classic summer" means that they are going to open a beta or something and NOT a full release? Just a tiny bit?
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    summer officially runs til mid september. your guess is as good as anyones.
    Not everywhere.

In my country, summer is officially 1/6 to 31/8.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    August, 31 is the last day of Summer. September is Autumn. I, personally, hope for June, 1 release. Would be a good surprise.
    In which country?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    august, 31 is the last day of summer. September is autumn.
    ^^ qft

/10
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

oh guys for f sake...

Yes, there are 2 equally valid definitions of summer, meteorological and asterological. Shall we for arguments sake just take the widest possible definition of summer, ranging from the first of june to the 21st of september?

Question remains: GIEF ANNOUNCEMENTS :'(