Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Lol.. yeah, it's like all of a sudden, they want all the night elven lore and history to not be night elven. At this rate, the darnassians are feeling like the sub-race that emerged after the sundering, rather than the main night elf race that is still around.
    And you want to make blood elven history and lore to be exclusive to night elves. At this rate, all other elves will feel like a subrace that emerged just before forming of Empire of Arathor.
    Did you see how little the daranssians are involved with any of their major night elven lore - whether the Legion, Suramar, Cathedral of Eternal NIght/ToS, now Zin'Azshari -- it's like ignoring them for so long, they forgot that Legion and Azshara are the 2 big things of the night elves. They even were fixing demon hunters and highborne to be more to be with thalassians than night elves.. I mean originally, their highborne past was the secret past of the high elves.
    No. It wasn't secret. Blood elves had monuments for Dath'remar since BC.
    Their identity was high elves, highborne was only in relation to when their ancestors were night elves.. now I can swear most players think high elf and highborne are interchangeable and demon hunters have more to do with blood elves than night elves. Just as most thought Suramar had more to do with blood elves than night elves despite endless topics pointing out this is the city the Darnassians mainly come from, and is the stage the heroes of the War of the Ancients start from.
    It is interchangeable in Thalassian: quel'dorei=highborne and quel'dorei=high elf. Conclusion? Highborne=high elf. Demon hunters have more to do with blood elves because Darnassians despise fel users and we all know how they treated Illidan. Demon hunters are part of their society since Legion. Blood elves, at the other hand embraced fel and paid respect to Illidan until great misunderstading that was BC story. And yes, Suramar has more to do with blood elves as nightborne are highborne who didn't do with said heroes and after defeating Legion in temple of Elune sealed themselves in Suramar. They have more in common with blood elves due to their cultural(architecture, arcane magic, lack of state religion) and historical similarities(mana addiction, leader forced to side with Legion). Moreover, Darnassians greatly changed since War of the Ancients.

EVen in the blood elf starting area, there is much that reminds you about the night elves. One is night based moon and stars with it's own advanced city look (which you see in suramar) and its forestry (which you see in Ashenvale/val'sharah), the other day based, sun focused, with its golds and reds (blue if high elf). With a common root there will be overlap, night elf highborne are most similar to high elves as they should be culturally, but we must never forget they are night elves, not high elves. high elves is how a group of highborne evolved tob ecome more human like. highborne night elf is what the original is.
    The only big difference is skin color. In other things blood elves are more similar to highborne than Darnassians do.
    The other branches of the night elves are the druid treehugger, the Amazonian female warrior society and the Edgelord demon hunters. All 4 form the 4 key aspects of the night elves.
    Amazonians and treehuggers dominate. Highborne and demon hunters are mistrusted minority.

For the Thalassians it ofc is the Magister, the Farstriders and the Priests (high elf)/Blood knights (blood elves). Their focus and distribution is different. They are not like night elf society in the pre-sundering era, though they have similarities and influences - the night elves are more magically fixated, while the high elves were more prudent and more rounded.
    Magisters and Farstriders(although less numerous than magisters) dominate. Priests are of lesser importance. As for magical fixation, nightborne, who are the most similar to original highborne, have hunters too. However, I agree that farstriders aren't as magical as rest of the Thalassians. As for priests, they seem to romance with the arcane somehow as they sometimes are called mage-priests and they were trained in arcane sanctums.
    Night elves had the priest hood play a huge intrinsic role in what appears a very rigid structuring. The high elves seemed a bit more utopian republic, less imperialistic. whiles the farstriders is it is own network and orgnaisation, amongst the nighte lves archers are found a core part of the priesthood, and army where they wield magic like that, as opposed to being some separate independent orgnaisation.
    Prior to War of the Ancients, priestesses didn't rule the Kaldorei Empire. Highborne mages did.

Now Look at the Alliance camp, night elves are scarce/ the minority

As I said multiple times, personal relationships can wait when there is a war in Kalimdor. If Tyrande moved her forces to Nazjatar, it would be submission to the rule of cool and people would cry about bad writing and plot holes. That said, Tyrande is so weird character that she might decide to do so.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-05-03 at 10:34 AM.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Also it makes little sense for Tyrande's forces to be in Naz'jatar. The Alliance did not exactly choose to get their fleet sunk, they fell for N'zoth's trap.

Why would any Night Elf even be there? Every Night Elf should fight for their survival in Darkshore.
    Last edited by eurojust; 2019-05-03 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why would Shandris even be there? Every Night Elf should fight for their survival in Darkshore.
    Shandris also serves alongside the army and is a campaign follower. Like Genn and Nathanos, she routinely violates the space time continuum by being in multiple places at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    The most insulting slap in the face to the Alliance really.

Tyrande gets a cool powerup, immediately fails to use it, then gets regulated to her little patch of blight covered forests for however many years. Meanwhile Genn and Jaina for some reason are leading their armies against an enemy they know next to nothing about besides naga=bad.

There could have been so much potential between Horde, Alliance and Azshara. I know that's a lot of elves, but fuck do we really need humans to take the spotlight here too?
    From my point of view Nazjatar, Zinazshari and Azshara is a matter that elves have to solve !!

- - - Updated - - -

Nazjatar Alliance Questline 8.2 - Queen Azshara - Ankoan

So they skirted around the underwater mechanics in Cataclysm?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.

As expected, it looks like Azshuna's brother that's going through rehab and I heavily disliked that zone.

Nazjatar Alliance Finale Part 8.2 - Azshara's Eternal Palace Quest - Assault on Tidestone

BFA’s story was obviously created in a google doc overnight on New Years Eve.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The whole concept of the zone and what I have read about it is already pure stupidity, so Azshara could literally drown them all if she so chooses, but does not because horde and alliance armies are entertaining..............................

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The whole concept of the zone and what I have read about it is already pure stupidity, so Azshara could literally drown them all if she so chooses, but does not because horde and alliance armies are entertaining..............................
    It could've been so simple

1. X Neutral group uses a spell that raises the city or parts the waters so we can attack it

2. Naga raise city because they need it to be open to the air to cast some mega-spell, so we have a brief time to attack

Either of those would've worked
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    It could've been so simple

1. X Neutral group uses a spell that raises the city or parts the waters so we can attack it

2. Naga raise city because they need it to be open to the air to cast some mega-spell, so we have a brief time to attack

Either of those would've worked
    Nope getting to Naz'jatar in any of these ways is stupid still, even if the land is raised, the naga simply could shatter its foundation to sink it again. There is no valid reason for them to raise the city and no valid reason why they couldn't submerge it again, if it was raised. Or simply create a barrier take their valuable stuff and just slither off the island into the ocean, sinking the transport ships cutting the supply lines starving out the armies there.

The whole Idea of making it an accessible zone for armies is utterly stupid, the naga should have so many advantages it is not even funny.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2019-05-05 at 05:30 AM.

They do explain it, mind. Azshara wants the PC to show up so she can use his plot device to free N'zoth. To do that, Nazjatar has to be accessible. The deaths of her people in all this are irrelevant since this is all just entertainment for her until we get to her palace. It's even mentioned she's not concealing her palace or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by You
    But Super Dickmann, why doesn't Azshara just drown the PC and steal the necklace?
    Erm.

Er.

Hmm.

I'll get back to you on that one.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They do explain it, mind. Azshara wants the PC to show up so she can use his plot device to free N'zoth. To do that, Nazjatar has to be accessible. The deaths of her people in all this are irrelevant since this is all just entertainment for her until we get to her palace. It's even mentioned she's not concealing her palace or whatever.

Erm.

Er.

Hmm.

I'll get back to you on that one.
    Would you risk the possibility of the Heart of Azeroth being lost, or worse, destroyed by the massive tidal wave? And Azshara does try to have the PC drowned during the fight against her, when it is within her line of sight.

No risk at all, nothing original, such a deception

Would have prefered large portions of the zone to be under water. Vashjir is one of the most memorable zones and also one of my favourites. It's a bit jarring having copy pasted assets from Azsuna but that's expected from Blizzard at this point. Art department gets a lot of praise lately and a lot of it is earned but there hasn't been truly unique or inspiring zone since Cataclysm that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Would you risk the possibility of the Heart of Azeroth being lost, or worse, destroyed by the massive tidal wave? And Azshara does try to have the PC drowned during the fight against her, when it is within her line of sight.
    Honestly, my pet theory was that the Heart is 'connected' to the PC, hence why Azshara needs you to actually reach her to get this done. I don't figure sensing it will be an issue given it's concentrated planet blood.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Lor'themar needs to look 10 years younger. He looks too similar to Alliance humans with that rugged look.
    Maybe his dream is coming true and he is slowly ascending into humanhood ?

Honestly, my pet theory was that the Heart is 'connected' to the PC, hence why Azshara needs you to actually reach her to get this done. I don't figure sensing it will be an issue given it's concentrated planet blood.
    Good heavens, what a brilliant and original idea if so! Allow the hero to get close, having fought through the minions, thus becoming worthy to be changed into a champion of the very forces he/she fought! Gracious, this idea has truly never been used before! Well done, Blizz writers, I'm in awe of your creativity!
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."

actually she needs us to bring her the heart of azeroth to free Nzoth if I remember correctly