Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,924
    The best part about being a weeb is i dont give a single shit what western game go where cause i have less than 0 interest in them. Awwwww yeeeeee

  2. #162
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet that game still sold way more on EGS then the first two of its series did on Steam combined. Its the loud minority that gives a shit but like I said its a minority.

    Steam has been the main place to buy PC games for over a decade, Just having a better working store wouldn't be enough to get people to switch over.

    Exclusives breed competition, doesn't matter if its exclusive games or features.

    Was how Metro was handled shitty? Yes but it still worked. With BL3 and Outer Worlds you know well in advance.
    Will just have to wait and see, Outerworlds I may get when it gets set free (in no rush got so many games I hardly play anyway) or just get it from the MS Store, as for BL3 well not even sure about that one, but again in no rush to get it either..

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The best part about being a weeb is i dont give a single shit what western game go where cause i have less than 0 interest in them. Awwwww yeeeeee
    guess epic will buy your fav waifu sim studio next

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    or just get it from the MS Store
    I can't even buy anything from the MS store lol. Like I physically CAN'T, the store won't download anything to my computer it always fails not matter what fix i do

  5. #165
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I can't even buy anything from the MS store lol. Like I physically CAN'T, the store won't download anything to my computer it always fails not matter what fix i do
    Yeah when things like that happen then it really is a pita.. Why having multiple platforms is better than one or two, for when things like that happen..

  6. #166
    Long live Steam - a beacon of light in the digital content distribution market.

    Death to Epic Games - the antithesis of integrity.

    PS: Exclusives are pro-corporation and anti-consumer. Whether that be PlayStation 4 exclusives or Epic Games exclusives, the methodology is the same.
    Last edited by InTheEnd; 2019-05-07 at 07:56 AM.

  7. #167
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    15,417
    A few years from now all in support on this will choke on their praises for this when they realize epic and swiney are just more of the same and maybe even worse when they turn into something like EA due to necessity of their shareholders.

    What a big surprise that will be /s

    Gamers are going to be shafted once again but what else is new eh 90's repeating themselves

  8. #168
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,718
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Long live Steam - a beacon of light in the digital content distribution market.

    Death to Epic Games - the antithesis of integrity.

    PS: Exclusives are pro-corporation and anti-consumer. Whether that be PlayStation 4 exclusives or Epic Games exclusives, the methodology is the same.
    And since the egs is about making corporations happy, it's no surprise they like exclusives.

  9. #169
    I read on kotaku of an apri fool's joke about some1 announcing a launcher to launch different game launchers, think we're getting there and faster than expected too
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  10. #170
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    guess epic will buy your fav waifu sim studio next
    Yeah like epic can buy nintendo

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah like epic can buy nintendo
    If fortnite stays that strong for some years more that could happen
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  12. #172
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,924
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    If fortnite stays that strong for some years more that could happen
    Dont you fucking dare

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And yet Epic are doing the exact same thing by limiting peoples choice on where they buy their game for up to 12 months or so.. Yes Steam needed competition but the way Epic are going about it, is not the way to go all you do is create animosity in the PC gaming arena..
    But if it is acceptable now for games to only be on steam, origin, or Uplay (not sure if uplay has any exclusives since they play nice with steam still) why is it bad for there to now be exclusives on Epic. You and others are labeling it bad for the simple fact that Epic is new rather then one of the established stores that already do what you are hating on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Nobody stops developers from releasing on different stores.
    Obviously there is a reason why every developer hasn't put their game on every digital distribution platform out there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #174
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,403
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If they are solely on the Steam platform then they are exclusive to steam. You don't have to sign a contract to be exclusive if there is no where else to go.
    Many games are only on Steam out of sheer convenience to the developers, otherwise they'd likely sell their games independently. What's the point in them selling a game online when they have ease of access to DRM protections and a stable vendor? Not to mention a game being sold on Steam doesn't make it exclusive to Steam outside of Valve's own IPs. It's also easier to pay someone else to maintain server infrastructure and all of the features that Steam has.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  15. #175
    The only issues related to this I have are honestly more on the publishers than Epic. When a game, especially a kick starter game, says they'll be on steam but then backs away from being on Steam at release, I understand the frustration there. If you've announced you'll be on a platform, you ought to release on that platform along with the rest unless there's an actual reason, like say they need a little more time to work on a pc version port or something. I can totally get why people are upset over games saying they'll be on steam THEN swapping to Epic exclusive.

    Epic exclusives however in general I have no issue with, and in the above issue, I blame the publishers/developers who took the deal more so than Epic themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    If fortnite stays that strong for some years more that could happen

    Maybe if the Switch had bombed.

  16. #176
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But if it is acceptable now for games to only be on steam, origin, or Uplay (not sure if uplay has any exclusives since they play nice with steam still) why is it bad for there to now be exclusives on Epic. You and others are labeling it bad for the simple fact that Epic is new rather then one of the established stores that already do what you are hating on.
    I guess that you have forgotten the furor over Metro Exodus and how the publisher Deep Silver, decided 2 weeks before release to ditch Steam and instead do a 12 month exclusive with Epic.. Then there was the Phoenix Point drama as well..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-05-07 at 03:10 PM.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    PS: Exclusives are pro-corporation and anti-consumer. Whether that be PlayStation 4 exclusives or Epic Games exclusives, the methodology is the same.
    That really all depends. If Microsoft locks up a bunch of Exclusives that is pro-consumer if I own an Xbox. Because I get exclusive access to a bunch of stuff and it helps increase the value of my console purchase. Even for PC it isn't really anti-consumer unless it also drives up the price or limits the service that you get (dlc, patches, support). By keeping something off of steam all you lose out on are TCG, achievements, steam profile, and steam-only discounts/sales.

    Also if you look at the split that Epic is giving vs Steam it shows that steam is pro-corporation. They want to make money. They have been pretty good about how they have used their power over the market and have been generally good with developers. But steam is still pro-corporation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I guess that you have forgotten the furor over Metro Exodus and how the publisher Deep Silver, decided 2 weeks before release to decided to ditch Steam and instead do a 12 month exclusive with Epic.. Then there was the Phoenix Point drama as well..
    And? Saying that a company isn't bad for having exclusives isn't the same as saying all deals they make are automatically good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Many games are only on Steam out of sheer convenience to the developers, otherwise they'd likely sell their games independently. What's the point in them selling a game online when they have ease of access to DRM protections and a stable vendor? Not to mention a game being sold on Steam doesn't make it exclusive to Steam outside of Valve's own IPs. It's also easier to pay someone else to maintain server infrastructure and all of the features that Steam has.
    Right I get all of that. Steam doesn't have to sign deals for exclusivity because they are the only real option. Epic needs to sign deals because they need to attract both developers and users to their platform.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #178
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And? Saying that a company isn't bad for having exclusives isn't the same as saying all deals they make are automatically good.
    Will give you that then, will say that it is the what for a better word is underhanded practices of the publishers.. Not sure why they can't do like Obisidian with having Outerworlds on the Microsoft Store but that is of course that they are a part of Microsoft anyway.. Maybe more how Paradox are releasing VtM: Bloodlines 2 on four distribution platforms..

    Still annoying as all hell to say your game is coming out on one platform only to reneg at the last minute and release it on another..

  19. #179
    Patiently waiting for an EPIC FAIL
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  20. #180
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,403
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right I get all of that. Steam doesn't have to sign deals for exclusivity because they are the only real option. Epic needs to sign deals because they need to attract both developers and users to their platform.
    Or, you know, release a superior product with better services than the company they are trying to compete with. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. But I guess trying to beat Valve at their own game is hard.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •