Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How is Epic competing WHEN THEY DON'T OFFER THE SAME PRODUCTS?
    How is MS and Sony competing when they each have their own exclusives?!

    Putting it in caps doesn't make your comment make anymore sense, you're trying to make up your own definition of the word. They are in the same market, digital game distribution on PC. They are competing. No amount of bullshit you spew otherwise is going to hold here and I'm not even gonna humor the rest of your post after you thought "gee I'll caps lock that will REALLY get my false point across!"

  2. #202
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    How is MS and Sony competing when they each have their own exclusives?!

    Putting it in caps doesn't make your comment make anymore sense, you're trying to make up your own definition of the word. They are in the same market, digital game distribution on PC. They are competing. No amount of bullshit you spew otherwise is going to hold here and I'm not even gonna humor the rest of your post after you thought "gee I'll caps lock that will REALLY get my false point across!"
    MS and Sony are competing because they sell the same games. If I want to play CoD? I can play CoD on either console. If I want to play Metro Exodus? I can choose. Most of the games on the consoles, even the big ones, are on both consoles. It's only a small number of first or second party games that are exclusive, like the PS's Spiderman, God of War, or any Naughty Dog game. Most are on both platforms.

    Name 1 big game that is on both Steam and the EGS.

    I'm not even gonna humor the rest of your post after you thought "gee I'll caps lock that will REALLY get my false point across!"
    Cool, you have nothing to say then

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    MS and Sony are competing because they sell the same games.
    EGS and Steam sell the same games.

    Do you even fact check before you post shit? Did you really just assume every game on the EGS is exclusive? https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/ Look for yourself genius. The majority of the games on EGS are also on steam. The exclusives are the minority.

    Claiming they aren't competing services is literally the dumbest take yet in this thread. Congrats.

  4. #204
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    EGS and Steam sell the same games.

    Do you even fact check before you post shit? Did you really just assume every game on the EGS is exclusive? https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/ Look for yourself genius. The majority of the games on EGS are also on steam. The exclusives are the minority.

    Claiming they aren't competing services is literally the dumbest take yet in this thread. Congrats.
    They're selling the same INDIE games. Name one AAA game that they share.

    Indies are a completely different beast

    And let's have a look at the top 10:
    Shakedown Hawaii - not out yet
    Hades - Not on steam
    Close to the sun - Not on steam
    World War Z - Not on steam
    Sinking City - Won't be out until 2020
    Satisfactory - Not on steam
    Borderlands 3 - Not on steam
    Walking Dead: final season - Probably won't finish launching since the studio died
    Anno 1800 - Not on steam
    Metro Exodus - Not on steam


    So the only games that are on both store fronts.. Are games that haven't been released yet or released by an insolvent studio. Cool, thanks for letting me know

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They're selling the same INDIE games.
    Oh man the goal posts, they be moving.

    From the guy who thinks he can ass pull his own definition of the word compete comes "indie games aren't real games" take. Shocker.

  6. #206
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh man the goal posts, they be moving.

    From the guy who thinks he can ass pull his own definition of the word compete comes "indie games aren't real games" take. Shocker.
    And you didn't even look at the list I made, what a shame, that'd have disproven you anyway since most of them are also indies

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And you didn't even look at the list I made, what a shame, that'd have disproven you anyway since most of them are also indies
    Honestly I don't read your posts past the first line because after that you usually already made it clear it's not worth doing so. You think you can make up your own definition of the word compete, you think you can pick and choose what qualifies for x criteria. Your entire argument is a weak grasp at straws attempt when like I said, it all boils down to sunk cost fallacy.

  8. #208
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Honestly I don't read your posts past the first line because after that you usually already made it clear it's not worth doing so. You think you can make up your own definition of the word compete, you think you can pick and choose what qualifies for x criteria. Your entire argument is a weak grasp at straws attempt when like I said, it all boils down to sunk cost fallacy.
    Go back and look at the list I made. 10 first games on the store, 3 are on Steam, 2 aren't out yet, 1 made by an insolvent studio that died before it finished releasing.

    And I think I've defended my definition of the word compete quite well, since it's the same competition between US ISP's that no one thinks are actually competing. And I literally said to name 1 big game that were on both stores. Indies are, by definition, not big games.

    And about sunk cost fallacy.. If you'd read my 2nd post, you'd know I'd love to support the EGS if they just stopped with their exclusivity bullshit

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And you didn't even look at the list I made, what a shame, that'd have disproven you anyway since most of them are also indies
    It doesn't matter if they are indies or not, EGS and Steam still share a lot of the same games. You are just goal post moving.

    EGS and Steam are competition because both sell the same product.......VIDEO GAMES.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  10. #210
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are indies or not, EGS and Steam still share a lot of the same games. You are just goal post moving.

    EGS and Steam are competition because both sell the same product.......VIDEO GAMES.
    The first 10 games I found on the EGS, 2 weren't out yet, 1 will never finish. 7 were exclusives.

    And they sell the same SERVICE, not the same product. The service is a storefront to buy games, the products are the games. A minority of the games they offer are shared between the storefronts. Just like US ISP's. The sell the same service, internet. But since they don't sell it at the same place at the same time, they don't offer the same product, as such, not truly competing with each other in more than the most base definition.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The first 10 games I found on the EGS, 2 weren't out yet, 1 will never finish. 7 were exclusives.

    And they sell the same SERVICE, not the same product. The service is a storefront to buy games, the products are the games. A minority of the games they offer are shared between the storefronts. Just like US ISP's. The sell the same service, internet. But since they don't sell it at the same place at the same time, they don't offer the same product, as such, not truly competing with each other in more than the most base definition.
    Holy fuck there is so much wrong with this post, Go take a business class or something.

    By ur logic Wal-Mart and Amazon are not competition.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  12. #212
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Holy fuck there is so much wrong with this post, Go take a business class or something.

    By ur logic Wal-Mart and Amazon are not competition.
    They're selling the same stuff except with a different brand.

    If I want toilet paper, I don't care who made it. If I want to play CoD, I want to play CoD, not Battlefield, or some other game. On the surface BF and CoD are the same product, it's a modern-ish first person shooter with a focus on multiplayer. But they handle WAY differently. Toilet paper wipes your ass just as well no matter who made it as long as it's still the same number of layers

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They're selling the same stuff except with a different brand.

    If I want toilet paper, I don't care who made it. If I want to play CoD, I want to play CoD, not Battlefield, or some other game. On the surface BF and CoD are the same product, it's a modern-ish first person shooter with a focus on multiplayer. But they handle WAY differently. Toilet paper wipes your ass just as well no matter who made it as long as it's still the same number of layers
    The fact you used CoD and Battlefield as examples shows you don't know what your talking about.

    Yes they may be two different games but they cater to the same crowd and both EA and Activision saw each game as competition.

    Like I said you clearly don't have a clue about what your talking about. Facts outweigh your feels and the fact is EGS is competition for Steam.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How is Epic competing WHEN THEY DON'T OFFER THE SAME PRODUCTS?
    How are EA and Activision competing WHeN oNe SelLS BATtleFiELd aND ThE OthER sElLs cAll oF DUtY?

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And they sell the same SERVICE, not the same product.
    Then they are competing for the same service. A couple of posts could have been avoided if you just accepted that instead of arguing about specific game titles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They're selling the same stuff except with a different brand.
    So selling Video games with different names is not the same as selling Video games with different names? Video games give you enjoyment just as well no matter what storefront you give the money too.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #216
    Never understood why people are fine with other exclusives but not Epic.

    Hate to tell people this but exclusives has been a thing since video games began.

  17. #217
    Shit, that one is almost as good as "They are forced to take the money cuz starvation!"
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understood why people are fine with other exclusives but not Epic.

    Hate to tell people this but exclusives has been a thing since video games began.
    PC gamers have never been ok with exclusives.
    Most people were happy it when many old console exclusives started appearing on steam.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    PC gamers have never been ok with exclusives.
    Most people were happy it when many old console exclusives started appearing on steam.
    I mean there's been PC exclusive games since the 80s so /shrug.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean there's been PC exclusive games since the 80s so /shrug.
    Those that you call exclusives are just games that game companies didn't find suitable for consoles
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •