Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Voice Chat in Classic WoW?

I saw the gameplay-footage and it didn't had voice chat yet (at least the symbol). So will it be included? Because as far as i know it's even law in the US to have it now with new games; and even through it's not really a new game, it will be published as a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it won't be, but for that pure Vanilla experience everyone should download Ventrillo!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wut

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone even use in-game voice?

Everyone on pservers just uses Discord, so I expect people will stay on those channels.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

"Hey! Lets have old shiet back but add a bunch of new good things from retail so that the experience will be better."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I saw the gameplay-footage and it didn't had voice chat yet (at least the symbol). So will it be included? Because as far as i know it's even law in the US to have it now with new games; and even through it's not really a new game, it will be published as a new game.
    u wot m8? Seriously where did you learn this?

Seems i misunderstood something. It does not require Voice chat to have, rather you need to have Voice to Text or Text to Voice accessability-options in the game.

Edit: Or not. As far as i see it, with communications ingame, you might also need an ingame VoiP-accessability-option too.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-05-01 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Does anyone even use in-game voice?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Everyone on pservers just uses Discord, so I expect people will stay on those channels.
    Nope, nobody is using discord outside of guilds or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    "Hey! Lets have old shiet back but add a bunch of new good things from retail so that the experience will be better."
    Implying an in-game voice chat is going to make or break shit when people are going to make you join Discord anyway.

Gaming world is a lot different now than it was in 2004-2005, Discord has pretty much monopoly on ease-of-access VoiP services. Free, lightweight desktop client, super easy to use, also works in Browser.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I advise you to log in right now, check the LFD tool and see how many groups that have "voice chat: x" ticked in their group say Discord. I bet it will be at least 90% Discord. Completely random pug groups doing high m+ keys or pugging 1-3 bosses of BoD Mythic, everyone uses Discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes.

Nobody outside of guilds and friends uses voice at all, and if you're counting PUGs in that then you're still wrong because they just use their guild channels.

In-game voice has always been niche and secondary compared to 3rd party voice apps.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

What law are you stating mate, don't know of one, and for that Vanilla feel, Vent or Teamspeak or nothing at all. Stay Vanilla, stay classy.

No and discord will be disabled as well, only vent allowed.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

lol that it's a law in the US to have voice chat in games. I'm so done with today.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want "Play sounds in background", so annboying to play vanilla and wait in BG queues and alt-tab and not hear the BG pop

I live in the us, what law do you speak of

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what?

lol Where'd you come up with this? Man people think up the weirdest shit.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    lol Where'd you come up with this? Man people think up the weirdest shit.
    https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news...aw-1203099440/

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle.net voice chat may be available. The game will be on the battle.net client so seems possible that it will be. The law about disability and access would be covered with the battle.net client chat.

If you want to be authentic, don't use it if it is. Don't use discord either.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-02 at 02:27 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

TeamSpeak or Ventrillo!