Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They said it's gonna be a summer release. That's all you get until they announce more. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    fair enough. i still prefer free servers to paid right now. I do not care for gameplay where every person has the exact same experience as it is designed to be
    A private server can just disappear without warning and you loose all your progress. Especially if blizzard will up their efforts to squash them, now that they are offering their own alternative...

I refer too:
    Soon™: Copyright pending 2004-2019 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[1]

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's not going to happen in the next 3 months. 8.2 will be Blizzards MAU grab for this quarter, Classic will be the next quarter.
    you're high if you think 8.2 is going to move the needle, i have always played wow and told people to come back, BfA is the first time i've ever told people to stay away and even though all i need to do is farm some rep for flying when 8.2 hits i won't be doing that because the game has been so consistently awful this expac. 8.2 won't fix the core issues the game has and people know that, so even die hard wow fans like myself have given up until we see major changes that are moving in the right direction and another addon system with the neck is not the right direction. we saw how that worked with weapons, you grind out power and then have it all taken away at the end of the expac and you feel like you just wasted your time even more than usual while playing a video game, which is hard to do.

a big part of why myself and so many others are excited for classic is that we know exactly what it was and what it is and we know that they aren't going to make changes, which means for the first time in a long time we can play an mmo that isn't actively being ruined by whoever has been making decisions for the past few expacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    summer officially runs til mid september. your guess is as good as anyones.
    Not everywhere.

In my country, summer is officially 1/6 to 31/8.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    August, 31 is the last day of Summer. September is Autumn. I, personally, hope for June, 1 release. Would be a good surprise.
    In which country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    august, 31 is the last day of summer. September is autumn.
    ^^ qft

/10
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

oh guys for f sake...

Yes, there are 2 equally valid definitions of summer, meteorological and asterological. Shall we for arguments sake just take the widest possible definition of summer, ranging from the first of june to the 21st of september?

Question remains: GIEF ANNOUNCEMENTS :'(

It's freezing cold here. Coldest spring since 40 years. This year's summer will be late...

Where is the global warming when we need it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    Without a date or beta announced yet, Sept 20th is my guess.
    will they even run a beta test?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Exactly! Summer might mean that in your location, but Blizzard isn’t based in any of those places.

- - - Updated - - -

Summer ends September 23rd. See above posts.. We’ve als o been though this with previous expacs.
    And just like previous expac, when Blizzard says summer they mean real summer, not some made up hippie stuff that follows the moons. Before Sep 1st or Blizzard lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll release it after the end of GoT this way they'll grab the attention of any GoT refugee that has nothing to do after the show's ending

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And just like previous expac, when Blizzard says summer they mean real summer, not some made up hippie stuff that follows the moons. Before Sep 1st or Blizzard lied.
    you.. you do know the concept of "summer" as in the sun/moon cycle was created in ancient Sumeria right? And it's not just the concept of summer vacations from school right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    will they even run a beta test?
    internal alpha has started.
    closed alpha will follow soon™
    closed beta will follow a while after soon™

expect the release in september

I know what the release date is.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    They'll release it after the end of GoT this way they'll grab the attention of any GoT refugee that has nothing to do after the show's ending

- - - Updated - - -

you.. you do know the concept of "summer" as in the sun/moon cycle was created in ancient Sumeria right? And it's not just the concept of summer vacations from school right?
    Put away your fake disbelief to try and underline your "point". I follow science, not religion, mate. Summer in the NH is from June 1st to 31 Aug. That is a fact. Blizzard said NH summer. Not delivering before September makes Blizzard liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's not a lie, if back then they thought it to be true. Shit happens. Plans change.

But i still expect them to deliver on time.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put away your fake disbelief to try and underline your "point". I follow science, not religion, mate. Summer in the NH is from June 1st to 31 Aug. That is a fact. Blizzard said NH summer. Not delivering before September makes Blizzard liars.

You need to start going to school more

Blizzard is well known for postponing releases. I don't blame them - it is better to have well polished product later than bugged early. Since Beta hasn't even started and the summer is close - my bet is September, or maybe even later.
    Also, they definitely don't want Classic to interfere with Azshara raid. 8.2 is in June, the raid itself is in July, and people need some time to actually play it and progress through the content. So it is September-October.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

You need to start going to school more
    we dont speak animal

I have a feeling that they are going to treat classic more as a patch then as a new product launching so I wouldn't expect more then a 2-3 week release announcement.