Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That is until epic has a sale and doesn't tell you so you make them remove your game temporarily or raise the base price of your game to get more money from people and epic(as epic was paying the 10 bucks or what ever it was.)
    Epic told everyone if you believe their word. The developer that raised their price even said they were going to raise the price anyways and it was bad timing to do it with the sale. Plenty of developers on Steam don't participate in the steam sales or do so to a minor degree. It is a non-issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What expectations did they have tho? They obviously didn't expect too amazing of numbers as epic was a new launcher and had tons of flaws.
    Do you have literally anything other than your imagination to back this assertion up?

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have literally anything other than your imagination to back this assertion up?
    It’s the usual… we’re assuming from the get go than the majority of users actually give a damn about anything else other than just playing their video games, thus its “obvious”.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Where's the sales figures then? Because there's still ZERO hard numbers.
    From the Publisher who made that statement.

    Your VGchart's link doesn't mean shit and those links are about Console Sales and my link was about PC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What expectations did they have tho? They obviously didn't expect too amazing of numbers as epic was a new launcher and had tons of flaws.
    And your proof is?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-26 at 01:43 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  5. #405
    Can we make the people trying to die on a hill defending epic games watch this LegacyKilla video?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4wbq0zN0U
    (main topic is GOG2.0 but good summary of many of the issues with epic throughout)
    Last edited by Razamith; 2019-05-26 at 03:12 AM.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Can we make the people trying to die on a hill defending epic games watch this video?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4wbq0zN0U
    (main topic is GOG2.0 but good summary of many of the issues with epic throughout)
    Don't care for some click bait video..

    Yes EGS has issues, So does Steam and they had a monopoly on the PC market for the longest time.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  7. #407
    lol legacykilla is clickbait now. Just absolutely not interested in any reasonable discussion eh? Not really surprised.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    lol legacykilla is clickbait now. Just absolutely not interested in any reasonable discussion eh? Not really surprised.
    Amazing Youtube name....

    Like really what more do you want me to say, Did you have trouble even reading what I said. As I have said before BOTH stores are shit and have things they need to fix. People acting like EGS is some kinda of evil monster out to get you are just being ether childish or a fanboy of Valve.

    Repeat after me cause I'm tired of repeating myself.... BOTH STORES ARE SHIT.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-05-26 at 03:32 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #409
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Amazing Youtube name....

    Like really what more do you want more to say, Did you have trouble even reading what I said. As I have said before BOTH stores are shit and have things they need to fix. People acting like EGS is some kinda of evil monster out to get you are just being ether childish or a fanboy of Valve.

    Repeat after me cause I'm tired of repeating myself.... BOTH STORES ARE SHIT.
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS. I am absolutely happy with Steam. I don't want to use EGS simply cause of the lack of features that I have come to want from a launcher. Steam provides what I want. With any luck, Galaxy 2.0 will help bridge the gap between the two platforms for me by providing what I want. A single place to keep all my games while also providing features I want (things like cloud saves, achievements, friend chat, etc). If Galaxy 2.0 works like they say it will, I'll have no problem buying games with EGS. It's just right now, EGS isn't doing anything for me to want to leave Steam.

  10. #410
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    From the Publisher who made that statement.

    Your VGchart's link doesn't mean shit and those links are about Console Sales and my link was about PC.
    And once again, you failed to ignore the fact that the publisher provided ZERO factual numbers as far as sales VOLUME. How many copies of the game have they moved, both the original releases of Metro 2033 and Last light as well as the remastered versions? But they fail to state those numbers.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  11. #411
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS. I am absolutely happy with Steam. I don't want to use EGS simply cause of the lack of features that I have come to want from a launcher. Steam provides what I want. With any luck, Galaxy 2.0 will help bridge the gap between the two platforms for me by providing what I want. A single place to keep all my games while also providing features I want (things like cloud saves, achievements, friend chat, etc). If Galaxy 2.0 works like they say it will, I'll have no problem buying games with EGS. It's just right now, EGS isn't doing anything for me to want to leave Steam.
    galaxy 2.0 looks really hot. That's how you attract people to your platform, look at this shit, EGS, and be ashamed of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I can't repeat after you cause I don't find both to be shit, only EGS.
    Your factually wrong but cool, Your welcome to that opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And once again, you failed to ignore the fact that the publisher provided ZERO factual numbers as far as sales VOLUME. How many copies of the game have they moved, both the original releases of Metro 2033 and Last light as well as the remastered versions? But they fail to state those numbers.
    They provided you a number, 2.5x the amount last light did.

    It doesn't matter what you got to say to it, They said it sold better and their word trumps yours.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Just absolutely not interested in any reasonable discussion eh? Not really surprised.
    Yes, because linking YouTube video while saying “make the people trying to die on a hill defending epic watch it” is a great fucking way to start a “reasonable discussion”, am I right?

    Also, most people here being accused of “shilling” for Epic already stated, some multiple times even, that the launcher is pretty shitty in general, but alas, anyone who isn’t drooling around while pulling “facts” from where the sun doesn’t shine to further shit on it is “defending” them.

    Now, good video… but what’s your point?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They said it sold better and their word trumps yours.

    Also, by law they can't lie about it, can they? Thus when the numbers are bad, companies go silent about it? Which was actually the original point that was being made with this shit actually.
    Last edited by Myobi; 2019-05-26 at 04:25 AM.
    Pay-2-Win?

    ♩ ♪ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... ♫

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Also, by law they can't lie about it, can they? Thus when the numbers are bad, companies go silent about it? Which was actually the original point that was being made with this shit actually.
    Nope they can't, Its very illegal to lie about sales numbers.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #415
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    galaxy 2.0 looks really hot. That's how you attract people to your platform, look at this shit, EGS, and be ashamed of yourself.
    The GOG 2.0 client isn't the same thing though. Discord is its competition if anything. Its more of a social and game hub than a store. GOGs store will remain the niche that it is (not that its a bad think. I love GOGs store). GOG 2.0 takes nothing from EGS or Steam stores/hosting. It separates the game from all the junk that comes with some stores ie Steam and keeps a gamers games all in one place regardless of storefront (so your EGS, Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc games, contacts, achieves, saves? all in one place).

    The reason why GOG's store will always be niche is the type of games it hosts and its stance on no DRM.

  16. #416
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    I would not trust EGS with a bar of soap, not after the shenanigans of their recent sale, what with publishers/developers pulling their as yet unreleased games because they were included in the sale when they should not of been..

    Then there is the matter of peoples personal data being sent to the wrong people and so on an so forth, and one final thing people getting their accounts locked because they wanted to buy multiple games..

    And all of that because the one feature that should always be in included when an online store is launched, is a shopping cart of which EGS have yet to add, so yeah I don't trust EGS at all..

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Then there is the matter of peoples personal data being sent to the wrong people and so on an so forth
    You mean the conspiracy theory that the internet passed around because they are too dumb to read a TOS and see that Steam/Valve does the exact same thing and it doesn't work the way the small loud minority thought it did.

    Personal data isn't being sent to anyone and the CEO of Epic has already said as such.

    Before you say "well hes lying" that's very illegal to do.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  18. #418
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean the conspiracy theory that the internet passed around because they are too dumb to read a TOS and see that Steam/Valve does the exact same thing and it doesn't work the way the small loud minority thought it did.

    Personal data isn't being sent to anyone and the CEO of Epic has already said as such.

    Before you say "well hes lying" that's very illegal to do.
    I think grexly is referring to the GDPR-incident that happened not so long ago and not the usual "hurr durr chinese overlords" stuff

  19. #419
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I think grexly is referring to the GDPR-incident that happened not so long ago and not the usual "hurr durr chinese overlords" stuff
    Either that story is true and Epic worked fast and diligently to fix the issue as much as they could. Throw it in the bin with other security fuck ups, which Valve/Steam has had plenty of.

    Or the dude made the whole thing up and is a piece of shit for it. Personally, I'd wait for similar stories to see if Epic cant tell Tom from Dick.

  20. #420
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean the conspiracy theory that the internet passed around because they are too dumb to read a TOS and see that Steam/Valve does the exact same thing and it doesn't work the way the small loud minority thought it did.

    Personal data isn't being sent to anyone and the CEO of Epic has already said as such.

    Before you say "well hes lying" that's very illegal to do.
    As Sezerek pointed out it was the GDPR incident, maybe do a google search before going off on your conspiracy theory BS..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Either that story is true and Epic worked fast and diligently to fix the issue as much as they could. Throw it in the bin with other security fuck ups, which Valve/Steam has had plenty of.

    Or the dude made the whole thing up and is a piece of shit for it. Personally, I'd wait for similar stories to see if Epic cant tell Tom from Dick.
    According to the story the person involved was upset at the supposed flippant attitude of the EGS customer support, when they found out what had happened..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •