Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I actually loved Vashj'ir. Idk why people hated it so much.
    I loved Vashj'ir too but the reason most don't like it is because of the wonky combat. It's hard to tell the position of an enemy in WoW within a spherical combat area.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I actually loved Vashj'ir. Idk why people hated it so much.
    Mostly the combat. That's where most of the complaints came from. I personally loved the zone and found no issues with the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir too but the reason most don't like it is because of the wonky combat. It's hard to tell the position of an enemy in WoW within a 3d sphere.
    Yeah you did have to do a bit of looking around if it was a ranged enemy but overall it wasn't that bad or as bad as people made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mostly the combat. That's where most of the complaints came from. I personally loved the zone and found no issues with the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you did have to do a bit of looking around if it was a ranged enemy but overall it wasn't that bad or as bad as people made it out to be.
    I can agree completely. I love the look of Vashj'ir and it didn't rely on Argus' 'look but don't touch' design by having far off and more interesting places.

It looks great and people are overcriticising it just because they are angry about the expansion as a whole and have spilled nothing but negativity about it for months.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    It looks great and people are overcriticising it just because they are angry about the expansion as a whole and have spilled nothing but negativity about it for months.
    Or maybe it's a place we wanted to see since Warcraft III: TFT and the end result didn't deliver.
    Now I haven't been to the zone myself. But I have seen the pictures and read the comments both here and on reddit. The consensus is that Nazjatar is a bland zone with reused assets.

So its that Naga camp in Aszuna moved to just outside Suramar? I mean see what they are going for, but they didnt hit it. It needs to be a bit darker, with more watery areas, with pools and waterfalls, and eels coming out of coral holes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

One thing I don't get and I'll have to wait for the cinematics for. Wasn't Naz'jatar supposed to be below the Maelstrom? We are clearly not there; no shaman area and you would not need the Tidestone to destroy a fleet there, the Maelstrom would do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir too but the reason most don't like it is because of the wonky combat. It's hard to tell the position of an enemy in WoW within a spherical combat area.
    I mean all they'd have to do is find a reason why we cannot swim. Like, Naz'jatar was supposed to be in the deep sea below the Maelstrom so instead of parting the waves, Azshara could have just sunk us in the deep and we would be restricting to walking and running around (and no swimming) because of the water pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing I don't get and I'll have to wait for the cinematics for. Wasn't Naz'jatar supposed to be below the Maelstrom? We are clearly not there; no shaman area and you would not need the Tidestone to destroy a fleet there, the Maelstrom would do it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean all they'd have to do is find a reason why we cannot swim. Like, Naz'jatar was supposed to be in the deep sea below the Maelstrom so instead of parting the waves, Azshara could have just sunk us in the deep and we would be restricting to walking and running around (and no swimming) because of the water pressure.
    It probably got moved to where N'zoth was (AKA between Zandalar and Kul'tiras). Because, in the Eternal Palace raid, you literally fight Azshara on N'zoth's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Or maybe it's a place we wanted to see since Warcraft III: TFT and the end result didn't deliver.
    Now I haven't been to the zone myself. But I have seen the pictures and read the comments both here and on reddit. The consensus is that Nazjatar is a bland zone with reused assets.
    You could see it yourself on the ptr, It looks way better ingame than in the few screenshots they showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just looking through screenshots it's bloody depressing to look at.

Was at least expecting one bit of the zone to be Atlantica themed with an Azshara vibe to show off her grandeur/splendour and whatnot.

Seriously what's going on with the art team these days? First armor now zones.
    Moral at Blizzard has to be at a all time low. If the Art team has lost passion for WOW, then thats saying something about how bad things really are
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    Nope. Tons of zones that looked like something new. In fact the best ones always did. Like Isle of Thunder, Tanaan Jungle or Mac'Aree.

As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

As long as that good-for-nothing Ion is at the helm nothing is gonna to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was gonna resub for Mecha/Nazjatar so I hope they make it good.

Also I hope the people who are saying "they are just moving onto the next expansion" are wrong. Azshara is a villain deserving of best efforts, it would be such a waste to deal with her in a half-assed content patch.
    Gul'dan deserved better too but look what we got
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    You could see it yourself on the ptr, It looks way better ingame than in the few screenshots they showed.
    Will do. I'll be sure to get back to you and this thread, once I did that.

One of the last big bad OG Warcraft villains, known for her extravagance, vanity, and lust for power and perfection... and her zone is a drab watery ruin...
    At least the Sea-Unicorn mount is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Gul'dan deserved better too but look what we got
    The nighthold fight was pretty good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    Yeah but this is a new thing to complain about so it's clearly the end of WoW.

Seems a lot like Argus, the two demon zones (can't even remember their names) were fugly, dark and green, impossible to navigate without constant aggro, taxi points far apart, and used tons of verticality making movement extraordinarily annoying. Hated, hated, them. And then there was Mac'Aree, a lovely zone that was reasonably easy to get around.

Nazjatar=demonlands, Mechagon=Mac'Aree.

It is very clear that the zone uses tons of recycled assets. It's just unfortunate they didn't recycle from Vashj'ir and Suramar in addition to Azsuna. Or even better, created a ton of new Naga art.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Argus was actually pretty amazing. And Mac'aree wasn't just 3 buildings at all. It was a mix of multiple buildings filled with Demons, Ghosts, Void beings, and shit. It was awesome, despite 90% of it being a Skybox. Looked no different than Karabor and Shattrath (Both stated to look a bit like Mac'aree, but are far smaller in size).

The other 2 zones are perfectly fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Seems a lot like Argus, the two demon zones (can't even remember their names) were fugly, dark and green, impossible to navigate without constant aggro, taxi points far apart, and used tons of verticality making movement extraordinarily annoying. Hated, hated, them. And then there was Mac'Aree, a lovely zone that was reasonably easy to get around.

Nazjatar=demonlands, Mechagon=Mac'Aree.
    Idk about you, but I was able to go around Krokuun just fine. Same with Mac'aree. However, here's the thing about the Antoran Wastes. It's supposed to be fucked up, full of Demons and Fire, and Green, Black, Purple, and Red. It's where the Demons capital is, basically. So, it'd be weird if the Antoran Wastes worked the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

And idk about you, but I thought Krokuun looked awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

The Music in 7.3 was some of the best in WoW as well, like have you listened to that shit? Jesus...