Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I bet in the middle of August

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling it will be between June 1 and August 30.

they said it would be "a classic summer," which is kind of hard to justify with a late august or september release date. im not too worried about it, bug tested client with a game that is 10+ years old and internal testing for the past year+, doubt they'll get much out of a public beta but im sure they will do it soon anyways.

my guess is july 30th. anything within 2 weeks of that is also fine but the sooner the better. oh and if they could change things up and make it a friday release to give people an opening weekend to go ham would be nice but i doubt that.

You will need to wait for closed beta, then you will likely hear a date.

We know they're testing alpha internally right now. We're barely half way through spring so I'm not even worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    Yeah it only took them 10+ years to develop private servers, Blizzard should be able to do it in a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same answer as always:

Soon™
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    who took 10 years ? there were already private servers during tbc
    Yes and how well developed were those?

Blizzard have a trend to announce the release date around 2-4 months before the game or expansion is released. Since we're within that period now (2 months = July, 4 months = September) I'd guess we'll get our release date now in May.

So just chill for 1-3 weeks and you'll know it soon enough =)
    Last edited by Askyl; 2019-05-06 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    November 23rd ;P
    Bam!

They'll postpone the release and give the reason they want to tie it into WoW's 15th anniversary.

Technically still summer release..

..in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Russia, of course, who cares about US?
    Well let's go by the Russian summer then!

/ThumbsUp

Does Blizzard typically release on Tuesdays or Fridays? I'm thinking September 10th, the Tuesday after the week of Labor Day

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't know enough about programming etc to really say this, but it seems that if private servers can come and go very quickly then Blizzard who is a huge company should be able to produce these servers ALOT faster than they have done. Please, if private servers can do it so fast, what is taking Blizzard so long, please do explain to me.
    I'd say that the 1-2 years they've been working on classic with a small team is quite a lot faster than the 14.5 years that the private server emulators has been in development, and they're still not perfect.

I think it will be 1-2 months after 8.2 so as to spread out their content and get the most subs. However they did mention "a classic summer" so you would assume that meant players will have access to the game for at least a decent amount of the summer. When is the summer holidays over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    While that might be somewhat correct for your location, it's actually factually entirely incorrect.

Astrological summer ends at the fall equinox, which happens on Monday, September 23, 3:50 A.M. EDT this year. This is generally referred to as "end of summer" (in northern hemisphere)
    There's also a meteorological end of summer, which I believe is 1st September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_equinox

This comes up every time in this forum when Blizzard refers to their launch dates as "before end of summer" - and then sets the deadline to 20-23rd September.
    The meteorological convention is to define summer as comprising the months of June, July, and August in the northern hemisphere and the months of December, January, and February in the southern hemisphere.[4][5] Under meteorological definitions, all seasons are arbitrarily set to start at the beginning of a calendar month and end at the end of a month.[4] This meteorological definition of summer also aligns with the commonly viewed notion of summer as the season with the longest (and warmest) days of the year, in which daylight predominates. The meteorological reckoning of seasons is used in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Russia and Japan. It is also used by many in the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2019-05-08 at 01:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    It took those teams years, many of the things are filled with tons of bugs, nothing like how vanilla wow actually was, dont work with alot of players, and would never work with a battlenet application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I don't think it'll happen in July. Not sure they'd want to release in the same month that FF XIV is putting out an expansion. I could see a September release, it'll be easier then to coax people out XIV's expansion as it will have been out for a month. And no, this isn't a statement as to which game is better, just purely business tactics.
    I dont think so either, but not for that reason. Traditionally blizzard always does this, just look back on ffxiv/swtor or eso patches/xpacs, WoW almost always has a counter....they aint dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    True, but the difference here is potentially playing something you've already played (Vanilla) or playing something new (XIV expansion), I don't think it would mesh well and would potentially cause harm to the Vanilla server launch. But still could go either way. But also considering we haven't seen a Beta yet, is another good reason why July is probably out.
    Ya for me thats why, no mention of beta, no release date and they need to start advertising. Were looking at august at the earliest. Also dont forget how old WoW is lol, there are gonna be a ton of players where vanilla will be a brand new experience, i think it could easily compete with other games brand new xpacs

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Anyone know when the release date is yet?
    summer officially runs til mid september. your guess is as good as anyones.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    Without a date or beta announced yet, Sept 20th is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My bet is late August, but it could be early September.
    Blizzard said summer. So Aug 31st is the latest without breaking promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard said summer. So Aug 31st is the latest without breaking promises.
    Give them some credit. Blizzard would never be dishonest about anything ever.