Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I'm sure Myobi will call you out for this too

Hey, hey! I'm not calling out anyone! Moderators don't like it when I call out people =( *points at signature* Please mods, don't trust this person, don't ban me again =(

Seriously now, all I'm saying is that shit ain't really black or white, Epic is far from perfect, however a lot of criticism towards it is done in such a poor way... it's just unbelievable.

Titan
    Its sad how many people are so willingly trying to act like EGS can do no wrong despite a myriad of legitimate concerns and lack of features on the platform while they bitch about Valve taking too much of a cut from game sales while they defend paid exclusives despite it being bad for consumers and doesn't create actual competition.

The EGS apologists know that if a game was on Steam and EGS at the same time at release, it would sell better on Steam because of the user base and wide variety of features that EGS doesn't and won't have for a long time, so they have to keep pretending like there's actually competition going on when there isn't.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2019-05-18 at 05:35 PM.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Its sad how many people are so willingly trying to act like EGS can do no wrong despite a myriad of legitimate concerns and lack of features on the platform while they bitch about Valve taking too much of a cut from game sales while they defend paid exclusives despite it being bad for consumers and doesn't create actual content.
    I absolutely agree, it’s truly sad to see these CEOs starving and going homeless, forced into such nasty deals just to survive, a truly legitimate concern truly deserving of some serious discussion.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I absolutely agree, it’s truly sad to see these CEOs starving and going homeless, forced into such nasty deals just to survive, a truly legitimate concern truly deserving of some serious discussion.
    Keep on shilling for those CEO who don't give a single fuck about you, all they want is your money and have zero interest in anything but their profit margins and sating the greedy lust of investors.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Keep on shilling for those CEO who don't give a single fuck about you, all they want is your money and have zero interest in anything but their profit margins and sating the greedy lust of investors.
    Yes, because if I’m not drooling all over the place while throwing the most nonsensical arguments around, I’m “shilling” for them *slow clap* brilliant fucking logic! Thank you for providing such a perfect fucking example of what I was just saying couple of pages ago…

Also, yes, a fucking company that only cares for my fucking money, it’s a never seen sort of shit before... my fucking lord.

Titan
    Ya know what company cares about making the most money? The company that has the most access to consumers, not restricting their product to singular platforms and services.

Ya know what company cares about making the most money? The company that has the most access to consumers, not restricting their product to singular platforms and services.
    We also have been over that countless of times by now… every platform has exclusives.

… and regardless the excuse you feel like pulling out to justify why it’s okay for everyone else besides Epic to have them, it still doesn’t explain why people are this mad at Epic for making those deals, but not at the developers for accepting them, going as far as back peddling the promises made to their backers for it.

Yes, exclusives are shit, and so is the Epic’s launcher in all its basic ass form, thus why I have yet to purchase a single fucking game on it (yet this is what a potato’s like you entitle of “shilling) , I recommend you doing the same, because the only thing you are going to accomplish by going around spewing that sort of nonsense in such over the top “outraged” manner is self-humiliation, nothing else.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...rst-ever-sale/

Games are now being pulled from the Epic store because of this sale. Probably because Epic didn't even inform these publishers that this sale was going on and they were losing fucking money from it. Developer first? I think not. Whoops. And Epic also likes to boast that their exclusives give their customers the most access.

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/stat...41438313312256

People do too many transactions in a short amount of time also get their accounts flagged as "fraudulent". Hmmm.. what would prevent that? Maybe something that you can put multiple games in so you can buy them all at once?

Edit: Oh yeah and Sweeney calling Paradox greedy for not wanting their game to be already 70% off when it's 10 months away from release.

https://www.gamingonpc.com/general-g...from-egs-sale/
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-05-18 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    <snip>

They might just crumble on their own if they keep it up.

Games are now being pulled from the Epic store because of this sale. Probably because Epic didn't even inform these publishers that this sale was going on and they were losing fucking money from it. Developer first? I think not. Whoops. And Epic also likes to boast that their exclusives give their customers the most access.

People do too many transactions in a short amount of time also get their accounts flagged as "fraudulent". Hmmm.. what would prevent that? Maybe something that you can put multiple games in so you can buy them all at once?

Edit: Oh yeah and Sweeney calling Paradox greedy for not wanting their game to be already 70% off when it's 10 months away from release.

Yep epic doesnt give a shit abauth their game suppliers and they will just cut down their profit when placing game on sale. Makes those % less from steam non-revelant now.
    I wonder how many of them will abandon epic store (those that didnt get paid by epic).

What a shitshow from egs, hope fortnite dies soon and they run out of money for "exclusives"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Titan

I wouldn't expect publishers to learn their lesson here. They care about sating the lust for money that is investors and that's the people they have to satisfy. No doubt they are contractually obligated to keep their games on the store, especially if they are paid exclusives, but they've dug their own graves. Also, I don't have any love for Paradox after they bought up Harebrained Schemes because their website is a pile of crap and I don't like their proprietary online services, but at least Battletech remains on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What a shitshow from egs, hope fortnite dies soon and they run out of money for "exclusives"
    Not a chance in hell.

Games actually rarely die, Hell Everquest is still going strong for nearly 20 years.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not a chance in hell.

Games actually rarely die, Hell Everquest is still going strong for nearly 20 years.
    Fad will die pretty soon. Also since laws are catching up with a micro-trash and lootboxes, their profits will go down later even more. Its gona effect all the industry.
    2-4 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Fad will die pretty soon.
    Yes, sort of like World of Warcraft, Minecraft, League of Legends, Counter Strike and what not... oh wait.

Sure, eventually this massive craze around of it will shift into something else new and exciting, but it won't die, it will pretty much stay where it is just making less money.

Yes, sort of like World of Warcraft, Minecraft, League of Legends, Counter Strike and what not... oh wait.

Sure, eventually this massive craze around of it will shift into something else new and exciting, but it won't die, it will pretty much stay where it is just making less money.
    And this is the reason why they made a store. Less money is not good enogh ... gota get ALL THE MONEY:

And this is the reason why they made a store. Less money is not good enogh ... gota get ALL THE MONEY:
    Yet another thing never seen before, a company wanting even more money =P

How dare a business want to make money. That is so selfish of them

Fad will die pretty soon. Also since laws are catching up with a micro-trash and lootboxes, their profits will go down later even more. Its gona effect all the industry.
    2-4 years at least.
    If that time ever happens they will have even more money in the bank.

Fad will die pretty soon.
    Oh if that is like when WoW, Minecraft, LoL and CS had their "fads" die.... spoiler alert: they will still be making truck loads of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another thing never seen before, a company wanting even more money =P
    Valve would never want to make "all the money"! Must be why they literally invented loot boxes and meanwhile this guy is shaming Epic for MTX in fortnite lmao.

As people try to get outraged about this, they usually have a constant stream of hypocrisy coming from their KBs.

2-4 years at least.
    Laws are really only fight towards loot boxes. IIRC fortnite doesn't use overly predatory MTX policies, from the little bit I played they didn't have loot boxes at least.

You're never going to see a law that states that games can have ZERO mtx.